[BtS] - Updates and progress

Woodelf, did you have a first working version with only the techtree? Or did it never start at all?

I never actually played a game, but was thrilled to be in the main menu.

Should I go back a few versions?

edit - don't miss my ? on the last post please.

I'm finding that Firaxis made modding a PITA with BtS in some respects. Things like Events and Espionage appear to be loading AFTER you start a new game. I'm now crashing as the slideshow is beginning. Here's the XMl error log that I hope matt can look at it. It looks like Espionage XML is hanging it up, but we don't mess with that. I moved it into our mod, but that didn't help.

:crazyeye: wow, your right. It is loading xmls after you start a new game.

start a normal game without the mod and post the log plz.

:crazyeye: wow, your right. It is loading xmls after you start a new game.

start a normal game without the mod and post the log plz.

Here is it. I had to exit to desktop to rename the XML file. Do you need anything else from the log?

Attachments

• xmlFiraxis.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 72
Checked twice, there's no espionage tag in Alphabet. Perhaps a spyunit must be ingame?
Nah, that couldn't be it since FF runs without espionage units.

To be sure I'll check the techtree ingame if Alphabet really enables spying.

Edit: no log attached, Woodelf. ;)

Wierd Geo. I got the main menu to show up, but not the music. Unless the moon music happens after the game actually starts.

Where are the maps listed? I swear that I have some options listed that were Vanilla and not BtS.

When I pick a map it's going all the way to Public Maps in Civ4. This can't be normal. I'm actually choosing the old moon map by the looks. :(

I'm uploading what I have to the civfanatics server since I can't work on it until Sunday now (for real). It about 62 megs because of some audio that isn't likely needed since we can't play the game. :D

When I pick a map it's going all the way to Public Maps in Civ4. This can't be normal. I'm actually choosing the old moon map by the looks. :(
You should be getting 7 map setting options. How many are you getting?

I modified the ini to disable public maps so that you only get moon map on the list.

Top Bottom