Civ editor

during game play go to options and enter world builder thats your editor you can only edit your game while playing, not like civi 3 or if you know how to you can edit the game files using notepad ++

using xml you can edit any thing you like in the game files just take a look its much better this way it make modding alot easyer for everyone inc me lol

The world editor in cIV is the absolute WORST feature the game has to offer. As far as making new civs and units, I'd recommend learning XML, cos that's how you're going to have to do it.

Praetorian said:
I think that they did this on purpose!! So they would have something to improve

I think you might be on to something...

With all the options you can edit in the XML files, it would be pretty difficult, if not impossible, to come up with a GUI based editor. yes it's a bit of a pain having to scroll though all the text looking for what you want, but that's offset by what you can do with it.

Heck, I'd be happy for a stand-alone map editor, with the ability to import my maps into hotseat games. I very much liked using my custom maps, and haven't even bothered making maps in cIV because I've lost that ability.

Top Bottom