Download BUG and BAT Here!

I didn't quite understand the OP. Does BAT give me BUG as well? Or do I need to download both?

Also, which would you all recommend? To me, it looked like I'm being encouraged to download BAT.

I didn't quite understand the OP. Does BAT give me BUG as well? Or do I need to download both?

Also, which would you all recommend? To me, it looked like I'm being encouraged to download BAT.
BAT includes BUG and a special version of BULL. BAT is simply the BUG Mod with some enhanced graphics added to it. It doesn't change the gameplay, but it is a separate mod in itself, and it doesn't work with other mods.

If you want to be able to use BUG with other mods, or standard BTS, then you should download BUG, and optionally, BULL as well.

As for recommendations, BUG and BULL are downright necessary (IMHO) for any BTS game. BAT is nice if you like better looking cities, units, and scenery in your game.

Does BULL come with BUG? Or do I have to download them separately? I wouldn't want BAT, but BUG sounds interesting.

Does BULL come with BUG? Or do I have to download them separately? I wouldn't want BAT, but BUG sounds interesting.
BULL is a separate download, and a little merging is required to use it to its' full capacity,

Don't worry, all is explained in the documentation included in the BULL download.

And you definitely want BUG at the very least. ;)

This is a great tool! Quick question, if you have some memory issues with civ4, would BUG make it worse? Does BUG use a lot of memory? :)

BUG doesn't add any graphics so it shouldn't make a noticeable difference in memory compared to the game itself.

Just downloaded this last night. Really like BUG. However, I have noticed in several different areas the message "TXT_XXX_XXXX_XXXXXXX" where X represents some other word or phrase. Can someone explain what is causing this and how to fix.

I have BUG, BAT and BULL installed and play BtS through Steam.

I think its when there's some XML files/references missing - the TXT_KEY_XXXXXX stuff (which displays a proper name when it has been given one). It happens even with plain CIV sometimes. I can only think of finding the reference (should be easy enough if you know where the problem lies) or a reinstall, which this time should install the files correctly (I can only assume thats the problem, as it has only ever happened on installing and has been resolved for me in the past by reinstalling.)
If it happened since you installed BUG just reinstall that.

I'm not quite sure how it works off steam though, just remembered you mentioned that...

@cpa - BAT includes both BUG and BULL so it's best if you install just BAT alone. If you need to play BUG or BULL without BAT for sharing games in the forums, you should change BAT's INI file so that IgnoreCustomAssets is set to 0.

The reason you see this is as Danelius90 said: it is trying to locate a translated message (even English) that BUG/BULL/BAT wants to display but it cannot find it. This happens when not all files are installed or if files from mod X overwrite those from mod Y. Now, AFAICR none of these mods share text message files so this shouldn't happen. Mostly likely when installing BULL into BUG some files were missed.

Again, the best solution would be to install BAT and just use that. Please advise if you need the more complicated route. :)

The BAT Mod 4.0

Ok, ok, finally. It's here!

Yes, this is BAT 4.0. Lovingly crafted for your playing pleasure.

And it still won't run on Civ5. :p

This is a minor release, with a new BUG and BULL, hence a new version number, but there are also some new goodies in this one. Scroll down to investigate.

In this version of BAT, you will find:

- *NEW* The BUG Mod 4.5 - by the knowledgeable members of the BUG Team (That means not me.)

- *NEW* The BUG DLL (BULL) Updated to 1.4 - Also by the knowledgeable members of the BUG Team (That also means not me. I leave the hard work to the pros.)
- BULL includes:
- The Unofficial Patch 1.70 (By Roamty)
- Sentry actions
- Global Warming Mod
- Governor builds workers
- Fractional Trade Routes
- Female Great People (Ok, I helped a little with BULL.)
- Anything else that EF and Ruff have thrown in and not told me about.

Mods included in BAT 4.0:
Spoiler :

•Varietas Delectat 9.2 (Cheetah Edition) by Avain
•Cultural Diversity 1.1 by Chugginator (Optimized by Avain.)
•Cultural Citystyles 0.99 by GeoModder (Optimized by Avain.)
•Actual Quotes - Better Diplomacy Text by Willowmound
•Better Flags & Buttons by KingKongTR
•Improved Graphics Leaderheads by Chuginator
•Blue Marble 4.50 by Kai Fiebach
•Advanced Combat Odds by Piece of Mind
•Events with Images Mod by asioasioasio, Renegade Chicken and EmperorFool. Images by Arian.
•Female Unit Graphics (Great People, CEO's and Missionaries) by SaibotLieh. Code by Lemon and EF.
•Lemon's Movie Mod by Lemon Merchant, with slices, dices, and interpolations of music from Cybrxkhan's Diplomacy Music Packs. Used with his gracious permission.
A note about the movie mod:
Spoiler :
These are little movies for the Shrines and National Wonders. The available ones for download were very good, but so darn long, and I felt that they broke

the flow of the game. I created new ones with an individual length of 15 seconds each, with new music, so that they would be a little less obtrusive. The music has also had

the volume leveled out so that it's closer to the volume levels in the game.

