Science advisor incorrect comment 1.22

jdog5000

Revolutionary
Playing with version 1.22 the science advisor gave the wrong description of Ironclad tech. To repeat, mouse over ironclad tech (may only happen when available to research) to bring up description.

Has anyone else seen this?

Attachments

• civ3bug.jpg
    civ3bug.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 260
I checked it out in 1.15 and there's nothing wrong. I suspect it may be a side effect of the removal of radio. I'll check again once I get to 1.22( still have a good hotseat 1.15 game to finish up before I upgrade).

It IS because of the removal of radio. If you want to fix it, well, I'll just post the fix here myself. That'll save everyone the trouble of doing it.

Here's what was wrong: when they made the patch, they forgot to remove, then renumber the science comment that is supposed to occur with Radio. Since it wasn't elliminated, it messed up the text comments for all the techs placed in the editor after it. Replace script.txt with this good one and the problem will be solved!

Attachments

• script.txt
    105.4 KB · Views: 501
Thanks for the file.

Yes, thank you very much! I noticed the problem as well last night, and it's nice to have a community that can fix little oversights like that!

-- WC

Originally posted by microbe
On the other hand, Firaxis programmers just don't know how to use "grep".

Do they actually use Unix to do anything, you think? That feature was always something I missed from DOS and (early) Windows.

-- WC

Heh, I'm glad someone else noticed something wonky with the text - my version currently has the Radio text for Rocketry.

Top Bottom