From Ancient to Info Era

SaveMeJeebus

Chieftain
Hey!

I just recently purchased Civilization V Gold Edition. I am wondering, if possible, how would i go about setting up the game so i could play from Ancient Era to Information Era?

That is the default setting if im not mistaken? Press "Set Up Game" and then Advanced Options and you should be able to set your starting era.

I know that you process through the eras, however, i was of the opinion that if i was to start from Ancient Era, i wouldn't make it to Information Era due to certain circumstances (takes a long time to get to, but come one of the later Era's, someone else might win). I.e A Civilization is more hostile than B. And so i would then pick specific Civilizations to play against.

The only two victories that can be completed before reaching the information era is domination and culture. The AI is terrible at culture games and as long as you don't lose your capital, the AI can't win by domination.

There's only four ways to not reach the Information Era:

1. Suffer a conquest loss to an AI. (To prevent this build a few units)

2. Win a domination victory before then. (To prevent this, allow the last AI to hold on to its starting capital until you're ready to win.)

3. Win a cultural victory before then. (To prevent this, you can delay building Utopia; but its fairly dangerous to on purpose milk this as the AI will build space ship parts.)

4. Abandon the game before then.

3. Win a cultural victory before then. (To prevent this, you can delay building Utopia; but its fairly dangerous to on purpose milk this as the AI will build space ship parts.)

You're usually safe if you build Utopia to one or two turns left then stop as long as you keep an eye on the progress of other victories.

You can always click "one more turn" if you win (or if the AI beats you) and continue playing as long as you like.

Top Bottom