C2C - Transhuman Era

Ooooooooooooooooooooohhhh..maybr I had to click ADD on the SVN then SVN commit..

anyways guys check your tech trees and let me know if your seeing pink..

Yes, that helps.:lol:

Seriously though, you have to click Add All whenever you are ADDING new files, not just modifying existing files. I would also check though for TechInfos typos, as those are easy to make and can cause pink buttons.

Yes, that helps.:lol:

Seriously though, you have to click Add All whenever you are ADDING new files, not just modifying existing files. I would also check though for TechInfos typos, as those are easy to make and can cause pink buttons.

I think when I added the TechTree Folder it just copied the folder. :eek::eek:

I was confused because on my side the buttons are all there, in glorious splendor and you guys are like pink pink pink!

Well today i learned about ADD. The green arrow is now on the files I submitted.

@Strategyonly
@Hydro

Can I include these or are they too controversial for the game?

Male Birth Control (decrease in population)
Major change in society
from: http://futurizon.com/articles/social networking.pdf
At the very least, we will see a big increase in cheating, and lots more casual sex. Casual sex is a fact of life and society copes with it so far. But the cheating matters, because it undermines existing relationships and therefore undermines onger term happiness in pursuit of a quick thrill; OK, lots of quick thrills. But surely people need deep relationships, not just quick ones, and we don't have the social structures or culture that lets us combine them. Do we want to hop from person to person several times a day? I'm sure it would be fun for some, for a while, but it wouldn't produce long term
well-being for most of us. And if we can't trust our partners, then we can't enjoy our relationships as much as we can when trust is healthy
Designer Children

Im chaging the name to Hormone _____ so it covers hormones as a whole. Male Birth control can be a building maybe..it can be game-destroying.

I needed something for Accelerated Germination (growing plants faster), but that needed an earlier reproductive science tech.

Although every organ system secretes and responds to hormones (including the brain, lungs, heart, intestine, skin, and the kidney), the clinical specialty of endocrinology focuses primarily on the endocrine organs, meaning the organs whose primary function is hormone secretion. These organs include the pituitary, thyroid, adrenals, ovaries, testes, and pancreas.

A hormone (from Greek ὁρμή, "impetus") is a chemical released by a cell or a gland in one part of the body that sends out messages that affect cells in other parts of the organism. Only a small amount of hormone is required to alter cell metabolism. In essence, it is a chemical messenger that transports a signal from one cell to another

@MrAzure: Designer Children, fine, but male birth control, eww, let's stay away from that, it seems far too in-depth and odd.:blush:

I have to agree. If you want to go that route name it "Population Management" or "Population Sustainability". Something more ambiguous on the real meaning but still gets the point across that your trying to reduce overpopulation.

I forgot about Flammability so im gonna add..

Fire Interruption
Requires Complementary Vehicles and Fire Suppression

Link to video.

First Responder Robotics
Also include Paramedic, Search and Rescue, and Hazmat robots

Thanks for adding all this stuff mr azure very cool

Just to let anybody that s curious, I am getting most of the future techs from respected futurologists like Michio Kaku, Ian Pearson etc... scientific papers, youtube vids, documentaries, and http://www.sigmascan.org/Live/.

If you have time go to http://www.sigmascan.org/Live/ and learn about the future, with actual scientific peer to peer evaluated papers.

If you dont like to read scientific papers..please at least read this Delta Scan from Standford that predicts the future in an easy to read average joe format.
http://humanitieslab.stanford.edu/2/Home

the future is gonna make you think.

and..if thats boring..

Link to video.

@MrAzure

I was noticing something with your icon/buttons. Most of them are blue (similar to your avatar). I guess in the future everything looks like Tron. :p

I am trying really hard to not use blue,(i am consciously aware), but most of the future art i find on google images is blue. If its not blue its neon green or bright purple..and if its not that its an earth button! LOL well the future has been potrayed in a blue hue by hollywood,(and the past as brown), what i am doing with the new buttons is using a multitude of colors.but the average color will be blue. Dont worry, in galactic era it will mostly be red, yellow, white, orange, and black. So yeah, in the future almost everything is either blue or green or white lol :lol::lol::lol:

p.s the future is neon..electro and techno music albums is usually that. I call them laser colors lol

Well typically green is some Matrix thing or derivative. Also if you have a red glow you know it must be an evil robot or cyborg. :p :borg:

Exactly..its either bright blue, neon green, or bright magneta.

