Hegemons: Building the World

A new EQNES? Be still my heart.

Casting my vote for Harald Hadrada, and if possible I'd like to take the British Isles. :) Well given the UK is taken, I guess I could always do Russia (though I know significantly less about medieval russia then I do Britain).

A new EQNES? Be still my heart.

Casting my vote for Harald Hadrada, and if possible I'd like to take the British Isles. :)

I already claimed Ol' Blighty :)

ooc : subbed, since there are no other nations left

:popcorn:

Harald Hardrada

Just voting to sub.

nyet, Shadowbound has it methinks.

At this time there are still two regions open for guidance, the Balkans and the Arabian Peninsula. As I stated in the rules, however, any NESer can weigh in on the update for any region, not just their own. If you have expertise in a region, you are free to make your case on any matter in any of the updates, in fact I encourage it. Those enacting guidance are only laying the platform for what could happen, but they will not be dictating it all on their own.

Activity: On that topic matter, we've had quite a few votes now and it looks like the Hardruler may wind up ruling England. However, I'm still not going to confirm a ruler and all votes can be changed between now and next Monday. For those of you who have casted votes, I would like you to make your arguments for what should happen if your favored ruler wins in England. What would the changes be in 1100 from the victory in England? How will the world be different if your candidate wins? What would be the changes to English language and/or culture? I'll incentivize ya'll by stating that I'll use the best reasoned and argued compromise of history for the end solution, depending on who wins the voting. Tell us why your candidate for king would make for a more interesting Europe! Votes can be changed right up until the last minute, so you Godwinson backers ought to let us know exactly why a Anglo-Saxon Angland would be more interesting than a Norse Anglemark.

By the Will of Allah, the One True God, and his Prophet Muhammad, Arabia is hereby claimed. The Archangel Gabriel has commanded His True Believers to cast their vote for Harald Hardrada. Allahu akbar!

Tis 11, 8, 1 in favour of Hardrada, with Godwinson taking #2 at 8 and The Bastard #3 with a solitary vote at present. A chance yet remains however that the English may yet expel the Norwegian hordes if a few patriotic lads vote for Godwinson.

Tis 11, 8, 1 in favour of Hardrada, with Godwinson taking #2 at 8 and The Bastard #3 with a solitary vote at present. A chance yet remains however that the English may yet expel the Norwegian hordes if a few patriotic lads vote for Godwinson.

Well, make a case for Godwinson.

I have a direct investment in British affairs, so I will leave it to others to make a case since my job is to guide the isles whichever way the chips may fall rather than force my own thoughts through on the matter. I'm merely noting stock of the tally-board as it stands and noting its a race between Hardrada and Godwinson.

As I stated in the rules, however, any NESer can weigh in on the update for any region, not just their own. If you have expertise in a region, you are free to make your case on any matter in any of the updates, in fact I encourage it.

I am hoping to have Milarqui's assistance in destroying everything he loves about his home nation. The same for JoanK

Well by reviewing some historians theories on this part of history. If Harold Godwinson had won then the Anglo-Saxons would have had closer relations with Scandinavia then French, English language would change with a hint of German/Danish instead French. The military army would have favor heavy infantry. Also they said the Angle-Saxons would have move toward Protestant instead of Christianity.

Top Bottom