Great Galleass Question

werothegreat

Warlord
If I upgrade a Great Galleass into a Frigate, does it retain the lack of "can't melee attack" promotion? I.e., can these upgraded Frigates take cities?

I doubt it, given that you'd probably be re-assigned the promotion with the Frigate. The main thing is that it's not a promotion "Can Melee Attack", but rather the absence of a "Cannot Melee Attack" promotion, so there isn't anything to be retained upon upgrading

You mean the Great Galleass can range attach AND melee attack? Or is it only that it can take cities?

They can do both. Of course there is no reason to melee attack except for taking a city since the ranged attack is stronger and doesn't hurt them.

They can do both. Of course there is no reason to melee attack except for taking a city since the ranged attack is stronger and doesn't hurt them.

Except they cannot take cities (due to a bug?), so I have no idea why they can melee attack, since it gives little to no bonus... :confused:

Melee attacks are also useful for positioning. They lets you attack and then block an occupied tile in the same turn without relying on other units to clear the tile first.

Since the Great Galleass' official description doesn't mention it being able to melee attack, I'd assume it's just an interesting bug.

Top Bottom