MOO2Civ

Decided to play a game with the latest version on Epic speed (not sure why I never tried that before; all playtesting has been done on Normal speed) and used the Antaran I scenario for that, playing as the Psilons on Standard level. After 200+ turns I haven´t noticed any significant differences. Got into a really early war with the Klackons (I had just founded my first colony, so that wasn´t producing much), who decided to try and capture my homeworld - and failed. Oddly, soon after the Bulrathi joined in, but I could ignore them as they were nowhere near (one of those AI flukes where they decide to make war on a civ that´s way out there...) I´m usually really late with Battleships, because Invasion Ship IIs are fairly easy to get early, and it was about this time that I was building my first. (I had found a couple of Destroyers while exploring, but lost both of them in the battle at my homeworld.) So when I had 2 extra Invasion Ship IIs, I sent them off towards Klackon territory, navigating carefully so as to avoid any Destroyers (since they don´t have defensive capabilities). I destroyed the first colony and captured the second. (In retrospect I might have preferred capturing the first, as the second turned out to have 0 production on its food planet, but I din´t have Marines on board, so that wasn´t an option; since I didn´t want to get behind colonizing I needed my Marines on my 3rd colony.) By the time they lost their second colony the Klackons had had enough and offered peace. Now my first colony was founded near Meklon, because it had 2 resources nearby I wanted. Unfortunately the Meklars had the same idea, so my Starbase ended up controlling neither resource (so I´d done better to wait with building it until the Meklars had done so, but oh, well...). Since the resources were 1 health and 1 happy one I was now in the predicament of needing to wipe the Meklars out (which I was planning to do when the Klackons decided to throw some ships at me). Well, sure enough the Bulrathi had agreed to restore peace, so I was free to go after the Meklars, using 4 Invasion Ship IIs this time. I took out most of their defenders (which included a Bomber), but failed to conquer their homeworld on the first try, as they just finished a Battleship there. So I took my invasion force out of range to repair and added a 5th for good measure; returning the odds were not good but the combined Invasion Ships had no trouble taking out the defending Battleship, so all good. :)

I hadn´t lost a single ship so after dumping my Marines on Meklon I sent my force on to the next Meklar colony. The campaign went well, except for one thing: apparently they had founded 1 additional colony I hadn´t been able to locate. (By this time 2 more races had declared war on them.) While I had a Scout ship looking for that last elusive colony, I suddenly noticed that annoying Starbase had disappeared, because one of their other adversaries had taken their last colony. :D

As for long term developments, I had been steadily expanding and researching (getting Research Lab first, so I founded the first Value as well), so that by turn 100 I was well in the lead, and had no trouble to maintain this til past turn 200. Around turn 100 the first Alien ships were beginning to make trouble: Invasion Ships at first mostly, but pretty soon Destroer IIs were appearing. Now I mentioned earlier I´m usually late with Battleships. That´s in part, because you need a Capital Shipyard to build them, and especially in the early game that takes up a lot of production time I´d rather use for expanding. To compensate I usually go for Armor to up the measly Marine defense of my colonies. In this particular game however, I was also late with Battleoids, because I noticed the Humans going for Stock Exchange. I notice that more often than not, but most of the times there´s no way I can get there first; this time however my colonies were sufficiently built up to beat them to both that and the next advance, so I was able to found Religion. Which was good, because I still had only 1 health and 1 happyness resource.

Going back to the main game, around turn 200 an Elerian fleet appeared next to one of my colonies, and sure enough next turn they tried capturing the system. They failed, seriously crippling their fleet, but all my defenders were damaged by the Invasion Ships (level I only) and 1 Marine was killed, so I added 1 extra to the build list. This time I was researching Battleoids, meaning the Marine was replaced by a Battleoid and not ready for 4 more turns. The Elerians decided to attack one more time, losing another ship and then withdrew. It being an outlying colony I had dispensed with sending reinforcements, trusting the defenders would manage on their own. so I prepared an invasion fleet of my won to retaliate - which, frankly, I didn´t seriously want to do, because of the distance to their colonies and the increased Alien activity (by now Battleships were commonly appearing). Well, after a number of turns with no further Elerian threats they finally decided peace was better. Which was good, because the Klackons were much closer to my colonies (they also hadn´t stopped colonizing, obviously), and I wasn´t quite finished with them... :mischief:

