[AUDIO] Original Colonization Music Pack (MP3)

archeide

Chieftain
This packs contains MP3s songs created from the original Colonization MIDIs, but with a much more realist sound than the one you heard with the SoundBlaster/adlib FM soundcards from the 90s!
The software synthetiser used is midig 2.05a with various high quality instrument soundfonts.

You can use the batch files to copy the files directly to your customassets directory. They only work for Vista and english XP (other language may have another "My documents" directory).

The default batch file add the MP3 to the current soundtrack.
The "classiconly" batch file only keep the old music.

Some assets files were modified from "Civ 4: Colonization Classic Music" by Common Sensei (which uses the Colonization CD songs instead of MIDIs)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10777&act=down

Simply perfect.

Now if I could have a button that let me cycle the soundtrack. Currently I did this manually by going to
option -> music -> click custom folder twice

This stop the current music track

The music's great, and I love the snazzy new versions of the old songs.

One thing I have noticed, though, is that it seemed to play through all the songs and then stop. I don't know why that would be.

EDIT: Hasn't happened again, though, so it might have been a bug on my side.

Will this play the independence tunes during the revolution?

Will this play the independence tunes during the revolution?
Yes it is supposed to be (not tested yet, never went independent yet :blush:).

The ClassicalOnly mode only plays the Col1's Independence*.mp3 music and the standard version plays the independence song from Col2 + Col1's Independence*.mp3.

Thank you very much for doing this. I was going to ask if anybody with musical ability had done it yet (since I lack any), but apparently other folks were on top of it before I even installed the game. Vive la Revolution!

is there anyway to add these songs and some of the ones from civ4 col and have like a mix and match playing list ?

is there anyway to add these songs and some of the ones from civ4 col and have like a mix and match playing list ?

That's what it is supposed to do when you install them using the batch install_vista.bat or install_xp.bat. It keeps the Civ4 col song and adds 12 songs : Bird song, Bonny morn, Fisher's dance, ..., Military 1->4. During independence, it uses only Civ4 col independence song and Col1 independence songs

Hum, I've really been looking for this, but in my opinion these conversions are actually a bit TOO 'snazzy'.. I liked the soundblaster sound, that's what gives me that good old feeling ;)

Archeide thank you very much.

I am new here and a fanatic of the original Col so this will bring me some nostalgia.

I am curious: Did you control the soundfonts or is this automatic generation of the mp3s?

BTW: for mere authenticity, when the game starts with the ship .. the first track should be Fisher's hornpipe.. so if you have control over that you may as well adjust it in your mod

Of course: Just for authenticity (I told you I am a fanatic :D and a fanatic would never miss such an important detail ;))

Archeide thank you very much.

I am new here and a fanatic of the original Col so this will bring me some nostalgia.

I am curious: Did you control the soundfonts or is this automatic generation of the mp3s?

I used midig, a very good software synthetiser, which contained already a lot of soundfonts of good quality. But i needed to change several soundfonts for the most important instruments like the fiddle (i used 3 differents soundfonts, one for each song), the dulcimer (the instrument of Cornwall, also used in Fisher's hornpipe), accordeon in Fisher's hornpipe, the indian flute for Indian song, vilolin for Bonny morn and Fontain of Youth, celtic harp, etc.

BTW: for mere authenticity, when the game starts with the ship .. the first track should be Fisher's hornpipe.. so if you have control over that you may as well adjust it in your mod

Of course: Just for authenticity (I told you I am a fanatic :D and a fanatic would never miss such an important detail ;))

If I remember well, the Fisher's hornpipe was played during the map generation (with the Europe screen), and when the ship appeared on the map, the first song to play was Jine The Cavalry ;)

I searched, and it seems that it is not possible to change the first song to play during game anyway ...

I used midig, a very good software synthetiser, which contained already a lot of soundfonts of good quality. But i needed to change several soundfonts for the most important instruments like the fiddle (i used 3 differents soundfonts, one for each song), the dulcimer (the instrument of Cornwall, also used in Fisher's hornpipe), accordeon in Fisher's hornpipe, the indian flute for Indian song, vilolin for Bonny morn and Fontain of Youth, celtic harp, etc.

If I remember well, the Fisher's hornpipe was played during the map generation (with the Europe screen), and when the ship appeared on the map, the first song to play was Jine The Cavalry ;)

I searched, and it seems that it is not possible to change the first song to play during game anyway ...

Oh yes .. how could I forget the Europe screen in the beginning :D

BTW: I guess it just plays in alphabetical order .. so if you want to fix Jine the cavalry in the beginning you can always rename it to _JinetheCavalry for authenticity ;)

The tracks played off the CD aren't random in Col for Win so does anyone know what order to put these MP3's in? I have the readme file that lists the 26 tracks in order but the names don't all match. The Independence tunes 1-6 are the mystery, I managed to ID the 4 military tunes and I know the FOY music is named Misty Moisty Morning.
Oh and 26 tracks on the CD and there are 28 MP3's? Which 2 MP3's are extras?

OOh I just found this, thanks you very much! Some good sounding songs in here, great for civ, nice work.:goodjob:

BTW. Know where I can get music from Civ2:Test Of Time?

Agin thanks.:goodjob:

Does anyone know if there are original - instrumental - versions of these songs?

Do they have their origin in some real instrumental versions or are they just completely made up for Colonization by the game designers?

Would be really interested in that...

Thanks for your answers!!

Top Bottom