What's necessary to build Clockpunk?

kenneth1221

Warlord
I'm having some trouble building the Clockwork culture. I researched the tech and tried to build it in a city with access to Sulphur, it didn't appear. It doesn't even appear as a greyed-out culture that I can't build. This is a Chieftain game and I'm several tens of techs ahead of everyone else, so I know that someone else didn't build it. I'm also playing with unlimited wonders. What could be stopping me from building it?

I'm having some trouble building the Clockwork culture. I researched the tech and tried to build it in a city with access to Sulphur, it didn't appear. It doesn't even appear as a greyed-out culture that I can't build. This is a Chieftain game and I'm several tens of techs ahead of everyone else, so I know that someone else didn't build it. I'm also playing with unlimited wonders. What could be stopping me from building it?

The Sulphur needs to be in the work area of the city, have a mine on it and be connected to the city with a route of some kind.

The Sulphur needs to be in the work area of the city, have a mine on it and be connected to the city with a route of some kind.

I'm pretty sure it is, it's in the fat cross. However, it's on a mountain--but that shouldn't affect it, should it?

I'm pretty sure it is, it's in the fat cross. However, it's on a mountain--but that shouldn't affect it, should it?

Actually, I think it does. If memory serves me correctly, what you have on a mountain is a "Mountain Mine", rather than a regular mine, and at least in the past that didn't count for city vicinity.

If you have Usable Mountains Option On and have researched the Tech to activate it, remove the "mountain" mine and replace it with a regular or shaft mine. That should work as well.

JosEPh

If you have Usable Mountains Option On and have researched the Tech to activate it, remove the "mountain" mine and replace it with a regular or shaft mine. That should work as well.

JosEPh

I tried changing the mountain mine to a mine and outright giving myself the wonder in the eligible city, but... nothing. In fact, clockpunk still didn't show up in the build list at all, even though a ton of other cultures I didn't qualify for did. Any other things I can try?

I'm out of suggestions then.

But I'm curious about this statement; "clockpunk still didn't show up in the build list at all, even though a ton of other cultures I didn't qualify for did."

Is Clock punk showing up in the Tech tree? Have you tried manipulating/changing the Settings Icons above the Build list to see if it will then show up?

JosEPh

Is it possible that another Civ beat you to it and it has already been built?

I'm out of suggestions then.

But I'm curious about this statement; "clockpunk still didn't show up in the build list at all, even though a ton of other cultures I didn't qualify for did."

Is Clock punk showing up in the Tech tree? Have you tried manipulating/changing the Settings Icons above the Build list to see if it will then show up?

JosEPh

It showed up in the tech tree for sure. Even when I set the build list to allow unbuildable buildings, it didn't show up but several African, Asian, Oceanian cultures did (I'm playing as the Maya).

I ended up cheating it in, but only because I was convinced I should've had it.

Top Bottom