Brave New World announced!

Oh, it's going to be Assyria alright:

Assyrian art preserved to the present day predominantly dates to the Neo-Assyrian period. Art depicting battle scenes, and occasionally the impaling of whole villages in gory detail, was intended to show the power of the emperor, and was generally made for propaganda purposes. These stone reliefs lined the walls in the royal palaces where foreigners were received by the king.
From Wikipedia.

Assyrian Unique Building..? ;)

Phoenicia is unlikely. Carthage already has "Phoenician Heritage", doesn't it?

We have had the Holy Roman Empire and Germany in the past. It is the same country with different names like Russia and the Soviet Union or England and the United Kingdom.

We have had the Holy Roman Empire and Germany in the past. It is the same country with different names like Russia and the Soviet Union or England and the United Kingdom.

Phoenicia is certainly not Carthage or vice versa. Carthage was a Phoenician-founded city-state that grew into an empire. The Phoenicians were a maritime trading people who founded cities. They didn't really have an empire.

Wow. This is what I get for sleeping late today. A comment on page 7, Still, can't wait!

It's definitely Assyria. Look at the screen shot and notice the siege tower icon.

Then look at this Assyrian depiction:

Polynesia is going to be boss in BNW. I don't think they will be able to do trade routes earlier because caravans (probably classical era) and trade ships (probably Medieval/Renaissance) sound mutually exclusive (one by land only and one by sea only), but they will be able to get the World Congress in going early because it starts when some one meets all the civs in the game.
I have a feeling one of the articles mentioned something else as a prerequisite, so presumably it isn't a case of it starting immediately when someone has met everyone.

Dammit!!! The day I give up caring they go and announce it!

I saw this post at 2K, and I can't help but share it. I need a laugh at 3AM

Imalich said:
Today marks a new starting point for the Civilization series!
Now, without the Poland discussion everywhere, what new ideas may emerge?? Think of the possibilities!

Menzies: Look at it this way, if it wasn't for you, they would probably have announced this one week later. You've been dogging them with your predictions. :)

Menzies: Look at it this way, if it wasn't for you, they would probably have announced this one week later. You've been dogging them with your predictions. :)

I'd been checking the 2K blog at 8am (according to their blog) for days hoping to see it as it came up... I stopped today as I figured that they were just going to announce it at PAX... Not really sure why I care though! It's finally been announced!!!

Great birthday present to me. :) Now time to order my other present a new 27 inch screen as my birthday present.

Glad to see the next expansion announced (although by next week I'm sure I'll be beyond tired of hearing speculation about the rest of the civs that will be in the game). The one thing I hope to hear about? AI improvements. I don't expect the AI to be perfect, but it would be nice if they didn't cheat so much at the highest difficulty levels. I can imagine that having them actively manage their culture and trade routes won't be easy, so who knows if my hopes for a better AI will be fulfilled.
Oh, and more espionage stuff would be nice...

Top Bottom