Dublin gifted me some Jaguars...I'm England

KBronx17

Chieftain
I'm sure all of you are familiar with the Aztec UU, the Jaguar. Well, something very odd happened in my recent playthrough.

I'm playing as Elizabeth on an islands map with 5 other civs and 12 CS's. I meet Dublin and make them my ally about 60 turns into the game.

Around 100 turns in, Dublin has given me a new unit. But...sure enough..it's the Aztec Jaguar. It even says "English Jaguar" when you mouse over the guys. I'll post a screenshot if I get around to it.

Just wondering...has anyone else been gifted a UU by a militaristic CS that had no relation to the Civ they were playing? I'm thinking this was just a funny glitch

A novelty of G&K. Every militaristic CS knows a secret of an UU of a civ which is not in the game and they'll start giving those as soon as the player has the required tech. I prefer the current system to the old one.

G

A novelty of G&K. Every militaristic CS knows a secret of an UU of a civ which is not in the game and they'll start giving those as soon as the player has the required tech. I prefer the current system to the old one.

G

Uhh, but the OP was not talking about G&K. He said that Dublin (a city state) gifted a Jaguar to the player (as England). In G&K, Dublin is not a city state, but the Celts' second city!

Uhh, but the OP was not talking about G&K. He said that Dublin (a city state) gifted a Jaguar to the player (as England). In G&K, Dublin is not a city state, but the Celts' second city!

Good point - my response was on the short side of the matter, sorry about that. In vanilla the odd UU gifts were random & rare but it happened occasionally while G&K made it common practice with easily available information for a slight addition to strategical aspect of the game.
Hardly anything that swaps the balance on any single war but something to spice up the choices of when & whom to ally with.

G

I'm not playing GnK yet, but getting a Khan as Askia in the early Medieval was pretty sweet!

England with a Minuteman also a delight ;)

Top Bottom