A few starting questions

Vorpal+5

Venturing in Erebus
Hi,

Awesome mod so far! Some questions if you have the patience.

1. Why colony screen has a 2-plots radius, does a building allows exploiting that in a later part of the game?

2. How favorable wind exactly work? Seems it's not a free move each time.

3. I wanted to have more Natives, so I have changed their yieldcost in xml from 100 to 25 (!), but they don't seem to be much more numerous than usual. Did I miss something, like a cost in food?

1) Exploit 2 plot radius: Get enough culture in your city to expand your civilization's boundary so you can unlock the 2 plot radius for harvest. (you can see this as a crown symbol when you hover over a town-hall or a tavern or shoolhouse..many other buildings produce culture) The top bar will show a crown symbol as well that shows how many turns it takes before you expand.
2) I believe you need a certain promotional upgrade that allows you to use favorable winds, not too sure. (EDIT: Sea Explorer gives you double movement in favorable winds)
3) Maybe try a greater difficulty level?
Otherwise, I'd imagine you would have changed the following in Civ4UnitInfos.xml.
<YieldCosts>
<YieldCost>
<YieldType>YIELD_HAMMERS</YieldType>
<iCost>100</iCost>
</YieldCost>
</YieldCosts>

Thanks! For (1) it works nicely... I was confused becaus RAR-extended proposes a 2 plot and a 1 plot radius version.

(3) Actually it seems to work and Plymouth has been badly chastised by hords of infuriated Natives. I don't get, its my land, why do they say it's their :)

Something irking on me, I got a Royal Expeditionary Force to help the king in a war against an European Nation. Are these units removed once the war is settled? Because it felt like cheating to me, the enemy was super far, so no threat but I could have used it to trash my European Neighbour.

In the end I preferred reloading the autosave...

No, These troops will not be removed once the war is settled. You can use them for other wars... :D

This is no cheating - the event is very rare. You should be happy to be able to use these troops...

This is no cheating - the event is very rare. You should be happy to be able to use these troops...

I have got the same Event in my game, I got a Royal Expeditionary Force to help the king in a war against the british king. But if I accept I declare war against british colonies or Player not against king. I don´t understand that.....

I don´t understand that.....

But that makes sense because of the reason, that colonial player and his King are one team (at least until the War of Independence).

When you are - for example - the ruler of French Colonies and it comes to the Event, you declare war (in the Name of your beloved King) to the British King and you have to fight then the British in the New Word: The British Colonies.

:)

But that makes sense because of the reason, that colonial player and his King are one team

Okay thats clear to me, I do understand that.
But is it generally possible to declare war or just fight any royal troops of other players????
If possible, it would be a nice feature to entering royal ships

Top Bottom