RandNES 1: Dawn of a World

Elrich Orders

11 EP

3 EP- continue to domesticate horses.
4 EP- Develop and construct means to produce beer.
4 EP- Begin building small settlements around the lake, claiming new lands for Elrich.

Spoiler :
Name/Player: Vengra/Lord_Herobrine
-Government: Despotism
-Unique Power: Power of the Harvest Moon; Allows for the quick replenishing of depleted food sources and reaps a larger yield per bushel of crops or net of fish caught.
-Cities: Vameshi
-Name:
-Size: Small
-EP produced per turn: 11 (for the capital)
-Maintenance: 0
-Unique Features: Palace (+5 EP per turn)

-EP per turn: 11
-Stored EP: 0
-Army Size: 5
-Description: The Vengra are a people who have grown together at the mouth of the Vahme river. For centuries they have relied on the seasonal rains from the sea to replenish the ground and bring new growth to the fields of wild plants, as well bringing an annual salmon run that swims up the river to lay their eggs. During this time of rebirth and lush greenery the Vengra have harvested a life out of the local ecosystem for years upon years. Fond of most creatures, the Vengra have consistently prayed tribute to the spirits of the sea (Cepien) and of the rain (Hydan), as well the great condor that watches over the creatures of the world that is known as, "Ryadin the all-seeing."

Vengra / Lord_Herobrine

-3EP on extending farms and fisheries.
-4EP on emphasizing entrepreneurial tendencies in the populace.
-3EP on the creation of inland caravan routes with surrounding tribes and peoples.

Sefa Orders

8 EP on Fort construction
Set up 12EP-cost a series of granaries to store grain & bread, to be sent to our soldiers or opened in famine. Spend 8 EP this year on construction.
Set up an annual taxation based on the Ilden - the amount of grain required to feed an adult man for a lunar month (I'm assuming this world has a moon analogous to ours). Tax is to be based on farm size. Grain from this tax is to be sent to the granaries. I imagine a land survey will have to be carried out. We'll probably invent writing and numeric systems while we're at it. Spend whatever is necessary, up to 4 EP. Accept imperfections if need be.

I'm a rubbish writer, so I apologize for my lack of writing. I'll see if I can put something together on Sefa taxation and things.

Uran Orders

The Chief strolled along and viewed his food storage and lazily decided that there were maybe 500 fish or so. A thought suddenly struck him. First off, there was no where to store their food, and theft was quite often. Second, he truly had no idea how many fish their were, they must develop a way to record their findings!:

-4 EP developing infrastructure along the lines of granaries, more canals, and roads to the salt-mines
-4 EP developing an alphabet or forms of writing
-2 EP constructing a fishing fleet, and encouraging others to do so

The scouts walked into the Hall of the Chief.
"Good, you bring good news do you not?", the Chief asked.
"Indeed! The lands south seem mostly unoccupied, however he have met a new primitive society not unlike our own, we don't know much about them, but they seem to have no naval presence."
"Indeed?", the Chief remarked, stroking his beard:

-2 EP constructing more warships
-Send the fleet to raid the Pink NPC to the south of Uran, and sink any ships they might have

I currently have 7 out of 9 orders, assuming that NWAG is dropping from this.

I still need Immaculate and Thomas.berubeg's orders.

Please NPC me this turn. Sorry.

The update probably be here no earlier than Tuesday night, so you can probably get in orders by then. If you are being NPC'ed, is it temporary or permanent?

Oooh, the update is close! Can't wait!

I was too busy shoveling snow, playing EDH, and updating my stories in S and T, so pretty slowly.

How's the update coming along?

Update 3
Stone Age
Unknown Year
Map:
Spoiler :
Political:
Religious:
Spoiler :

Several decades have passed, and civilization has slowly started taking significant steps forward into true greatness, including military, agricultural, and religious steps.
Individual Reports:
Vengra/Lord_Herobrine:
Spoiler :
Your population is growing thanks to ever-increasing farms and fisheries. Trade caravans and increased emphasis on entrepreneurship has caused massive increase in trade and the beginnings of a growing economy. What will you do?
EP: 11
Stability: Stable

Tusdar/Everblack:
Spoiler :
Your people’s efforts to domesticate camels has been quite difficult, but you are starting to see signs of progress. You will need to put more effort into the domestication, but it is a good idea in theory. Over time, with the help of government support, the religion of the Uleseism has grown to become the first major world religion, though it only is majorly present in the Tusdar nation.
EP: 14 (assuming you banked the 3 EPs you didn’t spend)
Stability: Solid (from religion)

Uran/Silverman6083:
Spoiler :
Your people have started to develop a cuneiformic system of writing, though the idea of an alphabet is still very advanced. Your increasing infrastructure successfully allowed your navy to quickly raid the Ch’āenīmhǎer and gain some riches from it (+1 EP), as well as increase fishing. What will you do?
EP: 11 (+1 from looting)
Army: 6

Bhalibirs/Immaculate:
Spoiler :
NPC’ed this turn.

