WWII PBEM - Tora

New Laptop
Sorry for the delay, I'm instilling the Civs to it and coping over the mods, that thumb drive work,
should be done pretty quick

The battle in the German Channel rages on... :eek:

The German "Stealth" ability is maybe more than we bargained for, The King George V, Thunderer, and Monarch, see no sign of Battle Ships or Subs and the Conqueror!!!
It must be a new "Destroy and Hide" tactic.

The loss of Conqueror brings the "Eagle" from it's Dry Dock
Eagle responds to Violence in Stockholm, conditions there seem self inflicted.
We urge others to suspect this is how you'll be treated if Hitler gains control. The Grand Fleet now on Full Alert Status and will remain in Brittish water awaiting the Eagles return.
No Targets aquired.

British Ragoon still urges support (gpt in any amount will show your support in this area)

Casper bombs T38 between Berlin and Paris

You can not Hide!

Massive German Infantry and Tank campaign near the Cairo, Alexandria border. British unit Fortify while waiting on support

Edit; GPS to Mitchum

The poor, recently-liberated German fishermen in Stockholm and Oslo were afraid to cast their nets due to the ominous presence of Eagle in GERMAN waters. So we had to resort to our "Destroy and Hide" tactic and remove said destroyer so that the fishermen could continue to feed the hungry German troops.

Churchill likes to talk about his poor fishermen... However, I hardly consider six British Commandos on transports in the German Channel fishermen. This is a clear threat that the poor, humble German people cannot accept.

I ask the world to help us to remove these vile Englishmen from our planet. They have outposts and colonies spread around the Earth on just about every continent and they intend to take us all over. Speaking "Queen's English" and drinking tea at high noon does not a gentleman make. They are wolves in sheep's clothing!! Don't let these vermin spead any more than they already have!!

Please don't listen to any more of this English propaganda. I, Adolf Hitler, have only peaceful intentions... as long as you have blond hair and blue eyes, speak German and follow the Facist regime. :lol:

In the USSR, the focus is inside it's own borders.

After a few months of kill... cof cof, I mean re-organizing the Army's leadership, the completly new Governent is now focused on increasing the production for the welfare of the world!

The neutral Americans send the turn along to Prime Minister Churchill...

We are being begging to get dragged into the war by everyone, but cannot do much other than offer financial support to the British colonies which are under seige from the Axis powers. If they would listen, we would strongly urge those Axis powers to put down their guns and live peacefully...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 186
Sent to Stalin.

This journey, the free citizens of the chinese city of Chengdu opened the doors of their city and celebrated the arrival of the Imperial Army. The liberation of China continues.

After a deserved break for Stalin with some important Vodka tasting he got another great portrait showing the work of our glorious leader!

GPS to Mitchum
No actions
Germany destroys most of the England's Navy, The Battles must have been fierce. This causes great Demoralization in England

:wow:
That is very unexpected news!!!

If it is true, I am curious to see (in the far future) the details of that to understand if it's a scenario bad design or... something else!

Or possibly just bad luck with the random number generator...

Luckily the English empire is MASSIVE and still has the financial and economic backing of America...

It wasn't a random number generator issue. Every battle the magnificent German navy won had > 50% odds of winning/retreating on the attack (several of which I lost) and many of them were in the > 90% range. I had several battles on the defensive when Churchill attacked me but I never bothered to check the combat log to see if he lost any battles that he should have won. I can only assume that he didn't attack if he had < 50% odds of winning.

One tactical situatation that I used to my advantage was that the English fleet started spread out around Europe and Africa while mine was concentrated primarily in two areas. Then, Churchill split up his fleet in the English German Channel to go submarine hunting leaving the ships that were left there a bit vulnerable. Before this English submarine-killing side mission, the kill/loss ratio was close to 50% with our navies trading blows back and forth.

Finally, the English and German fishermen were getting fed up with English destoyers running over their nets so they banded together and sunk several ships with explosives smuggled into their cargo holds.

I'm sure that there are still quite a few English destoyers, cruisers, carriers and transports still lurking around the map. :mischief:

Played and sent to Hirohito-san.

It wasn't a random number generator issue. Every battle the magnificent German navy won had > 50% odds of winning/retreating on the attack (several of which I lost) and many of them were in the > 90% range. I had several battles on the defensive when Churchill attacked me but I never bothered to check the combat log to see if he lost any battles that he should have won. I can only assume that he didn't attack if he had < 50% odds of winning.

One tactical situatation that I used to my advantage was that the English fleet started spread out around Europe and Africa while mine was concentrated primarily in two areas. Then, Churchill split up his fleet in the English German Channel to go submarine hunting leaving the ships that were left there a bit vulnerable. Before this English submarine-killing side mission, the kill/loss ratio was close to 50% with our navies trading blows back and forth.

Finally, the English and German fishermen were getting fed up with English destoyers running over their nets so they banded together and sunk several ships with explosives smuggled into their cargo holds.

I'm sure that there are still quite a few English destoyers, cruisers, carriers and transports still lurking around the map. :mischief:

Played and sent to Hirohito-san.

Interesting... yeah some good/sneaky general-ship by you. But that makes me believe that the "ENTIRE ENGLISH NAVY" was not destroyed, just though in and around the English Channel (we will call it what it is, regardless of temporary German occpancy.) I'm positive there will be more English navy ready to take back the area...

The Battles must have been fierce
No I may not have fought with those odds, I prefer a particular unit composition on attacks. Germany is using smart Tactics of Stealth and Movement but they know they must.:goodjob:
One tactical situation that I used to my advantage was that the English fleet started spread out around Europe and Africa while mine was concentrated primarily in two areas. Then, Churchill split up his fleet in the English German Channel to go submarine hunting leaving the ships that were left there a bit vulnerable. Before this English submarine-killing side mission, the kill/loss ratio was close to 50% with our navies trading blows back and forth.
A Diversion :confused:
Finally, the English and German fishermen were getting fed up with English destroyers running over their nets so they banded together and sunk several ships with explosives smuggled into their cargo holds.
The English would not do such a thing, this is German Propaganda
I'm sure that there are still quite a few English destroyers, cruisers, carriers and transports still lurking around the map :mischief:
:yup::trouble:

Stalin is worried about the fighting occuring near the Soviet eastern borders...

Sent to the British Empire...

Scary stack of doom floating around west of Manilla!

PS - how does one attach pics in the text so it doesn't always show up in the message as an attachment?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 144
Sent to the British Empire...

Scary stack of doom floating around west of Manilla!

PS - how does one attach pics in the text so it doesn't always show up in the message as an attachment?
After you start the post go to "go advance". Upload your pics to a site like
www.photobucket.com. Photobucket allows you to create folders for each game and is fairly easy to navigate.

after uploading your pics return to that folder and your pics will have an "IMG Code" for you to copy in your thread

Top Bottom