Does the AI spy in a city other than your capital?

Ajuga

Prince
I kind of noticed that every time a tech gets stolen from me, it's stolen from my capital.
Even when there are spies located in my capital.
Does the AI even bother going for other cities?

If not, there isn't really a point in building anti-spy buildings outside of your capital huh?
(Saw a guy actually build many constabularies and place all his spies in friendly cities in an Emperor match while all his techs where stolen from his capital.)

Yes, if they have no clue where your cap is and only your outlying cities/puppets. Also when they are going on the offense against said city...

Yes, if they have no clue where your cap is and only your outlying cities/puppets. Also when they are going on the offense against said city...

That's pretty cool! Never saw it happening, too bad.

Yes; I once had a tech stolen form a city that wasn't my capital.
(That city had an Observatory and so it was almost producing as much science as my capital.)

The main spy screen will tell you which city(ies) are the ones you need to defend.
If the capital is far above the others (the normal case), no need to defend anything other than the capital. But if another city is close, it also needs defended.

Yes. Playing as France yesterday the Hun's stole Archaeology from my city of Tours (which IIRC is the 4th city built as the French). It was my biggest city but didn't have the highest science potential. I had a counter-spy in Paris which may have had something to do with it.

I have had it happen when building police station in the capital, putting it at lower potential than other cities. They had my embassy so they must have known of the capital.

yes, i was playing as Korea and had it happen to Busan multiple times which is i think my second or third city.

Top Bottom