Deleting units from the game

Ingenieria

Chieftain
Hello all,

I just switched from v34 to v36 last weekend. Wow! It's like a different game. Tremendous improvement, thank you for your work. I hadn't played civ for that many hours straight in years.

Now: I noticed the <Units> tag in CivilizationInfos is gone. Previously I had used these tags to easily disable units that I don't like (Warlords). My issues with the Warlord units can be discussed in another thread if anyone cares.

I was about to dive into the XML and start breaking things but then I thought it would be better to ask the experts first. What's the best way to remove units from the game?

Hello all,

I just switched from v34 to v36 last weekend. Wow! It's like a different game. Tremendous improvement, thank you for your work. I hadn't played civ for that many hours straight in years.

Now: I noticed the <Units> tag in CivilizationInfos is gone. Previously I had used these tags to easily disable units that I don't like (Warlords). My issues with the Warlord units can be discussed in another thread if anyone cares.

I was about to dive into the XML and start breaking things but then I thought it would be better to ask the experts first. What's the best way to remove units from the game?

Assuming you just don't want them built or showing up.

1) Make a folder in the Assets/Modules/My_Mods folder eg zz_Ingenieria the zz_ makes it apply the XML last ;)

2) Copy the schema file C2C_CIV4UnitSchema.XML from Assets/XML/Units to the new file and rename it zz_Ingenieria_CIV4UnitSchema.XML. The reasons for renaming are technical to do with ensuring you don't accidentally break the mod.

3) Create a units infos file in this folder. I usually copy a small one from elsewhere or use the code below

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- ###################################################################################### -->
<Civ4UnitInfos xmlns="x-schema:SubdueAnimals_CIV4UnitSchema.xml">
	<UnitInfos>
		<UnitInfo>
			<Type>UNIT_WARLORDIS</Type>
			<iCost>-1</iCost>
			<bGraphicalOnly>1</bGraphicalOnly>
		</UnitInfo>
	</UnitInfos>
</Civ4UnitInfos>

Do that for each unit you don't want in game.

The cost of -1 means it can't be built while the Graphical Only means it wont show up in the pedia (or it should not).

Doing it this way also means that you should be able to keep the same code between versions. If you were making a mod for C2C I would add in some extra stuff to handle optional content.

Hello all,

You might want to update to this Patched version of v36 found in this link; http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14125363&postcount=44

It has a ton of fixes found in the v36 release. And you get introduced to even more changes. Any game you have started with v36 will still be playable with this Patched version. It is a full download like v36.

You might even change your opinion of Warlords too. ;)

JosEPh

Thank you very much DH!

And you as well Joseph. I read these forums quite a bit, I already went straight to that patch.

Has something changed about the way the warlord chief, captain, etc work? I haven't encountered any yet.

Top Bottom