R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

you can select AI and Humans players on the scenario setup screen.

Ah-hah! Thank you. Would it be considered unfair to play as both Britain and France, as to represent the coalition of working together?

Edit: It doesn't give me a load option anywhere in Custom>Hotseat? Where do I find it then?

the fall patch has broken the setup screen, but you can use the Custom Advanced Setup Screen mod to load the hotseat save until the new version of R.E.D. WWII is released.

I am playing the 1936 GEM as Japan. Too bad I cannot rename my units. The other thing I suggest is a Pacific campaign.

One question are the infantry units division size? I know the howitzers are battalion strength. Great mod in any case.

The Polish tanks are not really tanks. Just tractors with tracks and a turret.

They did use a contingent of FT-17s though. WWI tanks, but still used.

Hey Gedemon,
Great mod! Just one thing, are there by chance any videos/let's plays of the mod? I searched around on YouTube and only found one incomplete series and a few montages. Any way you could make one? I really need strategy help as I can't seem to get past Emperor as Germany. I would consider making a let's play but I want to be able to consistently win first.
Thanks,
Aventador

A couple of things to consider for the new version:

1. Altering the rules for Tundra:

There really needs to be a global rule that greatly reduces movements when traversing Tundra. I would suggest that it consume 3 or 4 full move points to move in Tundra, meaning that even with the Woodland bonus for Infantry, they may only move 1 tile. The tundra winter-equipment bonus for armor/mech inf would allow for mobilized units to move 2 tiles, instead of one. Obviously, rules for roads would still super-cede.

What needs to be altered:

Basically everything north of Trodhiem (Norway), Helsinki (Finland, and Leningrad, running along an east-west axis, should be Tundra as the tile-base. Most of it would in turn also be forest or hills, and the marshes could stay marshes.

Basic global rules: Tundra costs 3 movement points. At the moment, i don't think there is any change, but could it be as simple as modifying it the same way desert takes extra move points?

2. Supply routes TO Suez (from India/Australia)

UK - should get regular supplies of units, infantry, armor, and artillery regiments, one every 5-8 turns.

3. What's the deal with Iraq?

UK loses them as an ally, but Germany doesn't gain friend status, and both can just cross through their territory? The last game with Germany i played a southern strategy and tried to invade Russia from the South after heavily moving a ton of units to Africa to roll through - but i couldn't take any of Iraq and Iran was first an ally than it wasn't. I know this is traditional roles for them based on the calender, but at what point do things deviate from the plan?

4. A railway from Vienna to Greece. At the moment, there is barely a road and it runes through Albania. Should there not be railroads that go from Greece to Bulgaria as well? OR even through yugoslavia?

for using the "g_Reinforcement_OOB" function as it's used by deathgod in his 1936 altered map for 1940 -

What more is required? I think i have the brackets correct, and the rest of the mod is functioning. and i adjusted the x,y plot orientations, especially for aircraft, for the respective cities.

But it doesn't appear to be working. Does it have to be listed somewhere else to be 'initialized' or something?

Thanks

Hey Gedemon, I'm loving the mod so far but i'm having a bit of a problem with the US on the North America/Europe 1936 map. Whenever I research a new unit (like the B-17 or P-40) I complete the research but then when I go to see if they are there they do not show up. Also Is there a limit to certain Units because it stopped letting my make Iowa class Ships and M3 Stuarts.
Any help would be appreciated.
-Nila95

I've played the game a little more and I've researched and Unlocked both the P-38 and the M3 Grant. so it seems that its only the P-40 and the B-17 that are glitched so far.

i downloaded the files and the mod and then i got to where in the mod you choose a scenerio a click europe and clicked next then it froze there and the civs 5 arrow turned into a normal computer one and it wouldnt load, what do i do?

Hey Gedemon, I'm loving the mod so far but i'm having a bit of a problem with the US on the North America/Europe 1936 map. Whenever I research a new unit (like the B-17 or P-40) I complete the research but then when I go to see if they are there they do not show up. Also Is there a limit to certain Units because it stopped letting my make Iowa class Ships and M3 Stuarts.
Any help would be appreciated.
-Nila95

Indeed there is a limit for some units, and it's the case for both Iowa class and M3. If you lose an M3, you can produce another one to replace it, but this is not the case for the Iowa class (for historical accuracy).
I started testing a game with the US and I managed to research and then produce B-17 (on version 39), so I don't know where is the problem. Did you try to start another game to see ?

This is a great mod, but i think some key features are being left out. I haven't seen any updates lately and it kinda worries me that the only good WW2 mod in Civ 5 isnt being worked on.

Suggestion 1: Terrain Improvements

This should be a must, forming an infrastructure early on (If you chose 1936 scenarios) will benefit ALOT, and building more of an infrastructure adds on to your dominance in the war.

Suggestion 2: Strategic Bombing

This was in Civ 4, why not civ 5 (or at least in this mod)? If i know that i would not win the frontline war, but just enough to hold them off while i bomb strategic areas that could cripple their infrastructure then finally advance further into their homeland

I can still think of more suggestions but I think these suggestions are better than my other ones

Apologies if any of these have already been posted:

-Option to disable teams/permanent alliance: I'd like if it was possible for example to play as Italy and fight with the Allies rather than the Axis, or when playing as Greece to only be at war with Italy and not Germany/Romania/etc.
-Option to disable mandatory events (e.g. when playing as Germany you automatically declare war on Poland after 3 turns with no option to delay the declaration)
-Return of ability to save/load hotseat games (there are some alt-history games I'd like to be able to play, but they can only be set-up in hotseat mode which isn't really a feasible option if you can't save and load the games).

I agree there should be a version for every map that Does not have locked alliance or forced war.
and also all nations playable!...

it would be nice for freedom and new game play experiences

Can I suggest an end date for operations?

Playing as Britain in the 39 map with a new machine (so got past the Fall of France bug finally, yay!) I've reached 1942 and am beating of hordes off Germans doing Operation Sea Lion - however this has been going on for over a year and he's still spamming units and throwing them into the channel - the downside being repeated a regular crashes as units are embarking with no movement possible and no route back to land (so every single turn I have to use IGE to delete or to teleport the errant unit somewhere else but then next turn it's a different unit causing a problem). Simply put - too many units in too small an area.

It would be great if after the 50th division sunk in the channel the AI gave up on an operation - or even had, say 30 turns to do so before abandoning the operation?

Thoughts welcome.

Top Bottom