At which point I am now at turn 240 with my invasion force ready to invade the first colony. So that´s all for now. ;)

Just uploaded:

MOO2Civ 5.3: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=19066

This is my final upload for MOO2Civ. As I announced when starting this thread, I would be unable to complete the mod on my own. As contributions from co-modders have stopped during the last half year, and I find myself without the time to continue working on MOO2Civ, I´ve decided to upload the mod as it is now in its most complete version, just in case anybody wants to continue work on it. To this end I´ve included a file containing the various units Woodelf made and which I never got around to implementing (my avatar shows one example of Woodelf´s units).

In addition the file contains 4 more Antaran scenarios (to complement the ones included in v. 5.2).

So, goodbye to all that and I hope you enjoy. ;)

Thank you JEELEN for all your hard work! :D

JosEPh :)

Well thanks. :hatsoff:
Unfortunately I noticed an annoying bug when playing the Darloks in the Antaran I (Spiral) scenario: the infamous can´t-build-building-when-capturing-a-star-system bug, which I thought was eliminated ages ago. It didn´t show up during playtesting, obviously, but I also haven´t found what´s causing it again after being absent so long. So it looks like I may have to upload another patch... :rolleyes:

Hello,

i tried the mod and it's working, but there is something i don't understand. I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended. It is a bit difficult to describe ...

When i start a game and build a ship and leave my starting solarsystem for the first time my computer stops for almost 10 seconds and the sound appears as if i would have accessed a wreckage. Then a lot of messages and strange things appear.

I meet all other civs. Huge areas of the map are explored instantly. I have now several ships under my control all over the map (Scouts, Colony Ships mainly). A lot of Techs are researched and my credits are now more than 1000 and my Score is about 800 points.

I dont know ... but it seems as if almost all wreckages on the map have been explored at once for me.

This happened now 3 times !? Is that intention? If yes ... why? oO

I hope i have described the problem well enough, i'm not english native speaker. Perhaps u can help me.

Thank u! :)

That sounds like an old bug that has the effect that matches having your unit land on every plot on the map. All the units, techs, gold, and such are from getting every goody hut/wreckage on the map.

I think it is wormhole related. There is the same problem talked about starting at post 15 of this thread here. Also, post 9 of this thread.

Hello,

i tried the mod and it's working, but there is something i don't understand. I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended. It is a bit difficult to describe ...

When i start a game and build a ship and leave my starting solarsystem for the first time my computer stops for almost 10 seconds and the sound appears as if i would have accessed a wreckage. Then a lot of messages and strange things appear.

I meet all other civs. Huge areas of the map are explored instantly. I have now several ships under my control all over the map (Scouts, Colony Ships mainly). A lot of Techs are researched and my credits are now more than 1000 and my Score is about 800 points.

I dont know ... but it seems as if almost all wreckages on the map have been explored at once for me.

This happened now 3 times !? Is that intention? If yes ... why? oO

I hope i have described the problem well enough, i'm not english native speaker. Perhaps u can help me.

Thank u! :)

That sounds like an old bug that has the effect that matches having your unit land on every plot on the map. All the units, techs, gold, and such are from getting every goody hut/wreckage on the map.

I think it is wormhole related. There is the same problem talked about starting at post 15 of this thread here. Also, post 9 of this thread.

I checked both threads, and as I recall there was a problem with the Enclosed Space mapscript. (What I don´t recall is if there´s a solution for it.) Anyway, that was part of the reason I made the custom Antaran scenarios. They use the same idea, that Antares is located in some enclosed space that can only be reached via a Wormhole. I´ve thoroughly playtested all Antaran scenarios, and encountered no wormhole related bug.

