Ruins mod help

Fr33dan

Chieftain
I hate the "Advanced Weaponry" upgrade from ruins so finally decided to mod the game to remove it. I found good guide, it seemed fairly simple, and did it quickly. I used SQL to remove the upgrade from the GoodyHuts table like such:

Code:
DELETE FROM GoodyHuts
WHERE UpgradeUnit=1

I created a custom map where I start surrounded by ruins to test it and discovered some strange behavior. While I never get the upgrade goody, sometimes I don't get any goody at all. When I do, any subsequent ruins no longer display the dialog showing what I got even if I do get a bonus.

I figure it's probably something very simple an experienced modder will know right away but I don't have any clues what to do.

whoward69 said:
Trying to guess what you may or may not have done based on your descriptions is nigh on impossible. Please zip your mod (the one in the MODS sub-directory, not the ModBuddy project) and attach it to your post so we can read the actual files.
whoward's logging tutorial - check the database.log for error after enabling and trying the mod again
whoward's mod attachment tutorial

I would be of more help if I actually knew the specifics of editing goody huts, but honestly I've seen anyone attempt it before.

But kudos! You're one of very, very few newcomers to the forum who notice the
Code:
 blocks! :thumbsup: Keep using them, it makes code approximately many times easier to read.

[SIZE="1"]Personally, I like the advanced weaponry[/SIZE]

whoward's logging tutorial - check the database.log for error after enabling and trying the mod again
whoward's mod attachment tutorial
Sending me in the direction of logging actually was enough to help me solve my problem. There was another reference to it in the HandicapInfo xml file. Tried 30 or so ruins and no issues so far. I've attached a now working copy since why not.

But kudos! You're one of very, very few newcomers to the forum who notice the
Code:
 blocks! :thumbsup: Keep using them, it makes code approximately many times easier to read.[/QUOTE]
Ha, I may be new to this forum, but I've been using code blocks longer than I can remember.

[quote="AgressiveWimp, post: 13462947"]
[SIZE="1"]Personally, I like the advanced weaponry[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
I mean it's not terrible, but bumping my warrior onto another upgrade path messes with my long term plans. I want bonuses that help my plans go faster not change them.

Attachments

• Remove Advanced Weaponry (v 1).zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 192
I think it's better to do the following:
Code:
DELETE FROM HandicapInfo_Goodies
WHERE GoodyType = 'GOODY_UPGRADE_UNIT';

This should probably solve your problem with empty goody huts.

Or without fixing the GoodyType but using the desired Goody Hut feature

Code:
DELETE FROM HandicapInfo_Goodies
  WHERE GoodyType IN
    (SELECT Type FROM GoodyHuts WHERE UpgradeUnit=1);

Top Bottom