Seriously need help

civlyfe

Chieftain
Hi, I've been trying for several weeks now to run Bug mod 4.4 or Bat mod 4.1, but I can get neither to work right or at all.

My civ 4 BTS specs are:
Civ version 301
Save version 300
Build version 3.0.0.91 (74697)

I'm patched to 3.19 but this is what is still says up above^ Should it be saying something else?

When I install Bug mod via single player (custom assets) so it runs on startup, When I start a game at the end of the loading screen, the technology screen comes up frozen and with less techs than usual. I press exit and then the actual game starts but there's no interface. If I press the win button and go back to the game the interface will be up but a lot of other things won't work such as the technology screen, its still frozen with less techs, the city manager screen won't come up at all, and I can't see the AI and myself listed with scores etc., on the bottom right.

If I install Bug mod as a mod whether optional or main mod, once I actually load it up the same exact problems as with single player install occur...And I've done everything I've read. I'm updated to the appropriate version (by default it's 3.13 so bug 4.4 should work anyway, I tried to install originally on 3.13 same result), made sure all folders, user name etc., were in English. I've uninstalled and then reinstalled civ 4, warlords and BTS a few times, still get the same problems.

So I figured I would try Bat mod 4.1 to see if for some reason that would get it all working. I downloaded the exe, ran it, (apparently you can only run bat mod 4.1 as a mod I haven't been able to get it to start running on startup like bug 4.4), when it got done with the very first process of its installation before I could choose any options it told me this; (there is a potential error with the installation. The installer has located a Civilization 4 registry, but cannot determine the BTS version or install path.) It tells me that I have to have version 3.19, which I do. I go ahead and click on ok to continue.

After it installs as a mod under my Documents\my games\BTS\Mods folder, and I run the game, I can see it as a selectable mod. I click it and press ok to run it and it doesn't load. It ends up crashing back and I'm back to my desktop. I've tried putting it in the C\program files (86x)\...\BTS\mods folder and again same problem, can see it, press ok but it crashes.

At this point I really don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Should I be installing either of these into some other kind of folder? Changing any configuration, Ini, or other files? possibly removing entire files or adding any more? Again any help is appreciated and sorry for such a long message. I'm beginning to think I can't use either of the wonderful mods. That would suck. :(

Bump, bump...

It doesn't look like you are patched properly. For BTS 3.19, the Civ version should be 319, the save version 302, and the build version should be 3.1.9...

What operating system are you using?

Is this a downloaded version of BTS?

Top Bottom