New Natural Wonders?

I don't like fictional ones much, either, but the Bermuda Triangle is just too awesome to pass up.

Well, the Africa scenario will likely have a good seven or eight, if they want to "fill it."

True, but they won't all necessarily be new. A good deal in the scenario will probably just be re-named existing natural wonders like they've done in the past for other scenarios. The reverse of that is that maybe 8 new will be added to the expansion, but all don't have to be African wonders as the new ones can also be re-named as well just for the scenario.

I vote for Great Blue Hole. At least it's easy to implement.

they could also have national parks... including natural wonders

Black Canyon of the Gunnison..used to be a big tourist attraction with a train that went along its route, but became converted to use as part of the Curacanti Reservoir... still an interesting place to check out...
Bryce Canyon
Redwood Trees...

Actually, it would be pretty cool if they added more variety to some of the terrain to represent the various deserts, etc..

PostConsumerWat said:
... national parks ...
Wow... A lamp just went on in my head! :D How about a new mechanic where you can designate untouched areas as national parks? Perhaps 3 per empire or depending on the number of cities... Their size could vary according to technology, or there could be a maintenance cost in gpt. The big idea ofc is that a national park would add greatly to tourism! You'd finally have a good reason to settle the barren tundra and desert (excluding Petra). Natural Wonders and forests could give extra tourism in NPs... Maybe the less untouched forest is left in the world, the more the preserved forests are worth? The possibilities are almost limitless... I do hope someone mods this if it's not in the default game.

Edit: Ofc you couldn't work the tiles that are designated as NP... You'd trade the tile yields for tourism points, basically. Whether that's worth it could depend on a number of factors - whether you choose to pursue a cultural victory, the level of technology (more tourism in the modern age), how good the terrain or how badly you need the pop/production/gold, etc. Generally speaking it wouldn't be worth it to make NPs in fertile, prime grassland areas, although exceptions could occur (mostly due to NWs).

Agree on more natural wonders. All of the suggestions in here sound really good

More wonders are nice, so yes, please. However, I do hope that as they keep adding more they at least at some point consider downgrading the bonuses and happiness. Otherwise it's just Monty Halling it up...

Actually, now that I thought about it, maybe they could divide the wonders into two categories: major and minor. Major wonders would be those globally recognized awe inspiring things with appropriate bonuses and effect while minor ones would correspond to the smaller more locally ones with nice-but-not-great bonuses. That way you could have more variation and lots of things to explore without it getting ridiculous in the total bonus amounts.

The Eye of Africa looks really cool.

The Great Barrier Reef is a 2 tile long wonder. I wonder if we could see some multi tile nat wonders this go around too, say the Great Rift Valley/Nile/Aurora?

I think the Great Rift Valley would be AWESOME. I mean,the rifts in Africa are, like, scary cool.

Wow... A lamp just went on in my head! :D How about a new mechanic where you can designate untouched areas as national parks? Perhaps 3 per empire or depending on the number of cities... Their size could vary according to technology, or there could be a maintenance cost in gpt. The big idea ofc is that a national park would add greatly to tourism! You'd finally have a good reason to settle the barren tundra and desert (excluding Petra). Natural Wonders and forests could give extra tourism in NPs... Maybe the less untouched forest is left in the world, the more the preserved forests are worth? The possibilities are almost limitless... I do hope someone mods this if it's not in the default game.

Edit: Ofc you couldn't work the tiles that are designated as NP... You'd trade the tile yields for tourism points, basically. Whether that's worth it could depend on a number of factors - whether you choose to pursue a cultural victory, the level of technology (more tourism in the modern age), how good the terrain or how badly you need the pop/production/gold, etc. Generally speaking it wouldn't be worth it to make NPs in fertile, prime grassland areas, although exceptions could occur (mostly due to NWs).

I can't remember which version of CIV had this, but there was actually a National Park national wonder you could build which would grant a bonus for every untouched forest tile.

I just hope they bring in a lot of new natural wonders, you really can't have too many...

Maybe the Grand Cannyon isnt in the game already for the same reason Everest isnt. It must be multi tile as well.

Hopefully they'll add both for BNW

Top Bottom