C2C SVN Changelog

WOW. . .

I really like the underpinning, didnt know you could actually do this, This is a MAJOR breakthrough....

Vicinity danger monitoring with history, cant say enough how this is needed.
Inter-unit AI cooperation, workers checking for danger areas etc, was badly needed.
Modified city vicinity defensive posture, this is definitely needed and needed badly, thx.

Plus you have more tweaking and things to do, just fantastic. . . . .

Its a utility i have added in the game if you want to change your common Blue borders to any color you can image, now its so simple from Lemon Merchant, its fantastic, cause every now and then i just like to make change to the HUD Blue gets stale after awhile. But again read the ReadMe before using. See attached

For ALL concerned:

Do you'll like the EXTRA LH's i have put ingame, or do you suggest i just use them as ADD-ONs:confused: because of the size of the game currently.
ie:
Game currently is "around" 1.2 GB
without LH's "around" 975 MB

Personally I vote for 'add on'. I like them, but lots of people are memory limitted, so anything we can make optional while still leaving the core C2C expereince intact is IMO a good thing

Personally I vote for 'add on'. I like them, but lots of people are memory limited, so anything we can make optional while still leaving the core C2C experience intact is IMO a good thing

Then when your doing that other project for me (Python) can you take out the extra LHs and Civs then from the SVN, it better than way i believe for one to mess with it rather than a few.

Then when your doing that other project for me (Python) can you take out the extra LHs and Civs then from the SVN, it better than way i believe for one to mess with it rather than a few.

Um, I don't really understand how leaderheads work. What do I have to delete?

Small update pushed (including the DLL) with a crash fix and some further small turn time optimizations.

I have also noticed that the latest assets give a warning in the debug version related to modular loading (again). The effect is just that one random event in DH's module is not getting defined when it should (and hence will never fire). I'll look into fixing it tomorrow, unless more urgent bugs come to light.

Edit - Hydro beat me to it on the warning - it was one of the conditions on an embassy building, but he has anyway removed it now

So I was going to tweak the mammoth units and I got this error. Then i tried it again with less changes over and over until all i changed was the Mammoth Rider's strength from 6 to 7 and this error STILL happens! What the heck is going!?!? (see image and attached file)

As it says in the error in the image - the problem is line 1 column 1 of the file - you can see two funny characters there in the error message. This is caused by some application that has been used to edit the file inserting some hidden characters (probably a language encoding or something) at the beginning of the file. Attached is a fixed version (I just loaded it in wordpad and deleted and re-entered the first line). Verified that this version loads for me (the one you attached didn't, so this fix seems to work).

What editor do you use for the XML?

Attachments

• CIV4UnitInfos.rar
    59.8 KB · Views: 287
So I was going to tweak the mammoth units and I got this error. Then i tried it again with less changes over and over until all i changed was the Mammoth Rider's strength from 6 to 7 and this error STILL happens! What the heck is going!?!? (see image and attached file)

Thats one of Koshling error things that have been happening lately, i had the same thing happen in the Description of Cochise also.
Code:
<Civilopedia>Cochise (c. [COLOR="Red"]had weird stuff here also[/COLOR] 1815&#8211;June 8, 1874)
had to change it also.

Your very TOP of the UnitInfo should be this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

P.S> I dont use nothing but Notepad.

OK changed Khmer Ballista Elephant replaced with Khmer Phak'ak spearman, and changed a testing map i use.

As it says in the error in the image - the problem is line 1 column 1 of the file - you can see two funny characters there in the error message. This is caused by some application that has been used to edit the file inserting some hidden characters (probably a language encoding or something) at the beginning of the file. Attached is a fixed version (I just loaded it in wordpad and deleted and re-entered the first line). Verified that this version loads for me (the one you attached didn't, so this fix seems to work).

What editor do you use for the XML?

I use normal Notepad! :/

Should I use Notepad++ instead?

Also that file will not help since strategyonly just updated a new CIV4UnitInfos a few mins ago.

I use normal Notepad! :/

Should I use Notepad++ instead?

