Random Resource Placemnet with fixed Latitudes

capman

Sea Dog
Hello

I'm trying to control how resources are placed on the european map in the renaissance scenario from the gods and kings expansion. Basicially no more citrus fruit growing near the poles.

You can specify MaxLatitude and MinLatitude for each resource in the file CIV5Resources.xml. Lets say citrus fruit only grows below 50 degrees. However this does not work in the game or in CivBuilder with the Scatter Resources function.

Because I also have the Brave New World expansion there is more than one CIV5Resources.xml. Which one do I have to change to make this work?

Any help would be appreciated.

capman

These come under the "good idea, never implemented" category.

To use these, you'd need to modify the resource placement method(s) in the AssignStartingPlots.lua file

These come under the "good idea, never implemented" category.

To use these, you'd need to modify the resource placement method(s) in the AssignStartingPlots.lua file

Okay. So you're saying that these latitude entries are not used anywhere? Didn't find a reference in a lua file.

For that scenario there is a lua file named Europe_Scenario.lua with a method named PlaceLuxuries().

But I think the more interesting one is in AssignStartingPlots.lua named AssignLuxuryToRegion() which above method uses.

Somehow a map is divided into regions with one region type (plains, tundra, etc) and such a region can be assigned a luxury resource.

There is a random function call at the end which decides which resource wins. But the code determining the resource candidates would have to be based on the coordinates of the region too. The table regionData seems to have the south west coords for the region.

I'm new to lua ;)

Anybody willing to write the code?

Top Bottom