Bug Reporting

I changed it to open the options screen, but there's no need to mention it in the documentation. Consider it an easter egg for your mod's users. :)

When pillaging road I get . . .

Could someone please test this fix so I can commit it when I get home tonight? Open autologEventManager.py and go to line 754. Replace that line with the bolded lines below:

Code:
        and (pPlot.getOwner() == CyGame().getActivePlayer()
        or   pUnit.getOwner() == CyGame().getActivePlayer())):
[B]            if (iImprovement != -1):
                message = "A %s" % (PyInfo.ImprovementInfo(iImprovement).getDescription())
            elif (iRoute != -1):
                message = "A %s" % (PyInfo.RouteInfo(iRoute).getDescription())
            else:
                message = "An improvement"
[/B]            zsLocn = ""

I just need to verify that my guess of "PyInfo.RouteInfo(iRoute)" is correct.
If it works, feel free to commit it and I'll check it tonight.

I've an issue with the logger. I've changed the style to 'Forum tags without ""', and now I get an HTML document as output. This I wouldn't mind, but it's totally unordered so that you have to manually align the content. Not that what I've looked for, it is less work to exchange the "" then...

·Imhotep·;5944005 said:
I've an issue with the logger. I've changed the style to 'Forum tags without ""', and now I get an HTML document as output. This I wouldn't mind, but it's totally unordered so that you have to manually align the content. Not that what I've looked for, it is less work to exchange the "" then...
I thought I had caught that. I think only the file extension is html or is all the layout off too? I will have a look and correct.

All the layout is gone. The colors work nicely, but all the content is not lined up in rows...

I think that this loss of line feeds is a function of the following:

self.log = codecs.open(os.path.join(szPath, BugAutolog.getFileName()), 'a', 'utf-8')

The codecs open doesn't seem to want to recognize the '\n' items.

Strange. UTF-8 has no cares about "\n", so I don't see why this would cause a problem. Have you tried simply reverting that part and making sure that solves the problem. The use of that codec is required for any names with non-English characters.

Strange. UTF-8 has no cares about "\n", so I don't see why this would cause a problem. Have you tried simply reverting that part and making sure that solves the problem. The use of that codec is required for any names with non-English characters.
Have I tried ... of course not. I just looked at the code and that is really the only difference so it just makes sense :D:D. I will put back the line as it was and see what happens (tomorrow).

I just tried all four autologger message formats, and they all worked. Now, it's using "\n" (Unix) instead of "\r\n" (Windows).

This means you'll need to view the log in WordPad instead of Notepad to see the lines correctly. Putting this on the web, the line endings should make no difference.

As to why you're seeing HTML instead of forum tags ... that's odd. Can you upgrade to what's in SVN or wait until the next release and try again?

Korean Axeman has already been reported and so it has already been fixed (in an internal version), thanks for reporting English Worker, I'm sure that NikNaks will fix it in no time. If you'll find some more red balls, please report them here :)

Same red balls instead of the french workers :sad:

Same red balls instead of the french workers :sad:

I fear that there are several of them that are corrupted, but regrettably we have not enough time now to test all of them in the builder, so (unless someone do it for us), we can only fix those pointed out at by you guys. Do you agree with this, NikNaks?

I just tried all four autologger message formats, and they all worked. Now, it's using "\n" (Unix) instead of "\r\n" (Windows).

This means you'll need to view the log in WordPad instead of Notepad to see the lines correctly. Putting this on the web, the line endings should make no difference.
I just opened a log file with wordpad and got the usual 1 record per line (instead of the stream of text when opening with not pad). However, if I change "\n" to "\r\n" I get the 1 line in both wordpad and notebook. Is there a downside to using the "\r\n" code?

I'm also thinking of pulling this apart (code wise) as it is fairly ugly.

No downside to "\r\n" whatsoever. If you can figure out how to tell Python to use Windows EOL settings, great! And yes, take a hacksaw to the code. :)

·Imhotep·;5944005 said:
All fixed (I hope). I actually did some testing before committing the code changes this time so I think it it right. There are so many options with formatting, color on or off, with or without "s, etc but I think I got all of them. Feel free to let me know if I made a mistake (again).

It also should look ok in notepad again.

There are theoretical downsides for CRLF instead of just LF, for Mac users. But is BTS available for Mac yet even? In practice, it's just fine and those who absolutely need to strip CR away can easily do that. I think it can actually be done by several editors even, just choosing the format you want to save in.

A stack of Babylonian knights + settler appeared as three red blobs. I guess it is the knights as it were 3 red blobs not 4 (which would indicate the settler).

Definitely the knights. I've seen it too.

I hesitate to put this in as a bug as i am unsure if it is just my error as no one has yet posted it...... If it is my error well.... sorry. I removed and reinstalled CIV4 and BTS and still i get the same thing.

Inside the custom domestic advisor there is an "I" button down in the left corner beside the drop down menu -- I believe it is used to customize the advisor... I used this MOD before I think, but I am old man and can't remember very well how much I have tooled with the code in the past...... Anyways when i hover my cursor over the "I" the game just crashes, straight dump. been kinda using it as a fast way to get out of the game hehe :crazyeye:

there is an updated log (theme parse log) dumped in the BTS main folder

Spoiler :
[Sep 16, 2007 - 23:16:21] Messages while processing 'Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement

I hesitate to put this in as a bug as i am unsure if it is just my error as no one has yet posted it...... If it is my error well.... sorry. I removed and reinstalled CIV4 and BTS and still i get the same thing.

Inside the custom domestic advisor there is an "I" button down in the left corner beside the drop down menu -- I believe it is used to customize the advisor... I used this MOD before I think, but I am old man and can't remember very well how much I have tooled with the code in the past...... Anyways when i hover my cursor over the "I" the game just crashes, straight dump. been kinda using it as a fast way to get out of the game hehe :crazyeye:

We worked a lot on CDA since 0.16 release, so before going on, it's better you update your BUG to the last internal release.

If you are using BUG Mod:
- delete CustomAssets and BUG Mod.ini from MyGames/BtS folder
- unzip this inside that folder (keeping the path into the zip):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/74513/BUG_Mod_016c.zip

If you are using FBUG Mod. unzip the previous file over your existing CustomAssets and BUG Mod.ini , overwriting them.

Please tell us if your problem is still there or if it has been solved.

Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement

Is this theme a part of the basic Civ4 install? I know some people set up themes for each of the mods they use so they can visually tell which they're using easily (Ruff recommended this). Have you done the same?

Just to be sure, you're using the Beyond the Sword expansion, right? Gotta check the easy stuff first. :) Are you using the U.S. release? Have you updated to 3.02 or 3.03?

There's one change I made that might fix this problem if everything above checks out. I changed the type of buttons (including that one). The type your version is using pop up a hover text that says "Selection" or something. Since that's not useful info, I changed it so no message pops up. I'm guessing that the font used to display those hovers is wreaking havoc with your theme. Try as Cammago suggested and let us know please if that fixes the issue.

Top Bottom