Requesting following features

That's... weird. Ask Asaf, maybe?

Attachments

• jamie.gif
    jamie.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 38
I did it EXACTLY like that! Are you using version 3? can you send me yours in a .zip please?

actualy what patch is your beyond the sword? 3.19?

I'm using v3 of Asaf's mod with BtS v3.19. I sent you "my mod".

maybee I need to patch my game for it to work i am not 3.19...

yer must be because your mod you sent me doesn't work... If I download the patch will it affect any of my mods?

Huh? Not using the latest version of BtS? :eek2:

I don't know I went on advanced->about this build and it didn't say 3.19 and then when i did check for updates it said 319

I think I tried to install it once and failed :lol:

If I download from here then what will it do and will all of my mods in the mod folder be deleted?

You need to download the update manually and run the installer.

If you're worried - backup any work that is important to you. But I wouldn't think updating will delete any mods.

I installed your files and added the DLL to the mix. The scenario launches and the powers code works (I tested Carthage).

edit: You should add this to your WBS file:
Code:
	ModPath=Mods\Jamie'sRome1.3
You could also change the name of the mod/folder. (To "JamieRome13" or something, just to avoid issues with incompatibility and general confusion. Right now your mod folder actually has a file extension - the number 3 - which seems suboptimal.)

is post 169 talking about fixing my error by changing the name?

No, just a suggestion. Because I (almost) ran into some trouble with the current name.

Did you update your game yet? Because its working for me...

I've completely rewritten the Rebels mod-comp, by the way. :D It does what we agreed upon earlier - only more efficiently - and adds a dynamic in-game text message. I'm sure you will be able to come up with more features and tweaks also. I haven't tested any of it yet, though.

I was actually thinking about expanding Rebels into a mod of itself. With several different types of rebellions, like ethnic, slave, political, religious and so on. So basically any negative modifier in a city would make it a candidate for a rebellion. These rebellions could also have unique names, be limited in time or offer some sort of reward if handled in a swift manner. Or you could perhaps negotiate with the rebels in order to get them to put down their arms. Like grant independence, change a civic, change state religion, or what have you.

But chances are I'm just gonna get carried away and start working on my planned political oppositions mod instead. :rolleyes"

sounds great! I spent most of yesterday making formulas after an engineering lesson at school. It clicked to me that power should get less effective the further it is away from the plant. So, I thought of a way to make it so that you could only build 1 plant and constructed some equations and a spreadsheet to calculate values... It uses multipliers to do 'Compound depreciation' and makes it so that for every tile you go away from the plant you lose 9% production bonus or whatever so that at the furthest you could get away you only get a 0.1% production boost with power... I'm planning to make that into some sort of mod comp in the future... :D

Ok I was right! It was the fact it was not 3.19. It works perfectly, I love the AAARRRRGHHHH! that will stay there perminently! The only one i'm not sure works is Gaul because I can't really tell... so can you check that one out?

I haven't tried different languages. Also I was wondering wther you could make the Roman, Egyptian and Germanic powers in python instead of me using buildings seeing though everything else is... the egyptian gives +1 :commerce:, :food: and :hammers: now...

What will you need to merge the comandeering feature with the rest and we can do The J's feature when he is finished (maybee he should talk to asaf about expanding the DLL if he needs it)

I guess I should test the rebels what should I do with it?

Are we going to set to work on the Forest Catapult Construction then? :D

Glad to see things start coming together :)

The only one i'm not sure works is Gaul because I can't really tell... so can you check that one out?

Is Gaul the one with cities on hills get +10% defense bonus?

Just build a city with the Gaul on a hill, and a city not on a hill and see that it works (you should be able to see that both on the map and in the city screen).

BTW, Baldyr - I forgot to check this in your code - you do remove this bonus when city get taken by someone else, right?

What will you need to merge the comandeering feature with the rest and we can do The J's feature when he is finished (maybee he should talk to asaf about expanding the DLL if he needs it)
I thought The_J only did Python work for your mod...

Oh. Maybe I can come up with something. I'll think about it (maybe tomorrow or the day after that).

The only one i'm not sure works is Gaul because I can't really tell... so can you check that one out?
I've already told you, and now Asaf has also: Just build a Gallic city on a hill. Then switch players (alt + z) and take that city. When you build the city there should be a +10% label displayed, and when you take it should go away. But you of course need to make sure it always works and that the code is reliable. Like that when the Gaul retake a previously lost hill site the bonus will return. Every time. This is what play-testing is for. :p

Also I was wondering wther you could make the Roman, Egyptian and Germanic powers in python instead of me using buildings seeing though everything else is... the egyptian gives +1 :commerce:, :food: and :hammers: now...
It depends. I believe that Asaf enabled the methods to do the Roman and Germanic ones, but there still is nothing that adds yields to riverside tiles. Or I could perhaps use the Highlands terrain improvement code I did for you the other week. (Just change the code to add/subtract terrain type yields instead of adding/removing improvements.) But if Asaf can make something up for riverside tiles directly... :mischief:

Just send me the .py files and I'll get it working. It should only be a matter of merging a few lines in CvEventManager but doing it myself is about 20 times more time efficient than to explain how to go about doing it. Plus I will be able to test that it works myself.

For the time being you could just test the two sets of code separately.

I guess I should test the rebels what should I do with it?
I actually already made a whole new Rebels mod-comp for you. :goodjob: I'll just have to test it first. Once I'm done I'll send you the files, all setup and ready to use (well, test).

This would probably best be implemented in the SDK (Asaf...? :mischief:) but I guess a Python work-around would also be possible. But you basically need to figure out how to add a new unit action, with button and all. You probably wanna use a Worker animation for your Legion (or whatever) units building the catapults also. So start with the XML, art and animations. Someone should be able to help you out with the programming part once you're done...

The_J is having trouble with his feature and you may be able to supply him with the means to make it work...

What will the Defence bonus be shown as? tile defence, city defence?

does everybody understand the catapult contruction fully?

The Gallic power adds to the city defense bonus. Its displayed in plain sight over the city name label. You can't miss it. Just try it, will you. :p

mmm I was planning on just using the fortify animation instead of all the palava of making the worker animations... maybee if sabiotlieh was to walk around these parts we could get a more definitive answer for the unit abilities.... I know that the roman's advanced swordsman has worker animations included as it was originaly made to dig roads etc...

Top Bottom