IMMENSE size 200x300

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=466433
there are written ENORMOUS and IMMENSE sizes but the biggest map I can see is gigantic, is my version outdated? SVN 9250

Nope, ur correct, WE will not be responsible for anyone having a bigger map size and trying to fix the problems anylonger . . .

If u want a SUPER map, just use Planet Generator, (i believe), it says it can override the map sizes??

hey:) I started game on gigantic, prehistoric era now, i will see how it is going to work in late eras, and then maybe try immense:D of course I would like biggest map with maybe one hundred AI players, but I was reading that CIV 4 can only use a few GB RAM

hey:) I started game on gigantic, prehistoric era now, i will see how it is going to work in late eras, and then maybe try immense:D of course I would like biggest map with maybe one hundred AI players, but I was reading that CIV 4 can only use a few GB RAM

If u play on Gigantic, u will not get hardly past Ren Era. . if that at all.

I play on Large map, with only 7 civs, and i can hardly make it to the Indus Era, without waaaay too much turn times .. . but ur the player, u do what u want . .

I am on Revision 8581 (Which was a surprisingly stable version after many MAF and graphics bugs which I am sure have all been fixed by now :p ) and started in January 2015 with my current game on the Eternity speed (14k turns), Deity, and Immense with 16 civs to start. I have been playing off and on since then and have just reached the Industrial Era. I have had to go into the editor to delete some problem stacks that cause the AI to due slow loops sometimes, but afterwards, turns take maybe 5 minutes worst case. With my unit moving, city management, and science gen, it takes about 2 days a decent playing to get through 35 turns.

While I am sad for the changes to smaller maps and quicker games, I can understand why they were changed. I still would be tempted to mod in the larger maps though, as I haven't had issues with playing them in archipelago/small islands.

Will I ever get to the end, I am guessing if I continued to play like this, it would probably take another 5 years at this rate.

Top Bottom