Also that file will not help since strategyonly just updated a new CIV4UnitInfos a few mins ago.

Notepad ++ is ok, but i prefer plain ole Notepad, better at least for me. Only time i use Notepad ++, if some wierdo doesn't use the correct whitespacing and takes them out, then ++ has to be used.

TO MODDERS:

I am very impressed by the amount of work going on in the SVN, just great, but there is this month a WHOLE lot going on, so just a reminder, i will need a bullet listing of what you have done for the people can understand what the heck "we" have been doing for the next version, and while on that, what does everyone think the next release should be, i am open to any and all ideas?
P.S. i am not asking for one now, only when "we" are ready for the next update, thx. i really mean it, thx guys:goodjob:

Well aside from wanting to tweak the mammoth files a little I am ok with an update right away. However it depends upon if you guys are in the middle of a project or not. I am between projects at the moment. Just finished the culture revamping and want to move on to add some new ones.

In short it would be nice to get a new public update by say August 1st if possible.

The AI changes are fairly radical and will probably turn out to have some side effects that need tweaking, so I would prefer to see a couple weeks play testing amongst those who update from svn first.

Anyone have any feedback yet on what they've seen so far (seen as opposed to read)?

The AI changes are fairly radical and will probably turn out to have some side effects that need tweaking, so I would prefer to see a couple weeks play testing amongst those who update from svn first.

Anyone have any feedback yet on what they've seen so far (seen as opposed to read)?

The only thing i can see so far, cause i haven't been getting to far, because of all these changes: Is that the Wanderer when i click on Auto Hunt, it stays as close to the borders as it can? Then sometimes it does wander around. (Maybe we need to lower the spawning rate just a little on the Neanderthals more? but i really like them, but most people dont?) We need to increase the number of Animals also.

But the AI is beating the heck out of me now, like you said, the techs of the AI are thinking alot better to get what they need. And not just sit around an build up as much, before attacking, but on the attacking part, some of the AI still wont attack, even if they have the advantage of units involved, when right next to a city they could overrun quite easily.

Again i have even gotten past the Classical Era lately with all these changes.

EDIT: One time the Neanderthals spawn at the very beginning of the game FAST, and the next game, it doesn't then the Wanderer, wanders freely more??

The only thing i can see so far, cause i haven't been getting to far, because of all these changes: Is that the Wanderer when i click on Auto Hunt, it stays as close to the borders as it can? Then sometimes it does wander around. (Maybe we need to lower the spawning rate just a little on the Neanderthals more? but i really like them, but most people dont?) We need to increase the number of Animals also.

But the AI is beating the heck out of me now, like you said, the techs of the AI are thinking alot better to get what they need. And not just sit around an build up as much, before attacking, but on the attacking part, some of the AI still wont attack, even if they have the advantage of units involved, when right next to a city they could overrun quite easily.

Again i have even gotten past the Classical Era lately with all these changes.

EDIT: One time the Neanderthals spawn at the very beginning of the game FAST, and the next game, it doesn't then the Wanderer, wanders freely more??

Can you provide a save game with a sufficient to attack AI stack next to a city that does not do so please. That sounds like a high priority issue I should look at.

Seems like people are asking for an update. I don't think we should release a V15 and call it that because of the in-testing nature of things. I suggest we make available a 14.1, while leaving V14 still available, and STATE that it's an interim that needs play testing, so people know its an at-your-own-risk sort of deal...

@ Koshling:

For the first time since the new dll, i am getting an Uncompressed Data, or something along those words to ALL regular autosaved games, i cant even do a Max Comp to show you cause then i'd have to almost completely restart the game, and i just reached the Medieval Era for the first time in months.

@ Koshling:

For the first time since the new dll, i am getting an Uncompressed Data, or something along those words to ALL regular autosaved games, i cant even do a Max Comp to show you cause then i'd have to almost completely restart the game, and i just reached the Medieval Era for the first time in months.

I'm not sure what you mean (don't recognize the message). Got a screen shot?

Top Bottom