Apep's Modular Modmods: AltAmurites

Do Amurites need new game mechanics, which promote builder-styled gameplay?

• No way! They are ideally siuted for warmongers (well, defensive ones)

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Yeah! That would be a change to see my mages actually lock up in their towers instead

Votes: 41 69.5%
  • Huh? I dunno...

Votes: 11 18.6%

• Total voters
This is a silly question, but are all your mods compatible?
Yes, definitely, all my mods are compatible. More than that - my mods use modular XML loading method, so - theoretically - they should be compatible with any other FfH2 modmod. Of course, there are limitations, for example: AltAmurites will not work well with other mods that change Amurite civ. Other than that - you should have no problems running my mods combined with any other modmod.

Hi and thx for this piece of Amurites Love!
For as much as I consider your mod interesting on paper it appears I'm not able to install/use it correctly...

I just unzipped in my BTS/FFH folder and changed the .ini file for modular loading... Still when starting a new game your new units won't appear in the Civilopedia or Worldbuilder...

Any Advice? I know it's probably my fault...

Edit: Only thing out of my mind would be the only other ModMod I'm using: Flavour Mod, are those two incompatible?!?

2nd Edit: Nevermind, I solved it... I found another post by Xienwolf wich mentions the "Modules" folder must be placed under "Assets"... Well, at least I'm a little less noobish now...

Any Advice? I know it's probably my fault...

2nd Edit: Nevermind, I solved it... I found another post by Xienwolf wich mentions the "Modules" folder must be placed under "Assets"... Well, at least I'm a little less noobish now...

Don't worry. It was actually my fault:( - I did not explain everyting right. All my mods must be placed in Modules folder, located in Assets, which is in your main Fall from Heaven folder. If they do not extract to fit that destination, you must move them manually.

FF friendly? Hmm... I would need to make SEPARATE versions of my mods, actually. It is a plan, but not really for near future.

you could make it so that you can have 8 warlocks (twice as many archmages as the other civs)

Re: Battlemages, why not boost total strength by giving them a variety of magical damage types - fire, obviously, but a few others as well. That could make them vageuly interesting in that they'd be effective in general, but weakened to some extent by enemies with resistances. They could have their own magical weapons promos in they style of bronze/iron/mithril, only adding elemental damage rather than base strength. Just a thought.

As a variation on this idea, you could create a sort of modular promotion line like FfH ships have. So they can chose between fire, death, ice, (unholy, poison, and holy?),and lightning. Perhaps they can also have other effects to help mix it up abit.

Mark of Fire:
+2 fire attack strength, abit of collateral damage

Mark of Air:
+1 lightning strength, +1 movement point

Mark of Ice:
+2 cold defense strength, a fortification bonus

Mark of Death:
+3 death attack strength, -1 defense strength.

Tweaking is in order of course...

Most ofthe changes you propose are late game ones and therefore not very useful to Amurites who are weak early on but can later have Govannon and Firebows.
The Walls replacement needing Alteration sounds very bad to me.
The Pagan Temple replacement is overpowered.

I'd suggest giving nature magic to the recon line. Nature 1 for hunters, and Nature II (and I) for rangers

Champions with Enchantment I would be nice too.
And longbowmen with Enchantment II

Top Bottom