Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
But as leoreth said, Paris deserves its BFC. If you put another city in that area, you will destroy Paris, Amsterdam, and Frankfort. I don't believe it is worth it to place Aachen, even though it was so important to Charlemagne, and the early HRE...

Well, an idea would be, to have Aachen, and then later have Berlin pop up and make Berlin the capital. You would then make Aachen turn into a village, and Berlin would get all of Aachen's buildings and culture. (transfer of power).

idk; food for thought, and yes its possible to do this, believe it or not :eek:

But Krakow definitely needs to be in. To all Poles, what is the oldest city in Poland?

Of course its possible, but it's not very reasonable. Everyone would be totally surprised about what's going on, and why does Germany should get this special treatment anyway? I don't think there's room for Aachen (and sadly any other Rhine city) in RFC, so these things can only be done in a modmod with a narrower scope, like RFCE.

Edit: I'm not a Pole, but wikipedia confirms my belief that it is indeed Krakow.

...and why does Germany should get this special treatment anyway?
Because I'm not yet that familiar with the other Civs ;)
I don't think there's room for Aachen (and sadly any other Rhine city) in RFC, so these things can only be done in a modmod with a narrower scope, like RFCE.
Actually, I always found Köln (and other cities quite close to others), and usually they're working quite well :king:
I don't think it's THAT big disadvantage, if you build cities with just one tile space between them, is it? (real question)

Of course its possible, but it's not very reasonable. Everyone would be totally surprised about what's going on, and why does Germany should get this special treatment anyway? I don't think there's room for Aachen (and sadly any other Rhine city) in RFC, so these things can only be done in a modmod with a narrower scope, like RFCE.

Edit: I'm not a Pole, but wikipedia confirms my belief that it is indeed Krakow.

Well I was going to say Germany should get special treatment, because your German, but w/e ;)

Anyway, fair enough, but I'm sure there are other mutually better Medieval HRE cities to be had as capitals. And anyway, would adding Aachen REALLY mess up Paris's economy? When I have time I'll try that out; I'll replace Frankfurt with Aachen, and we'll see what happens. Fair enough everyone?

PS. Following Fabe's map, where exactly should Aachen spawn? Sorry I'm not an expert at German geography, but I was planning to place it one tile North of where Frankfurt is currently, is that fair enough then?

And guys think about it; Lisbon-Madrid, their pretty close to each other, but they do fine. Perhaps adding Aachen, and just adding another resource around Paris, would be a better idea even.

Aachen/Köln should be spotted in the sharp bend of the Rhine, 1W of the marble. I really don't think, this will affect Paris that much, because I always settle Köln ;)
But again, just a suggestion :)

Well I was going to say Germany should get special treatment, because your German, but w/e ;)

Anyway, fair enough, but I'm sure there are other mutually better Medieval HRE cities to be had as capitals. And anyway, would adding Aachen REALLY mess up Paris's economy? When I have time I'll try that out; I'll replace Frankfurt with Aachen, and we'll see what happens. Fair enough everyone?

PS. Following Fabe's map, where exactly should Aachen spawn? Sorry I'm not an expert at German geography, but I was planning to place it one tile North of where Frankfurt is currently, is that fair enough then?

And guys think about it; Lisbon-Madrid, their pretty close to each other, but they do fine. Perhaps adding Aachen, and just adding another resource around Paris, would be a better idea even.
Lisbon-Madrid works because of the massive amount of seafood available to Lisbon

Lisbon-Madrid works because of the massive amount of seafood available to Lisbon

so.... Why not just replicate a similar situation like that, for the Rhine valley? And then, when the capital moves to Berlin, you can have some of the resources disappear like in SoI

so.... Why not just replicate a similar situation like that, for the Rhine valley? And then, when the capital moves to Berlin, you can have some of the resources disappear like in SoI
Probably because there are four cities instead of two involved in the equation, it's basically the The Multiple Body Problem of astronomy

Actually, I always found Köln (and other cities quite close to others), and usually they're working quite well :king:
I don't think it's THAT big disadvantage, if you build cities with just one tile space between them, is it? (real question)
I don't think so, especially in Europe where there are enough resources available, and you're of course free to found Köln/Aachen. But making it a preplaced city inside Germany's core means it's there in every game, and much more important, the German player can't even refuse the city, it simply flips to him. I don't know if that would be a good solution, it's better to found the city yourself if you like.

That's even more of a reason to be skeptic about everything concerning Germany. Bias is a dangerous thing ;)

According to the CityNameManager (and I agree here), Köln/Cologne is on the marble and Aachen/Aix-la-Chapelle 1W of it (although both cities are west of the Rhine in reality).

Aachen it's the city that france builds for no reason sometimes and then the netherlands spawn and flip it resulting in an instant declaration of war and bad relations for ever in the game. I laugh every time i see this city built, for I know the dutch are doomed.

I've never seen it be built actually....
I'll go test out the capital though, which shouldn't flip

In fact I go as far as founding aachen on purpose when playing as rome as it yields a 100% war between france and holland which i profit upon. There havent been cases of france not going to war with willem with aken, ever.
I call it The City of Lulz

lulz

I need to try that if my computer ever gets fixed.

Any update to the busted byzantium broohaha (city ruins glitch?)

Also, I have been thinking alot about games I might want to play when I get my computer back. Anyone have any interesting chain games, i.e. games you start as one civ and then change civs throughout history?

Is it normal for Germany to go like this :
Collapse, Revive 30 turns later, get conquered, revive 3 turns later, get conquered AGAIN, and then revive?

Seems they get stronger with each revive, too...

Why isn't the Gold Coast a yellow territory for Britain? 136 years. Br. Somaliland was held for 76 years. British Nigeria 160 years. Oman 100 years. Aden 128 years. Massive chunk of US (draw a line from Lake Winnipeg to the Gulf of Mexico, everything East of that line)

Why isn't the Gold Coast a yellow territory for Britain? 136 years. Br. Somaliland was held for 76 years. British Nigeria 160 years. Oman 100 years. Aden 128 years. Massive chunk of US (draw a line from Lake Winnipeg to the Gulf of Mexico, everything East of that line)

Agreed, these areas should be part of there zones.

Oh yeah, I can't believe I forgot to ask for the rest of Canada in the area, yeah even Québec (The British got it in 1763...)

Oh yeah, I can't believe I forgot to ask for the rest of Canada in the area, yeah even Québec (The British got it in 1763...)

well... technically they didn't build any cities there; it should be added to their war maps perhaps instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom