THE Noble's Club Bullpen, MK II

@cas: Will you be doing the next map for around Jan 15? I'm planning Qin for the 29th and Peter for sometime later, though wouldn't mind abandoning Peter if someone else wants him.

There isn't a big rush on deciding about the 15th, but I'd like to know by Monday since I'm starting an astrophysics class and might need much of the week to fit in time (and limited brainpower) to create a map for some other leader -- maybe Justinian, since Hippodrome looks interesting (I never tried J. before). Or Darius -- apothecary/grocer looks interesting with a FIN leader.

yes, I'll create a Lincoln map with medium_small around my original idea of starting in the island chain in the middle of two continents, but not a isolated OCC.

cas

Since it seems in the past we have done leaders that focus on big empires (Genghis, Julius, Victoria, Mehmed, Asoka), I think we shout do a more quality over quantity type leader. Peter is a great choice but he has already been reserved.

I nominate Bismarck! He has very strong cities, the ability to mass produce units, and a late game unit that spells Game Over sucks. Plus, he has a pickelhaube, ja! If possible, I'd like to give a shot at hosting him (or someone else) some time. I may be a complete noob, but I've seen how to make a scenario and it seems quite easy. Though if anyone else would rather, that's fine as I am completely inexperienced.

Darius is great for maintaining a massive empire and having an overflowing economy- Fin/Org cancels just about every cost. Justinian seems decent.

Game over? The Panzer is generally regarded as one of the worst UUs in the game. You tell me how +50 % vs. armoured units is game over. Just try.
Really?

Oh. Ok then. I did put a noob disclaimer in that post. I'll just take your word for it. Though, it is good against other tanks! :lol:

The above post has been edited.

I still like Bismarck!

:deadhorse: Fail...

Well, it's still good against other tanks.... which won't really be defending cities :lol: I guess opposing tanks can't screw them over then...? I would love to see Darius, my fav. leader! Immortals IMO are in the top 3 UUs in the game and Darius has some powerhouse traits.

Still, if you meet any significant resistance, or if there is a counterattack, they help..

Darius is great, like I said Fin/Org makes him perhaps the best economic leader in the game, and great at holding large empires too. Since I'm a rush fan, I love the UU too. It's just the last few leaders have been somewhat focused on large empires and I'd love to try someone who is more about a few valuable cities, like Bismarck or Peter. Though I'd be totally fine with him.

Another one of those pesky series is doing Peter right now though. We'll have to either wait or eliminate them (and any witnesses) quietly..........:espionage::lol:

I'm not sure why you have to wait on Peter given the very unique nature of the OCC. I'm all for it - only having done an OCC in a xotm a while ago.

I'll be posting the Lincoln game later today/tonight. I have a couple of final small tweaks to make on the map and then edit the wb files.

cas

I'd like to reserve Darius...will probably do a Great Plains map. I don't think there have been many of that map type in NC and I need to make a warmonger game. My first three have been more builder-friendly.

If someone else wants to host Darius in the near future, speak up.

cas

May I also reserve the hosting of a Noble Club game? :D

I have decided at one point to try randomness in order to get better, so I went for a shuffle map, random leader and civ. Took prince and marathon as diff and speed and what I got was Zara, terrible unique building considering what I think is the strength of his strengths, but good enough unique unit. He has traits which I think are great for expansion, and the map I rolled offered great expansion chances to the human player, but at obvious expense. (I did have 20% of the world land mass near the end of the BCEs, with second place having 10% :)) It might be very easy to have this, but for people trying to master noble, I don't think it's that much of an issue and also, I might have been lucky with strange exp choices made by the AIs.

Anyway, Zara has been in the club before, but I'd like to host a game with that map. :D
If any of the usual hosts of the NC games wishes, I could send them a WB save of the start and decide if it's too easy, or if it's good as it is. But they'd have to change the difficulty and speed if they wish, and I don't know how to do that.

@cas: Feel free to claim Darius. My one caveat about a Great Plains map is the same as my Boudica Highlands map: the AI might have so much space to expand into that at the higher difficulties one or more of them might be unstoppable. You might want to think about adding an opponent or two.

@CivilizedTiger: We've repeated before -- Elizabeth and Charlemagne at least -- so that's not a problem. I doubt I'd be good at judging map difficulty, but I could do the WB save edits. Make sure to create a Noble-level game; those are the easiest to adjust.

My problem with the Great Plains map is that its the MOST UNBALANCED MAP IN THE GAME. Seriously, you can start with 11 (!!) major food resources (I did once... great game), or NO RESOURCES AT ALL. (reeestart!)

My problem with the Great Plains map is that its the MOST UNBALANCED MAP IN THE GAME. Seriously, you can start with 11 (!!) major food resources (I did once... great game), or NO RESOURCES AT ALL. (reeestart!)

Balancing the start position is probably the easiest piece of hosting.

@ dalamb...I'm aware of the excess land issue, but I don't have much pity on imm/deity players. I'm more concerned about making the map balanced for noble/prince and possible for monarch/emp.

cas

Top Bottom