Caveman 2 Cosmos

There is a problem with the Actual value reported as it seems to be for a generic city not the city in question. I found this out when I introduced the Demand buildings. The AI would know the added benefit of building them but the player would have no idea of the demand as the problems with not having the building were not being shown in the actual value. I suspect it is a caching issue to do with turn speed.

There is a problem with the Actual value reported as it seems to be for a generic city not the city in question. I found this out when I introduced the Demand buildings. The AI would know the added benefit of building them but the player would have no idea of the demand as the problems with not having the building were not being shown in the actual value. I suspect it is a caching issue to do with turn speed.
:think::run::hammer2:
I REALLY hate 'actual' value calculation coding... really really really hate working on that stuff. Maybe down the road it won't seem so boggling.

@fox456,

There are actually 2 Ren Era buildings that have a -2 Culture attached to them. It does shy the player away from using them right away. I keep forgetting to look at them to see why.

JosEPh

Do you happen to know the other such building aside from the Lacquerware Workshop?

Update: 2nd cumulative Crime Patch for v36 users now available. Same place as before (see link in above post).

JosEPh

my updated GEM map is up at last! probably will need some adjustments but its pretty good. and man that as a ton of data but i learned a lot. and i have to say on the other gem map you were kind of missing the forest for the trees when it came to resources and terrain. focusing to much on specifics and missing the fundamental problems. the map is completely reworked in almost every way.but I'm happy do be finally finished! :)

Well done Red! Ever consider taking a deeper role on the team?

like what? i have some free time with exams being almost over. just math left tomorrow. history major if your interested. I'm going into archaeology after i transfer in the fall to GVSU to get my bachelors in anthropology.

here's a screenshot using Toffers excellent graphics pack BTW. their are more posted in the map thread. might what to adjust the graphics for floodplains Toffer they dont connect well.
Spoiler :

If you are still having issues with ram spam, you could always just put a national limit on how many can actually be built.

It isn't the optimal solution...but if the AI is literally forbidden from making any more than that, it will be forced to produce other units. That way in the meantime, an actual solution may be found.

also harrier do you have that adjusted spawning locations thing? can i include it in my map somehow?

Sorry not yet. RL has got in the way. Also I have recently spent time getting an old SVN WB to work the way it used too, with the new graphics. Apart from that just browsing at the moment.

As for spawning, last looked at about 6 weeks or so ago.

Some animals are not spawning or only 2 or 3 over a few hundred turns. So I need to check my area changes and spawn rates. and bonus's, features etc. needed to trigger a spawn.

I may be wrong, but I would like at least a minimum of 5 of a type to spawn before it's area is taken over by culture.

Also my first version/attempt is for Sem+, Antartica is set at 70, not 90. So you need to wait till I get round to my Lem map, which is set to 90. :)

like what? i have some free time with exams being almost over. just math left tomorrow. history major if your interested. I'm going into archaeology after i transfer in the fall to GVSU to get my bachelors in anthropology.
Well... not sure really. But if you want some direction, I'm sure I could find a few projects for ya.

As an example, I have a number of law/crime buildings I need to add soon and that may take some analysis of how to best assign some xml values to them.

(not actually 'crimes' as in the auto-built crimes from property values - although there's some fairly basic stuff along those lines I'm considering as well though they wouldn't be actual representations of crimes taking place)

Also:
@Sparth:
I will be adding some new technologies (very) soon. Where are we at with graphic requirements for that? Anything new at this stage or not?

Great job everyone for which I have grown to experience in C2C.

2 Issues I'm having

1. Does anyone have an issue where the UI just isn't showing up? Like I can see the game but I don't have any sort of technology bar, unit information showing, I can't see the mini map, or any of the buttons at the top (changing government...etc.). Sorry I can't think of a better name for this other that the UI... :sad:

2. I tried to redownload this on MODDB and it says there aren't any mirrors available? :confused:

Great job everyone for which I have grown to experience in C2C.

2 Issues I'm having

1. Does anyone have an issue where the UI just isn't showing up? Like I can see the game but I don't have any sort of technology bar, unit information showing, I can't see the mini map, or any of the buttons at the top (changing government...etc.). Sorry I can't think of a better name for this other that the UI... :sad:

2. I tried to redownload this on MODDB and it says there aren't any mirrors available? :confused:

MODDB is back up!

Added a screenshot of this problem. On Windows 10

http://imgur.com/Sgx4oYy

Maybe instead MODDB try to use SVN version of the mod?
Here is instruction how to do this

As for lack of interface try this:
- remove your Caveman2Cosmos from BTS mod directory
- after SVN update copy mod to directory Caveman2Cosmos to BTS mod folder.

After this write here full path to yours c2c Assets directory and we check if everything is ok.

This usually indicates some of the python code has been changed. When you instal make sure it is not over an existing copy of Caveman2Cosmos but is clean.

Top Bottom