Hadun/Amesjay (my earlier mistake was a typo):
Spoiler :
Work on the Tower of Ardun has continued, and the Tower is 2/3 finished. Your extensive efforts on farming, as well as your success in bringing back some pack animals has caused your capital’s population to grow. Your increasing influence around the neighbouring areas has caused indirect territorial expansion. However, another civilization known as the Sveans has discovered you while sailing from the west. What will you do now?
EP: 11 (+1 from population growth)
Army Size: 6

Elrich/Seon:
Spoiler :
Your people have successfully domesticated horses after lots of hard labor. Your people have also learned basic fermentation processes, making your people much happier. Your people have also finished expanding in the areas where you have exerted influence. What will you do?
EP: 11
Army Size: 5

Svealand/pole475
Spoiler :
After years of slow adaptation, your people have finally domesticated horses. A very basic cuneiform form of writing has been developed by your people, but it can only be used for very basic purposes. Your storehouses have successfully been built and your faming has slowly started to cause population growth. Your sailors have met another civilization, the Hadun, while exploring in your Dhimis. What will you do?
EP: 10
Army Size: 7

Sefa/talonschild:
Spoiler :
More forts have been built near the frontier, and your grain taxation system has been highly effective in not only ensuring that there is food on everybody’s tables (if tables exist), but also in developing a cuneiform and an egalitarian society. The grain taxes, along with increasing trade and granary construction, have caused population increase!
EP: 11 (+1 from population growth)
Army Size: 5
Stability: Solid

Missed orders: Eshika (thomas.berubeg), )
NPC’ed out: Eshika(thomas.berubeg), Aiomoni (NWAG was temporarily banned)
If any of you want to jump back in, post it here with your Update 4 orders.

ORDERS DUE SATURDAY, March 1st, 2014, AT 9:00 PM EST!!!

Attachments

• RandNES Political Map.png
    RandNES Political Map.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 214
  • RandNES Religious Map.png
    RandNES Religious Map.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 289
Hello? Any life out there? I will push the order deadline to this Friday. Sorry that I forgot to post the map.

Woops! I will get orders out tomorrow. Sorry! :cringe:

Woops! I will get orders out tomorrow. Sorry! :cringe:

No problem! I think everyone was waiting for me to update the map, I didn't, and everyone forgot to submit their orders.

Sorry, been busy with uni life (just had my first week)

Hadun Orders

-4EP towards completing the Tower of Ardun
-2EP towards developing a more consistent form of communication with the new visitors (Sveans) (perhaps through symbols, written words, pictures etc.)
-3EP towards expanding the mine and the lumberyard
-2EP towards continuing to improve the agricultural land and acquire more pack animals/breed the ones we already have.
-0EP Exchange gifts of resources (wood, stone, tin etc.) with the Sveans if they are willing but also give them some small gifts even if they simply do not wish to trade anything.

Diplomacy to Svean

Greetings travellers,

We the people of Hadun are proud to have you here in the great city of Halturias. Perhaps you may want to have an exchanging of gifts between our two people? We can offer you fine wood, stone and perhaps a little of our store of shiny metal. Are any of these of interest to you? Perhaps your people would like to witness the grandeur of the Tower of Ardun, for it should make it much easier for you to find us in the future. Also, perhaps you'd be willing to hear about the great earth spirit Ardun, and his actions that shaped this land. We would be quite happy if perhaps your people would be willing to show some of our fine builders and craftsmen how you managed to create these wooden structures that allow you to travel across the water.

Spoiler :
Name/Player: Vengra/Lord_Herobrine
-Government: Despotism
-Unique Power: Power of the Harvest Moon; Allows for the quick replenishing of depleted food sources and reaps a larger yield per bushel of crops or net of fish caught.
-Cities: Vameshi
-Name:
-EP produced per turn: 11 (for the capital)

-EP per turn: 11
-Army Size: 5
-Description: The Vengra are a people who have grown together at the mouth of the Vahme river. For centuries they have relied on the seasonal rains from the sea to replenish the ground and bring new growth to the fields of wild plants, as well bringing an annual salmon run that swims up the river to lay their eggs. During this time of rebirth and lush greenery the Vengra have harvested a life out of the local ecosystem for years upon years. Fond of most creatures, the Vengra have consistently prayed tribute to the spirits of the sea (Cepien) and of the rain (Hydan), as well the great condor that watches over the creatures of the world that is known as, "Ryadin the all-seeing."

Vengra / Lord_Herobrine

-Spend 3 EP on continued growth of farms and fisheries. Our economy will be based in agriculture and commerce.
-Announce the construction of a grain mill that is powered by a waterwheel set into the river. 2 EP.
-Store 6 EP for future use.

-Name/Player: Svealand/Pole475
-Government: Tribalism
-Unique Power: Power of the Kraken; The Sveans can build faster and stronger ship than their rivals.
-Cities: Estralskea
-EP produced per turn: 10
-EP per turn: 10
-EP Spending: 10
-Army Size: 7

-2 EP: Train our army more extensively.
-3 EP: Continue to develop a system a writing to communicate with the Hadun.
-3 EP: Farm on the fertile land around Estralska
-2 EP: Make trading runs with Hadun. Exchange some of our labor for the Tower of Hadun.

Diplomacy to Hadun

Hadun,

We are pleased to make acquaintance to such a culturally powerful nation. Although, we are pleased of your offer, we realize that our city already has extensive supply of the resources you are offering. However, we are willing to offer our help in gifting labor to help finish construction of the Tower of Hadun. In return, we shall ask for some of your secrets to domesticating sheep and cows and maybe a few animals to take home to our city. We also applaud the efforts in attempting to create an multi-state communication network, and shall also help to finish these connections. Finally, your Ardun of the Earth can live in accord with our gods of the sea.

Haraald

Cough cough cough orders please! I'll be gone all day at a debate tournament tomorrow, so I'll push the deadline back to tomorrow at 8:00 EST.

Top Bottom