Confederates: too easy?

Sleepwalker91

Chieftain
Just finished my first shot at Civil War, on Immortal playing as the Rebels. Won at 21 turns left, only capturing Washington and both the surrounding cities (Fairfax and Alexandria, if I recall well). I've only lost some three cities in the West, which I ignored, as my main army was marching up the way to their Capitol.

All I had to do was beelining to Infantry Corps & Rifled Cannons and rushing one or two Privateers to the eastern map limit. Massproduced Riflemen and Cannons in the South and brought them screaming to the front. In the end I had 6 cannons (4 rifled, 2 regulars) shooting relentlessly at Washington, with some Riflemen on the bridge and nearby to assorb all the stuff thrown from Cannons and Frigates. The only thing that the AI tried to do was sending embarked troops over the river, which were easily drowned by my cannons. It took me 6/7 turns before bringing Washington to 0HP and sending in an Infantry for the kill.

Maybe the odds aren't exactly in favour of the Confederates (no embarking, no events as they were all pro-Union, except for a one-time +1000 Gold in the very last turn), but I considered this scenario much easier than Scramble (took me much pain to win it as Italy, crushing 4kpoints-Ethiopia at the 99th turn). I wonder if it would have been easier if I managed to spawn Ironclads and bring them as well into the fray.

Your opinions? I'll try it as the Union someday, perhaps it's gonna be somehow harder (Richmond is much deep into Confederate territory).

On a side note: my next game is gonna be the Warmonger's Challenge. Deity, Pangea, raging barbarians on, 10 Civs, trying out the Zulus against Greece, Songhai, Aztecs, France, Japan, Mongolia, Denmark, Huns and Germany, only Domination victory allowed.
Wish me luck!! :lol:

I have a very poor opinion of this scenario, unlike Scramble for Africa; way to easy playing either side, even at high difficulty levels.

The AI just can't handle it.

Top Bottom