v36 Crime Patch

:dunno: Eh, it's not a huge problem - I just don't care for it, and prefer starting with the traits - and, as I said, I'll probably play this out as a trial game for at least two to three era to see if it gets any more appealing. I try the occasional experiment anyway, playing with options I normally don't, so this falls in line with that anyway.

But definitely thank you for this! I foresee considerable entertainments ahead.

Joseph - I noticed something in my current game, and I'm not certain if it's a bug or deliberate. I just got Negotiation as a tech, built the Negotiator's Hut in my capital (my only city that meets the population requirement at the moment), and started looking to build a Diplomat - Negotiator. Unfortunately, it doesn't show up as a possible unit, even if I switch to showing unbuildable units. I've also noticed that in the Sevopedia, all of the diplomat units are showing a building cost of "N/A" (although the hero units that also qualify as diplomat units do have costs listed). Does this mean that those units are turned off for now, or is this something that needs to be reported in the Bug thread?

Joseph - I noticed something in my current game, and I'm not certain if it's a bug or deliberate. I just got Negotiation as a tech, built the Negotiator's Hut in my capital (my only city that meets the population requirement at the moment), and started looking to build a Diplomat - Negotiator. Unfortunately, it doesn't show up as a possible unit, even if I switch to showing unbuildable units. I've also noticed that in the Sevopedia, all of the diplomat units are showing a building cost of "N/A" (although the hero units that also qualify as diplomat units do have costs listed). Does this mean that those units are turned off for now, or is this something that needs to be reported in the Bug thread?

Diplomats are a future improvement. I had hoped to get them in to v37 and may still manage it but the "break saves" stuff and Real Life has taken priority at the moment.

Okay, they're deliberately not available at the moment, and it's not a bug. Good to know, and I don't need to report it.

There are 4 folders in this compressed Folder: Assets, Sources, PrivateMaps, and User Settings. Unrar, unzip, or un7z the compressed folder. The 4 folders you will work with are inside this uncompressed Folder.

In your Caveman2 Cosmos Folder you will replace (delete) the Old Assets, Sources, PrivateMaps, and user Settings folder with the New folders (copy/paste). Nothing else needs to be changed to get you to the SVN version 9230.

Link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ychwmxul091oepp/SVN Patch for v36 to SVN 9230.rar?dl=0

You are in for some Big Big changes! As StrategyOnly says "Have Fun!" :)

JosEPh

tried that after downloading a brand new v36, got a lot of error message + crash.
tried again in case of corrupted download : same.
am I doing something wrong?

When I downloaded it, it was the complete C2C v36 + crime mod, not just certain folders, and that was about a week ago.

8bitgamer1972 - are you sure you're downloading the file from DropBox, and not one of the older posts? I downloaded the newest version about two weeks ago, and it was as Joseph described, and worked just fine.

tried that after downloading a brand new v36, got a lot of error message + crash.
tried again in case of corrupted download : same.
am I doing something wrong?

By using the Latest SVN Patch ( the Drop Box link) you are using a Version that Can Not be used with older save game files. With this Patch to v36 you Must Start a New Game.

The previous Crime Patch with v36 (from the Google documents) would allow save games from Before it's posting.

There is a Big Difference. ;)

JosEPh

By using the Latest SVN Patch ( the Drop Box link) you are using a Version that Can Not be used with older save game files. With this Patch to v36 you Must Start a New Game.

The previous Crime Patch with v36 (from the Google documents) would allow save games from Before it's posting.

There is a Big Difference. ;)

JosEPh

Thanks for the answer but I'm well aware of the "THIS WILL BREAK SAVE" problem you seem to have to write every day :p
I can't even start a new game, as it crashs on loading the main screen.
I started a new game on SVN v9016 with the link on page 2 (Sparth post, 15 january).
But the files I downloded from the dropbox to upgrade to SVN version 9230 won't work after copy/pasting.
Not a big deal but I'm getting bored of V36 so I want something new!

Okay, 8bitgamer1972. You were looking at post #45 in the thread. Post #53 has this:

There are 4 folders in this compressed Folder: Assets, Sources, PrivateMaps, and User Settings. Unrar, unzip, or un7z the compressed folder. The 4 folders you will work with are inside this uncompressed Folder.

In your Caveman2 Cosmos Folder you will replace (delete) the Old Assets, Sources, PrivateMaps, and user Settings folder with the New folders (copy/paste). Nothing else needs to be changed to get you to the SVN version 9230.

Link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ychwmxul091oepp/SVN Patch for v36 to SVN 9230.rar?dl=0

You are in for some Big Big changes! As StrategyOnly says "Have Fun!" :)

JosEPh

which contains the new (Dropbox) link.

Thanks for the answer but I'm well aware of the "THIS WILL BREAK SAVE" problem you seem to have to write every day :p
I can't even start a new game, as it crashs on loading the main screen.
I started a new game on SVN v9016 with the link on page 2 (Sparth post, 15 january).
But the files I downloded from the dropbox to upgrade to SVN version 9230 won't work after copy/pasting.
Not a big deal but I'm getting bored of V36 so I want something new!

But I Have to Warn everyone that playing a game started with the Official v36 Or the Dropbox/google documents for version 9102 (Post # 45) Will Not Work for the post #58 version. And If I don't post it every time, we have ppl who can't follow instructions posting that It Does Not Work, when clearly it does.

So, follow my instructions exactly from post #58 and you should have no problem as apparently Others have done so and it Works for them.

JosEPh :)

That patch worked like a charm for me. It had 4 folders just like it was supposed to. Lots of changes too from SVN 9016 to 9230.

Updated to the 9230; by replacing the 4 files
Why am I listening to ThePreHistoryChannel.mp3 music on the opening screen?
I get this music regardless if I try and open the mod from Vanillia BTS -> Load a Mod; or via my prebuilt c2c shortcut.

How do I put the Brental Floss music back into the opening screen?
including where do I find the Brental Floss music (I did keep a copy of my SVN9016)

OK, I found the instructions
"Just remove the offending music from the Sounds/Soundtrack/Title folder. I think if none is there it defaults to what is in the BtS folders. If not copy the ones you what into Sounds/Soundtrack/TitleNew and C2C will move them into the Title folder and choose a random one each time you start up."

I go to the BTS/Mods/Caveman2Cosmos/Assets/Sounds/Soundtrack/Title folder (for the new SVN9230 Assets) and the only thing there is the Brentalfloss.mp3
What is going on?

Found something else odd when starting a 9230 game. There is no empire name in the score area.

Attachments

• No name.jpg
    No name.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 97
Taxman, the name is there. The problem is that the Maori Empire uses black text... and the map background in that location is also black.

Ok, thanks.

Anyone have an idea about the music?
I'd prefer to fix it, but mostly want to be sure nothing else is FUBARed.

Ok, thanks.

Anyone have an idea about the music?
I'd prefer to fix it, but mostly want to be sure nothing else is FUBARed.

We started getting complaints about the Brentlfloss' music being repetitive so SO made some changes to the Music. Quiz him on what he did.

JosEPh

Taxman, the name is there. The problem is that the Maori Empire uses black text... and the map background in that location is also black.

Yeah Black is their color. And playing with the Maori in the game as an AI you will find they like to build 1 City for a long long time till they are ready to try and take yours. Their Leader traits play into this.

JosEPh

Joe,
So I'm supposed to hear Theprehistorychannel.mp3?
I'd like to put it back and the only instructions I find indicate it should still be brentalfloss?

Thanks about the Maori. I was just firing off a play now game to clear the cache.

Top Bottom