This are the next art i did..lol they are all represented lol but like usual blue is king!

Biopolymer = Biogel Refrigeration
superbwaterpollution = Superb Water Purification

I noticed the color scheme as well and actually thought it was a really good idea (didn't realize it wasn't actually intended.) Lucas was one of the first to use color schemes to the most powerful effect in Hollywood I'd say. Overall, its a powerful tool. I definitely support the idea of color theming the era arts as we go. GREAT work on all these techs Azure!!! Its really just amazing what you're doing for us all here!

I noticed the color scheme as well and actually thought it was a really good idea (didn't realize it wasn't actually intended.) Lucas was one of the first to use color schemes to the most powerful effect in Hollywood I'd say. Overall, its a powerful tool. I definitely support the idea of color theming the era arts as we go. GREAT work on all these techs Azure!!! Its really just amazing what you're doing for us all here!

WOW!

You can get high of mp3s! I sm in disbelief!

Link to video.

I thought that it was blue because it was coming at us fast ie doppler effect.

that reminds me..
The future of Transhuman Era Travel
Spoiler :
The Internal Shockwave Engine, perfected by Dr. Norbert Mueller Jr in 2038, radically change what your car looks like under the hood with a “shock wave generator.” Said to be the suprise spark of the Intelligent Revolution, the Internal Shockwave Engine, like the Steam Engine and Internal Combustion Engine has revolutionazied Digital Age society, especially in transportation, chemistry, and medicine.

[PARAGRAPH:2] A Shockwave Engine like name suggests is powered by Shockwave,(atmosphoric lightling collided with liquidmetals and galvanized with centrifugal forced plasma), and requires liquidmetal fuel to run. The energy in a gallon of liquidmetal is equivalent to 428.5 gallons of gasoline, but only a few ounces are needed, (a couple times a year since its used as a catalyst).

[PARAGRAPH:2] A commercial family car with an Internal Shockwave Engine can easily be capable of breaking the 2000 Horsepower barrier, which almost destroyed the racing world industry, and the government was forced to build Transonic highways for Class IV autopilot traffic, (with a max speed limit of 355 mph/571kph). Im most urban areas Transonic highways were built in a decade, with intelligent pavement to monitor the road.

[PARAGRAPH:2] The Race Car industry was also forced by public demand to adopt the engine, and in a quick amount of time, they develop new exotic tracks that allowed for faster speeds. New classes for race cars made of graphene12 body include the 500, 700, and 900 mile per hour classes, with the 700 and 900 appearing in later decades as AI became more powerful.

[PARAGRAPH:2]Horsepower is widely adopted to measure the output of piston engines, turbines, electric motors, and other machinery, but has been replaced by Shockwaves [1 shockwave = 1000 horsepower]. The Shockwave Engine with liquidmetal fuel uses 92% of its fuel for propulsion, compared to 15% of gasoline fuel used in 2010 engines, and is credited by enviromentalists as the best discovery of the 21st century.
Transhuman Era speed limits for Urban Traffic

Class 0 to 35 mph- virtually all in rural areas
Class I up to 90mph, - unautomated and Pre-Shockwave Engine Era
Class II up to 150 mph -Autopilot Highway / Launchpod Jetpack
Class III up to 240 mph -Subsonic Highway
Class IV up to 355 mph -Transonic Highway/ ???? Jetpack
Class V up to 510 mph -Subterran Subway / Generation I Skyroad

Class VI up to 725 mph,- Magnetic Antigrav Track
Class VII up too 950 mph - Supersonic Rails
Class VIII up to 1200 mph - Generation II Skyroad
Class IX up to 1500 mph - Aerodynamik Antigrav Track
Class X up to 2100 mph - Generation III Skyroad
Class XI up to 3000 mph -Altimadynamik Antigrav Track / Hypersonic Rails

Class XII 3000mph and above - Orbital Flight / Hypersonic Flight

I've been looking over the new techs (just to update my tech trees, in-depth analysis to come later) and I was wondering - are we assuming that the arrangement of planets is the same as the Sol System? Some of the new techs are planet-specific, and if we're not committed to Earth, why should we be committed to Sol? I think we need to assume an Earth-LIKE planet, and a Sol-LIKE star, but I don't know if anything beyond that should be assumed.

Top Bottom