•*NEW* Random animals. Just a little atmosphere. These animals do not attack. Well... some do. Watch out for the Cheetahs. They're quick. :)
•*NEW* OrionVeteran and Roamty's Great Person Mod (Bare Bones). More pictures will be a separately available download later on.
•*NEW* Era Movies by Lemon Merchant.
•*NEW* Lemon's Spy Mod by Lemon Merchant. A selectable option to have spies return to the nearest city, rather than the capital. NOTE THAT THIS DOES ALTER GAMEPLAY. THAT'S WHY IT'S AN OPTION!!
•*NEW* Peakblend mountain textures, icepack textures, and new crops by Kissa
•*NEW* Water Mod 2.0 by Nitram15
•*NEW* New aspect ratio load screens. The load screens now render better on widescreen monitors.
•*NEW* Messages Mod from The_J. Displays messages when wonders are captured or destroyed.

Developers:
Alerum68
Dresden
EmperorFool
NikNaks
ruff_hi
Lemon Merchant

Translators:
Deutsch - The Doc
Espanol - Coming soon!
Français - Falc
Italiano - Cammagno

Special thanks:
Spoiler :

- EmperorFool, for his advice and support, and for getting me into this mess.
- Ruff_Hi for his always kind, if occasionally incomprehensible words.
- Alerum68 for setting the BAT quality bar so high.
- Avain and SaibotLieh (and the people they credit) for their advice and assistance in porting their mods, and for making them in the first place.
- Afforess, Fuyu, Baldyr, Smeagolheart for their generous help when it was needed.
- Balnor for helping to fix the CTD when going back to the main menu while in game.
- Gurn Blanston and Jill, for their help in beta testing.
- The patient fans of BAT who have put up with some errors, and have been kind enough to let us know about them, and make suggestions.

As always, if you find errors or issues, please post them (constructively please) in the BAT Errata thread.

Known Errata: (To be addressed in a patch)

1. Some of the buttons are still blurry at some resolutions.
2. Some buttons are wrong for the type of unit shown.
3. The Persian Musketman is headless. Something in Varietas Delectat is causing this and I'm trying to fix it.
4. Sometimes a great person's picture doesn't show uo in the Great Person's Mod.

The download is here: The BAT Mod 4.0

The download is available as an installer (which I recommend) and a zip file for those inclined to do it yourself (which I don't recommend). If using the zip file, unzip it into your \Mods folder.

Enjoy! :)

Very nicely done! Good job.
Spoiler :
5 totally understandable words!

Curious, any chance the Xtras packs will work with 4.0 without having to be updated?....and thanks for the work y'all have done and continue to do on this.

Very nicely done! Good job.
Spoiler :
5 totally understandable words!
Why thank you, Mr. Comprehensible. :lol:

Curious, any chance the Xtras packs will work with 4.0 without having to be updated?....and thanks for the work y'all have done and continue to do on this.
No, the installers have to be redone. I'm doing that now and I'll have them finished in a day or two. (Unless r/l gets busy.)

I was talking this over with the C2C Team, and they (well I) need to know is it JUST, BAT, or is it some BULL, and BUG included, and if so what and where, thx for your time and efforts here!!

Alot of merging and the sort?? We are NOT interested in the fluff stuff, like VD and the sort.

I was talking this over with the C2C Team, and they (well I) need to know is it JUST, BAT, or is it some BULL, and BUG included, and if so what and where, thx for your time and efforts here!!

Alot of merging and the sort?? We are NOT interested in the fluff stuff, like VD and the sort.

The full versions of BUG and BULL are included and they can be downloaded from their respective svns. Without VD, there isn't a lot of merging to worry about.

The full versions of BUG and BULL are included and they can be downloaded from their respective svns. Without VD, there isn't a lot of merging to worry about.

Not quite what i asked?? Can you please be more specific, thx.

Top Bottom