Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) maybe HRE during it's medieval, then during the renaissance change to be Austria. Prussia or Germany should be a new spawn. The name Germany "should" be a late name change for Prussia. I read Bizmark united Germany so, maybe when he spawns he should have some European conquest.

2) The Byzintines are not in the game! atleast have Greece like in RFCC change to Byzantium or have rome do it. That would leave you with an extra Civ to be playable (though I don't think many people play as Khmer...). Byzintine empire is the most important civ during the medieval era.

3) I don't have much imput at the moment. maybe afterwords.

though I don't think many people play as Khmer...

True, but they are actually quite fun to play (the UHV is let's say... uncommon). And don't you think the mod would get even more Euro-centered ? But I admit that playing Byzantium would be really fun.

Well, at least in the 600 AD scenario there are many dead civs whose slots could be used.

The Khmer will definitely stay in my scenario.

Are you suggesting to name the religion Confucianism but the temples etc. taoist temple?[/QUOTE

:lol: No, I'm just saying that you could use the same buildings, rename them and the religion to Confucism, and I'll be happy.

I also thought about that (in fact, I've already done it for Phoenicia, they get a settler at Carthage if controlled by the AI). Maybe I'll run some tests how it affects their city placements and Germany's behavior. Dynamic civ names are not dependent on capital location yet ... although this could be a nice later feature. I've also got a good Christian IV leaderhead to accompany this ;)

Well, I was thinking of the duel settlers even for the player, so they to have a choice if they want to be the the Danish (Copenhagen) or Swedish (Oslo) vikings. I agree with everything else, though.

As stated above, I would love to play as the Byzantines myself, but such changes aren't easy. It takes a multitude of tweaks to change, say, Khmer into Byzantium for every aspect of the game. See what it takes to balance Netherlands correctly, and they only changed their spawn date.

I envisioned them to spawn in 335 AD with the following UHVs:
- control Italy and Egypt by 800 AD (historical 550 AD isn't doable)
- make Constantinople the most cultured and populous city of the world in 1000 AD
- never lose a city to Arabia and control Anatolia in 1500 AD

I'd rather drop the ahistorical goal (I think it's the first one, due to Byzantium not have actual control of Italy in 800 AD) with something Turk related, like "Vassalize, Control, or collaspe the Ottomans by X AD".

No, I'm just saying that you could use the same buildings, rename them and the religion to Confucism, and I'll be happy.
I'm game for that as long as you name it Neo-Confucianism.:)
There were many competing views within the Neo-Confucian community, but overall, a system emerged that resembled both Buddhist and Taoist (Daoist) thought of the time and some of the ideas expressed in the Book of Changes (I Ching) as well as other yin yang theories associated with the Taiji symbol (Taijitu). A well known Neo-Confucian motif is paintings of Confucius, Buddha, and Lao Tzu all drinking out of the same vinegar jar, paintings associated with the slogan "The three teachings are one!"

If you do add the Byzantine Empire, I think you should move the Ottoman spawn to Turkistan like Corossal did.

No, I'm just saying that you could use the same buildings, rename them and the religion to Confucism, and I'll be happy.
And what about the cathedral? I can't have two Confucian Academies around.

I think I won't change anything to Taoism just to watch the arguments ensue :p

I'd rather drop the ahistorical goal (I think it's the first one, due to Byzantium not have actual control of Italy in 800 AD) with something Turk related, like "Vassalize, Control, or collaspe the Ottomans by X AD".
That's actually the historical one (aside from the date). Byzantium reconquered large parts of the Roman Empire during Justinian's wars of reconquest. It happened around 550 AD, though, which is impossible when you spawn in the 4th century.
Resisting Arabian attacks and still being in control of Anatolia in 1500 AD sounds ahistorical enough to me. :)

If you do add the Byzantine Empire, I think you should move the Ottoman spawn to Turkistan like Corossal did.
I'm not sure if that's a good idea, as I want the Turks to have a high chance to create the Ottoman Empire. Corossol is able to achieve that with his leader spawn feature, but I don't plan to add something like that. I'm considering a 1070 spawn at Malazgirt/Mantzikert, though.

And don't you think the mod would get even more Euro-centered ?

Well that's just the problem. But who could we take out for the 3000BC start?

Also, in the 600AD start would Byzantium be playble? Or are they gonna be independant like in the regular RFC?

Well what about the Mayans or the Incans. Maybe one of those could be substituted for Byzantium. But if there is the problem with the byzintines maybe just resort to using Greece or Rome.

I'm thinking of using the Maya in 3000 BC and Greece in 600 AD (they have the advantage of a suitable settler and stability map).

By the way: Version 1.1 is up. So new Netherlands are playable for the UHV! :)

I'm thinking of using the Maya in 3000 BC and Greece in 600 AD (they have the advantage of a suitable settler and stability map).

I was just thinking that the Greek Stability, Settler, and War map, is almost perfect for it(but I remember the 'Playable Byzantine' Crew had a problem with the Byzantines holding their Colonies in Africa).

By the way: Version 1.1 is up. So new Netherlands are playable for the UHV! :)

Yes!

I was just thinking that the Greek Stability, Settler, and War map, is almost perfect for it(but I remember the 'Playable Byzantine' Crew had a problem with the Byzantines holding their Colonies in Africa).
That's good actually, cause I don't want the Byzantines to outlast the 15th century. Even the player may have an inevitable collapse coming down on him, as this was something the real Byzantines also had to deal with (see 1071 and 1204).

That's good actually, cause I don't want the Byzantines to outlast the 15th century. Even the player may have an inevitable collapse coming down on him, as this was something the real Byzantines also had to deal with (see 1071 and 1204).

Yep!:) Though will the arabs or the turks always attack Byzantium? I was reading that there were continuous raids throughout the middle ages, until finally the turks took over in 1453.

The inevitable collaps makes the game funner, certainly for experianced players.:goodjob:

well a new modmod is out. It's a playable Byzintine empire in 610 AD!

When I start the scenarios, I don't have any, and then I have no leaders, and it says it can't read the worldbuilder file.

Are there map files in the PublicMaps folder? Did you try to re-download the files?

Anybody else got this problem? For me everything works ...

my extraction tool says that the file is broken.

Yeah, just re-downloaded and 7-zip won't finish the extraction because of a .dds is broken(not sure what it means, other than it's broken and obviously won't work).

Although I had to laugh, when I saw the Downloading pop-ups(when the file downloads).

EDIT: Works now(not sure what happened then though).

I switched to a free upload server, because strategyinformer didn't allow me to reupload new updates. Please ignore any ads :p

Still don't know what's up with the file. I think I'll upload it again.

I re-downloaded and it worked. There may have been a server glitch before. Great mod! I have to say that so far, Turkey is my favorite civ so far.
The Dutch is impossible,and the English are a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom