Brave New World announced!

Awesome!!! Extremely excited.

From what I understand they will increase the interaction you have with other civs (apart from the axe-to-head interaction :)). This is something imo was missing from civ5.

Perhaps Belgium as a dark horse? You know, Belgian Kongo, and all that...

Belgium is another possible civ and will definitely be in Scramble for Africa( even if it's just a recoloured/renamed Netherlands).

Makes me believe we'll get an entire bomb European civs again( Poland, Portugal, Belgium and Italy). Seeing as we got an unexpected Sweden last time, I wouldn't be surprised by their civ choices this time around.

I am a little concerned that Poland is in... assuming Portugal makes it as well, that's already 2 out of 9 for Europe. Hopefully there isn't a third, because I was hoping for a little more variety than G&K provided (what with the Celts, Austria, Sweden, Huns, Netherlands, and [sorta] Byzantines).

i hope one of the major works is 'civilization v'. i would chuckle

The bah humbug in me says this is going back to the micromanagement nightmare the designers tried so hard to take out.

-Order and autocracy seem too similar to me.
-The new culture victory sounds awesome. I love the changes to it.
-Barbarians attacking caravans could be annoying, as the game currently encourages not settling too many cities. There will be way too many dark areas of the map for them to spawn. I'm hoping they change some stuff to encourage players to settle and actually grow more cities.
-International trade routes sound amazing otherwise though. Internal trade routes to help new cities with food and production is pretty cool, too.
-I hope they take a look at the UA/UU/UB of some of the current civs *cough*America*cough*. If I'm right, most of the new civs will not be modern civs. The game already has enough European civs. Considering the focus of the expansion is the modern era, it would be strange to have ancient civs with modern related bonuses.

Belgium is another possible civ and will definitely be in Scramble for Africa( even if it's just a recoloured/renamed Netherlands).

Makes me believe we'll get an entire bomb European civs again( Poland, Portugal, Belgium and Italy). Seeing as we got an unexpected Sweden last time, I wouldn't be surprised by their civ choices this time around.

Hopefully belgium is in it a country where verry important batttles are fought battle of waterloo , germans going through the forest ( ardenen ofensief )offensive world war 2

Prehaps a unique ability with open borders would fit them

Alright, new prediction of civs based on what we know now.

Poland
Assyria
Portugal
Belgium
Kongo
Zulu
Brazil
Sioux
Majapahit

The Netherlands have a colonial history in Africa all of their own.

The Netherlands have a colonial history in Africa all of their own.

That depends on when the scenario starts. I don't recall the Dutch having any colonies in Africa after they lost South Africa to the British.
But your post made me remember another civ in Africa: The Boers.
If they're in the scenario, then they'll be the renamed Dutch civ. This raises the chances of a Belgian civ a bit more.

Polynesia is going to be boss in BNW. I don't think they will be able to do trade routes earlier because caravans (probably classical era) and trade ships (probably Medieval/Renaissance) sound mutually exclusive (one by land only and one by sea only), but they will be able to get the World Congress in going early because it starts when some one meets all the civs in the game.

Holy freaking crap, I am loving the sound of all this. I have been a staunch critic of Civ V, but all these new changes address the weakest parts of the game, basically, the non warmonger parts:

- The diplomacy ought to be modified, and I am glad that they did because it was one of the least interesting victories ever, consisting in just handing massive handouts for everyone. The only thing that I fear is that it comes into play too early in the game (come on, one discovers every civ around the late renaissance..)

- The International trade routes seems that it will be quite realistic and a blast to play, but I hope that they limit their number somehow or you are going to end with a game end map overcrowded with caravans running along the map, me thinks.

- Now, the whole culture revamp seems to me like one of the most interesting and necessary changes, period, I am just floored to see that they even took into account several of my ideas posted on these very forums. Making culture some intangible force able to influence and shape civilizations far away from yours and a game of give (export culture) and take (tourism) is the way to go, no the whole "put tokens into isolationist bucket" approach of nowadays. The fact that I will be able to create my very own tourist attractions and historical sites will be the cherry on top, giving TONS of flavour to my wondrous megalopolis, bravo Firaxis! :goodjob:

God I have never been as excited for an expansion since... Beyond the Sword. Somebody hold me! :D

Ikael: Join the club. Being a player that love non-warmongering games, this is just awesome! :)

I can confirm that the Assyrians are going to be in this. Let's take a close look at this screenshot.

Notice anything?

Look closer.

Notice the shape of his helmet, and notice his beard. These are very mesopotamian features, so that narrows it down to Sumer, Akkad, the Assyrians, the Elamites, or the Mitanni. The fact that it's a siege tower makes me 99.9% lean towards the Assyrians, though.

... but I hope that they limit their number somehow or you are going to end with a game end map overcrowded with caravans running along the map, me thinks...

I did read somewhere, that you will have 8 or 9 trade routes running at the end. So yes, there seem to be limitations. Fortunately! :)

What I did not read so far, is a word regarding new units aside from UUs and those somehow automized "trade units". So there might be no scout upgrade in BNW...

Having to protect your trade routes and economic blockades will be awesome. Wars will have more impact to the economy!

I like that you have to protect trade routes. Surely I'm not the only one that has a bunch of military units, in times of peace, standing around within my borders with nothing to do?

Top Bottom