So if you tried the Enclosed Space mapscript, that may be it (but you don´t say, so it´s hard to say anything more specific about it). I left it in v. 5.3, because 5.3 contains all work done so far on the mod, as it says on the Download page, in case anyone wants to continue work on it.

Now i have uninstalled and re-installed Civ4 and the Mod in a different folder and it works now ... the bug does not appear again. I'm not sure what the problem was ... but i can say that the problem always appeared and with different map settings (spiral galaxy, enclosed space etc.).

Some technical infos for the mod designer about my configuration:

- Win 7 (64bit), 16gb Ram, 4x3,0 GHZ AMD CPU, Radeon HD5770 GPU.
- Civ 4 Ultimate Edition
- BTS 3.19
- English language (of course)
- No other custom CIV4 Components, except Modpacks (MOO2Civ, Babylon5 Mod, Conflict on Chiron)

I'm happy that it works now and i had the chance to play the mod for a while. All in all it is good, but there are some aspects, that i dont really like. Especially the huge amount of researches and technologies make it difficult to filter out what is usefull and necessary to proceed well. All this unit upgrades as an own research are maybe a bit too much. I think i like more the usual Civ research style ... having a new tech researched each 4 or 5 turns.

I also got these savegame scenarios working, but i experienced, that the game runs dramatically slower with them. The turns take longer to proceed than in a custom game, are there special things, that have to be calculated when finishing my turn?

Thank you for your work, the mod is good, but maybe need some finetuning :)

Now i have uninstalled and re-installed Civ4 and the Mod in a different folder and it works now ... the bug does not appear again. I'm not sure what the problem was ... but i can say that the problem always appeared and with different map settings (spiral galaxy, enclosed space etc.).

Well, it probably was an install problem then. Glad to see you got it working. ;)

I'm happy that it works now and i had the chance to play the mod for a while. All in all it is good, but there are some aspects, that i dont really like. Especially the huge amount of researches and technologies make it difficult to filter out what is usefull and necessary to proceed well. All this unit upgrades as an own research are maybe a bit too much. I think i like more the usual Civ research style ... having a new tech researched each 4 or 5 turns.

I also got these savegame scenarios working, but i experienced, that the game runs dramatically slower with them. The turns take longer to proceed than in a custom game, are there special things, that have to be calculated when finishing my turn?

Thank you for your work, the mod is good, but maybe need some finetuning :)

Thanks - and you´re probably right.;)

As per the tech tree: it has been extended considerably to reflect the techs available in Master of Orion; if you ever played MoO, MoO II or III, you may remember that it contains a vast tech tree, which you can´t (nor need) to research all - except if you´re Psilon, who can research all. The easiest way to see which (next) tech you want is to regularly check your research (shortcut F7).

I´m not quite sure why the scenarios should take longer gameturns... The Spiral Galaxy gamesaves are Large, but Antaran I-IV are Huge maps. Like the Enclosed Space mapscript they also contain Antares, meaning there´s some additional barbarian units on them.

Downloaded M002Civ3.0 and got an error message stating Flie contains invalid data.
BTS location is F:\Games\Firaxis\Civ IV\Beyound The Sword

Your using 3.0 and not 5.0 patched to 5.3? Version 3.0 is most likely pre BtS Official Patch 3.19.

Plus,
F:\Games\Firaxis\Civ IV\Beyound The Sword

Don't you mean F:\Games\Firaxis\Civ IV\Beyound The Sword\Mods ? It goes in the Mod folder with all the other Mods that comes with BtS. And the path should look more like this:F:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods.

Are you using CiY IV Complete, or Regular CiV IV with the Expansion Pack BtS?

JosEPh

Sorry mistyped should be Moo2Civ5.3.
using Regular Civ IV with expansion Pack BTS.
Click on installer Moo2Civ5.3, it runs and i get the error message File contains invalid data.

Well, that´s weird, because I checked the installer and it installed fine with me... (It´s the version I have installed now.) Have you tried re-installing?

I downloaded 5.1 but as soon as I try and run the exe I get an "This file contains invalid data." message. Did you create it on a 62-bit machine? Win7 for example. I have XP.

Top Bottom