Units : Western#1 - Animation for Bandit

Dark Sheer

Deity
Here is the first Western Theme animation file for Bandit. Its modified from the Calvary (as can be seen in the Civilopedia icon ;) ). As usual, you need to use either the hacked Civ3Edit or Gramphos' Civ3CopyTool to create a new unit call Bandit. If you uses the hacked Civ3Edit then do remember to create a folder under Civilization III\Art\units named Bandit (Civ3CopyTool will automatically create the folder for you).

Just unzip the file and copy everything except the two pcx files to this new directory. The two pcx files are Civilopedia icons and they should go to Civilization III\Art\Civilopedia\Icons\units.

No file is being replaced here so you should be safe to install this new unit even if this is your first time ;)

The files in the zip are as follow:

BanditDefault.flc
BanditRun.flc
BanditFidget.flc
BanditFortify.flc
BanditAttackA.flc
BanditDeath.flc
BanditVictory.flc
Bandit.INI
Banditlarge.pcx
Banditsmall.pcx

Again, please give some feedback on this animation, be it good or bad :D

Attachments

• bandit_1.zip
    476.1 KB · Views: 1,844
Here is a sequence of animation which consist of all the animations in one single directon - SW. ;)

Attachments

• bandit.gif
    bandit.gif
    148.1 KB · Views: 5,267
Excellent!

And I DO appreciate the Sheer determination (quick pun) that it takes to make one of these animations. It's currently taking me two hours PER FRAME!

Originally posted by Shaitan
That's gorgeous!

Dark Sheer, may I include this with my British Isles mod? This is perfect for a Norman Chevalier.

Of course! Please feel free to do so. ;)

One thing I don't understand about these download things, how come there are so many people downloading the first zip but not the second one? :confused:

Originally posted by Dark Sheer
Of course! Please feel free to do so. ;)
Thanks!

One thing I don't understand about these download things, how come there are so many people downloading the first zip but not the second one? :confused:
That's a question we may never have an answer for. One thing I've found that helps is to name them like this:
File1of3.zip
File2of3.zip
File3of3.zip

Even then, there's always more downloads of the first file. :confused:

Once again You did it Dark Sheer! Was just wondering if you had any other units your working on, if so what are they? Your work is great and greatly appreciated!

Thanks Again!

Originally posted by GenPatton
Once again You did it Dark Sheer! Was just wondering if you had any other units your working on, if so what are they? Your work is great and greatly appreciated!

Thanks Again!

I am glad you guys like the units. :D

Actually at the moment I have lots of ideas on what I want to do next, the only trouble is time! ;) And since there is no real request at the moment I will just see what strikes me and I will start on it. At the moment there is a small request to do an animation for Link from Zelda. I will most likely start to do it next week (going for a fishing trip this weekend :) ). I am currently making some travel arrangement as I am going to Beijing for about 1.5 months in another 11 days time so time is really an issue. But once I am in Beijing I will have lots of time to do the animations as I doubt that I will go anywhere after work due to the cold weather there now (still winter so I will most likely be freezing my **** off :lol: ).

Actually at the moment I have lots of ideas on what I want to do next, the only trouble is time! ;) And since there is no real request at the moment I will just see what strikes me and I will start on it.

I've got a load of requests for you! :D

So many, in fact, that I've been scared to even ask. :cringe:

I need a load (14) of units for my British Isles mod. (Was 15 until you posted the Bandit.) Most are conversions of existing units. For example:

Seaxman - Swordsman with round shield.
Axeman - swordsman with axe.
Viking - warrior with horned helmet and round shield.

...and then a bunch more.

Interested? :groucho:

Wow, easy, easy. :D

Actaully some of these units has already been worked on by Kryten I believe. I will see what I can do on them as well. ;)

In fact, the Viking swordsman has already been done by Haverlock. You can get the unit at the following link:

http://members.surfeu.fi/haverlock/Graphics.htm

Actaully some of these units has already been worked on by Kryten I believe. I will see what I can do on them as well. ;)

In fact, the Viking swordsman has already been done by Haverlock. You can get the unit at the following link:

Heh I have been to alot of your units posts Dark Sheer and I asked before if it could get any better? And I guess you answered my question heh :crazyeyes These Mid Age units are great. Keep up the good work! Maybe even try and take some old Civ2 units into this?

Thanks for the link. That Viking will work perfectly :)

In the interest of not highjacking your thread any further, I'll PM my wish list to you.

Thanks Dark Sheer!

This looks more like the Cavalry to me. I love it! This way the current cavalry can be the Dragoons of old and this slips in to fill the gap. I was going to add this to my list of units that need to be in the game but then I saw you had already beaten me to it.

Here's the thread if anybody wants to add some ideas.
Units I would like to see In the Game with helpful graphics ideas (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=15783)

i have loads of ideas:

Zeppelins
Bi-Planes
Trebuchets
Mounted Archers
Maybe a Mech

ok maybe not loads of ideas, please do zeppelins

Originally posted by Dragon Warrior
:confused: whats a good program to use to make new unit pics in civ3 :confused:

Flicster (free utility available at the utilities section of the forum), PaintShopPro (or any program that can edit a pcx file) and Animation Shop (Optional, not really necessary).

:king:

I'd be interested to see an ironclad like those the Confederates made in the Civil War, like the CSS Virginia, aka Merrimac.

Also, perhaps WWI era tanks, like the British Mark IV or the German A7V, or even a French Renault, those're all monster behemoths. I think there's great 3d models on this page:

http://www.tankclub.agava.ru/

I may try to start the A7V one of these days but I wouldn't count on it (shudder, classes) but I'd love to see someone give any of these a shot

Top Bottom