Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok remove byzantines and add aborigens and delete Sumeria version ...

Can we have 500 turn randomized ?

You keep requesting....that's why I proposed that civ-pack.
I won't swap Byzantines for Poland in the main mod for 2 reasons:
-Byzantines are more important than Poland, and I don't agree with the vision of them as "being the same as the Romans".
-I don't have 2 UUs for the Byzantines. Same for Aborigens, Australia, Sumeria. Khmer, Mali, and all the civs I won't consider for the Xpack.

IF ! Byzantines have Dromon and Cataphract ;) !

Errr... But the Byzantine empire started off as the Eastern Roman Empire... The West fell, and the East held, creating the Byznatine empire.
In cramped up europe, having a civ that encroaches on two major historical empires (Rome and Ottomans) is a problem and an obstruction to the historical accuracy.

Errr...
I know very well. But they are enough different. The Roman empire has nothing to do with the empire that continued to exist for 1 thousand years. That was a mix of culture, right. Few is shared with Italy.

Rhye,

I did those changes because I felt Greece and Egypt in Ancient times were more powerful nations. I also did that to give Greece a better chance at Colossus and Egypt a better chance at Pyramids... Im not saying its great...but hey maybe someone will like the alternitive version?

tacfun

I'll try (when I come back) to use the negative resources some more, making Greece, Egypt and other middle-eastern very powerful early and then remove some food/shields/commerce.
But it's not easy to do that. Some civs could never recover if they're stealed too much space.

Have a good trip Rhye. btw, timeline works well now as far as years, still a question why some AI civs unable to keep up with techs by the end though.

Have a good trip Rhye!!

tacfun

PS..Looking forward to the changes.

Please can I have some feedback from the people that have downloaded my .BIQ file of Rhyes mod? What about the 500 turn version Rhye??

Rhye said:
You keep requesting....that's why I proposed that civ-pack.
I won't swap Byzantines for Poland in the main mod for 2 reasons:
-Byzantines are more important than Poland, and I don't agree with the vision of them as "being the same as the Romans".
-I don't have 2 UUs for the Byzantines. Same for Aborigens, Australia, Sumeria. Khmer, Mali, and all the civs I won't consider for the Xpack.
Here is a Byzantine Cataphract by Utahjazz7, a perfect second UU for the Byzantines.

If you take out a civ to put the Poles in, the Portuguese and Dutch seem like better choices to be removed. Neither one has much space, and I can't think of a second UU for the Portuguese at all. (Dutch could probably have some sort of ship.)

Anyway, these are just suggestions. Just make sure you don't get stuck doing too many versions and taking years and years for your updates like certain other World Map mods. ;)

Rhye said:
Errr...
I know very well. But they are enough different. The Roman empire has nothing to do with the empire that continued to exist for 1 thousand years. That was a mix of culture, right. Few is shared with Italy.
I realize there is a big difference culturally, the thing is that the Byzantines take up space that should be occupied by the Greeks at first, then the romans, then the Byzzies for a millennium, and then the Ottomans for the rest of the game.
It would come out more correct hostorically if the Greeks take the place first, then the Romans grab it and stay for a logn while, then the Ottomans finally take it and keep it.

Everyone, this is funny...In my modified version I posted a page back Im playing a game and its going very well for everyone and Im ROME by-the-way! Anyways, the Chiense have been DESTROYER in 310BC??...Dam I wonder who did it? This game I have going is very intreging...Byzzies attacked me right off the start pretty much...Nice little war. We ended at a draw...On with the game.

tacfun

Jaguar said:
Here is a Byzantine Cataphract by Utahjazz7, a perfect second UU for the Byzantines.

If you take out a civ to put the Poles in, the Portuguese and Dutch seem like better choices to be removed. Neither one has much space, and I can't think of a second UU for the Portuguese at all. (Dutch could probably have some sort of ship.)

Anyway, these are just suggestions. Just make sure you don't get stuck doing too many versions and taking years and years for your updates like certain other World Map mods. ;)

Sorry I meant to say I HAVE the 2nd UU for the Byzantines (the Cataphract obviously), while I haven't for the civs I said.
Every of the 31 civs now in have their 2nd UU. I wouldn't know instead what to give to Poles, even the 1st unit.

Rye, in my modified .BIQ...170 A.D. Egyptians built the Pyramids with those 2 hills there. I just need to do some tech tweaking. I believe Im onto something with my modified version of your mod.

tacfun

tacfun said:
Rye, in my modified .BIQ...170 A.D. Egyptians built the Pyramids with those 2 hills there. I just need to do some tech tweaking. I believe Im onto something with my modified version of your mod.

tacfun

IN my last test they built the Pyramids. Without the hills (there are no hills there)

Rhye, I do understand that but Im using the Hills as a place where they got the stones from. Like there is no way we can make this 100% true to life but Im just trying to make it as fun as possible.

My next version coming out shortly is going to be even better. Just doing a couple more tweaks.

tacfun

Rhye, if you don't like the Byzantine Cataphract unit by Utahjazz, you can use the Ancient Cavalry animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom