What is your favorite mod?

For me it has to be RED Modpack.

It changes every unit in each civ to give them a unique look. Now that I use it I can't even imagine using the generic look that the game gives to each unit.

I'm working on my own.

1. It includes Buffed AI for BNW http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=504220 which in turn includes SMART-AI mod of Ninakoru

2. It also includes changing natural wonder requirement to fixed number (I found someone who had implemented that in one of the mods of the month for Civ V, but I changed the exact numbers around. For instance National Vistor Center requires fixed 4 cities with Hotels but both Heroic Epic & NIA only require the base building in the city your building the national wonder itself.

3. It included the minor nerf to salt mod (one less base food to salt, but Granary adds it back) which I got the idea from a post on how overpowered salt was.

4. It includes Stone works can be built on Plains. (Many mods have this)

5. It includes Plantations on Bananas do NOT remove a hammer.

6. It includes Observatory only requires nearby mountain (2 tiles) [Found that idea from a mod]

7. It includes Lighthouse gives 1 food to fresh water lakes. (I got the basic idea from a mod but I changed the building and also downsized it a bit)

8. Several ancient era buildings maintenance free.

9. Neither Lancers nor UUs based on it require Horses

10. Five of the city state quests disabled. (The dumb ones that are too easy to fill)

I used to play with InfoAddict and it was easily my favorite mod for CiV.

It provided granular details charted over time and made diplomacy so much easier to manage. I found it especially handy when approached by a civ offering a trade or declaration of any sort.

I'm new to this forum and unsure what the consensus is on mods like this. I'm doing better at keeping track of everything I can each and every turn these days, and there is some appeal to micromanaging on that level.

On the other hand, a world leader probably shouldn't have to make spot decisions relying only on his or her fallible memory. If that hasn't been true in RL, then perhaps it should be a tech one could research? And / or scale over time so that access and accuracy increase with each age, possibly enabled or enhanced via espionage?

Seems like the espionage aspect of the game is a bit thin regardless, so this could be a way to make it more useful, interactive, and engaging.

The REd modpacks are a close favourite and the Mod that gets rid of GDR and xCOM is the number one mod I couldn`t play Civ without.

Info Addict is useful to see exactly what is going on and to evaluate your performance over time
WHoward's UI - Trade Opportunities is very useful when you want to see what civ has what luxury
WHoward's Religion - Fixed Prophets is self explanitory
WHoward's Global - Archaeologist Dig Sites is soo useful when the AI has put an improvement over a dig site(you wont be able to see it) this will still show them up

The R.E.D. mods, especially the R.E.D. Modpack. My mods :mischief:, most of which I am still working on, but I probably won't release them cause they aren't that good :( . But I like IGE and Anno Domini or RED WWII if I want a good scenario.

I use
-unlimited xp from barbarians
-capured settler is still settler not worker
-info addict
-reseed
-map pins

i don't like to use too many dynamic altering mods because it feels like cheating but i realise that may not be the feeling of others.

My favorite mod will be the one that makes barbarians even more raginger and stronger, but not to a completely ridiculous level. Unfortunately, it hasn't been built yet.

Reform and Rule, hands down. Before this mod I had an opinion on which social trees were terrible wastes of time. Now I can use any of them as they support varied playstyles.

Honestly, I don't really have a favorite mod since I have such a limited variety of mods around. The mods don't really impress me though since I hardly use them at all. Im not even playing hard to impress, I'm saying that there so many mods around that getting down to a favorite in mods isn't always possible. I could tell you which mods I have downloaded a few mods though..

Top Bottom