Civ Versions

rbstansbury

Chieftain
Hi,
I have Civ 4 and really love it so far, never had Civ 3, but am considering buying Civ 3 complete as Civ 4 has me really excited about Civ series in general. Will it be waste of money for me to do so... do most Civ 4 users still use Civ 3 or has it been completely removed from your computer with out regrets?
Thanks

I haven't toutched Civ 3 since getting Civ 4... however having said that I did occasionally play a few games of Civ 2 when I had Civ 3. I'd only play Civ 3 again for some of the total conversions which aren't yet completed for Civ 4 (Warhammer mod, for example).

I haven't played Civ 3 since Civ 4 either. There were some things about Civ 3 that were really iritating like the civil unrest or whatever it was called, and the settler spam, and I don't miss those things, even though settler spam has not been totaly fixed. I think Civ 4 is way better and I won't be gong back.

It's worth buying, considering it's under $20 for the whole pack nowadays.

I don't think you would be disappointed with Civ3, put it that way. If you play the Conquests pack there a some good civs and units that are no longer in the current game. It's got some good scenarios, too. You might be underimpressed with the graphics, but it makes for good gameplay.

Personally i would advise you to buy civ3 only if you don't worry to spend money because civ3 also in its time could not be compared to civ4.CIV4 is a lot better and personally i don't think you would play civ3 so much times if you have CIV4 installed.There are some weak points in civ4 if you compare it to CIV3 but for the rest it is better in all aspects and civ3 now has a poor graphic for the standard so............

Thanks for the feedback, I think I will buy civ 3 complete and give it a try for only 20.00.

Civ III is a great game. I still play Civ III just as much as Civ IV.

Aha, great question because I too am new to the Civilization series and absolutely love Civ IV, and was considering getting Civ3Complete also. Looks like I know what I'll be getting for Father's Day this year!

I am another Civ player who hasn't played Civ3 since installing Civ4. If I hadn't purchased Civ3 before Civ4 was released, I would only buy it to complete my collection of the Civilization series.

Personally I liked Civ1 and Civ2 better than Civ3 and put more hours in playing Civ2 and its expansions than Civ3 and its expansions. I couldn't even begin to guess at how many hours I played the original Civilization. :p

I recommend Civ1.Dos :yup: :goodjob:

rbstansbury said:
Thanks for the feedback, I think I will buy civ 3 complete and give it a try for only 20.00.

Wount that going to be a little like sippin' cider when you can have champagne in another glass?

I liked Civ III alot better after the Conquests xp, having said that I must say that I do not even own a copy of it now. After getting Civ 4 I gave Civ 3 to a friend who doesnt have a computer that would play Civ 4. Had plenty of fun with Civ 3. I can't compare it to 1 or 2 since i never played them..

Depends on the way you like your game ..:rolleyes:

Personally, I thought Civ III was the poorest in the series, but I`m more of a builder than a warmonger.

I still have Civ II on my hard disk, but Civ III was removed on 12th Dec when my Civ IV plopped onto the doormat :p

If you like building lots of soldiers and "having a word" with your neighbours then I guess you`ll love III, otherwise, give Civ II a try

If you absolutely must have Civ III then you can have mine for the price of the postage and a small donation to the charity of your choice!:mischief:

I still occasionally play C3C (RaR mod). But then I still occasionally play SMAX. I never played Civ2 after I got Civ3.

Damn I've heard so much about SMAC/X... How is it really? I don't have problems with graphics so it is all gameplay for me :p
Only thing is I've never played any similar gaem besides Civ3 and 4... And I learn from reading these forums so how will I do in SMAC?

Top Bottom