England...

shattergod

Chieftain
Does the longbowmen allow a 2nd range promotion? In other words if the archer can shoot two tiles away, and the longbowman can shoot three tiles away, can the longbow get a promotion that allows them to shoot four tiles away?

Nah, the longbowmen just get the extra range promotion immediately, rather than having an in-built extra range. What's great about them though is that they upgrade to 2-range gatling guns, machine guns, etc.

Longbowman shooting as far as heavy artillery is already a ******ed thing. Longbowman shooting further than heavy artillery would be a VERY ******ed thing to put it mildly.

Keshiks are better while they are keshiks, then suck because they upgrade to Cav.

Longbows are better after they obsolete.

Likewise Chu Ko Nu do not benefit from Logistics.

Technically, they do benefit from Logistics, but since they only have 2 movement points, it gets rendered moot.

People have done experiments with Persia where they were gifted Longbowmen from a Military CS, earned the Logistics promotion, and were able to attack 3 times during a Golden Age.

Technically, they do benefit from Logistics, but since they only have 2 movement points, it gets rendered moot.

People have done experiments with Persia where they were gifted Longbowmen from a Military CS, earned the Logistics promotion, and were able to attack 3 times during a Golden Age.

You could also do it with Denmark.

Longbows are awesome. Upgrading to GG/MG with 2 range, and since most get few hits if you are even halfway careful, you will likely get logistic too.

What do you call MG with 2 range and 2 attacks? City-killers! Back 'em up with artillery and some SAMs, and you have unstoppable powers. You probably only need one melee unit to take cities!

Longbowman shooting as far as heavy artillery is already a ******ed thing. Longbowman shooting further than heavy artillery would be a VERY ******ed thing to put it mildly.

It's tailored to the era.

Rifles shoot much further than longbowmen, much less gatling guns, machine guns, etc.

When ranged units used to have (or maybe still have) the +1 movement promotion I was able to attack 3 times every turn.

dont you think most units are situational on the sort of game you want to play?

most people run down turtle ships - but in my 2nd game, when i decided to invade korea (archipelago game) they were a MASSIVE pain despite my decent tech lead.. so for korea they were almost a life saver

anyway i love bows...but agree a promotion for even more range would be mad :)

When ranged units used to have (or maybe still have) the +1 movement promotion I was able to attack 3 times every turn.

Yeah, I guess it you got a Scout promoted to Survielence 3 and then it got upgraded to an archer through a Ruin, it would have the ability to make that 3rd attack.

So there's 3 possibilities:

1) Persia receiving a Cho-Ku-No from a Military CS and using it during a Golden Age
2) Denmark receiving a Cho-Ku-No from a Military CS and using it after disembarking
3) Chinese Scarcher with Survielence 3, upgraded to a Cho-Ku-No

Yeah, I guess it you got a Scout promoted to Survielence 3 and then it got upgraded to an archer through a Ruin, it would have the ability to make that 3rd attack.

So there's 3 possibilities:

1) Persia receiving a Cho-Ku-No from a Military CS and using it during a Golden Age
2) Denmark receiving a Cho-Ku-No from a Military CS and using it after disembarking
3) Chinese Scarcher with Survielence 3, upgraded to a Cho-Ku-No

I've only ever gotten 3 on a low level, because it's tough to get that scout promoted because you have to forego the +regen promotions, and you have to be lucky enough to still find a weapons ruin after you get the +1 movement promotion.

Top Bottom