Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't see anything wrong. I love the fact that you complement your MOD and bash DyP and ToT, truly beautiful.

That's my point of view. After I shortly played with both the mods some days ago, just to know how they are (never tried before! Just looked through the editor) I wanted to point out the differences.
But I hope nobody will judge that intro "bashing".
Many people (believe me, many) prefer more flavour units, larger maps, etc. no matter if Civilopedia is missing, if it is bull**** (see the DyP trobadour), if AI will never understand what units should use, or if you can leave the PC loading during the night between the turns.
I respect their point of view, but I wanted to let everybody know that this mod is different. I need some more advertisement, because there are still many people who doesn't even know that whis mod exists and are still playing the PTW versions of old mods (waiting for the new "upcoming" releases)

btw, do you like the new logo?

I'm going to post an interview. Some months ago I was asked some question by the Strategic Command Center: they hoped to put the interview together with the review. But nobody took the job of making the reviews, and so it was never published. Some months have passed, and my answers are now obsolete (I don't remember exactly which was the most recent version).
I think I'll put the updated Q&A in the site.

I don't think that ANY work which took so much time(DYP, for certain, ToT I assume) deserves "bashing" and personally I mix and match stuff usually from several mods for a max "realism" even at the expense of longer play. I love this mod, but still quite enjoy many others.

I'm playing the random map version 2.59 and I'm having a problem with auto-bombard with artillary. It works for naval units, but not artillary. Any reason? I'm going to grab 2.60 tonight!

Tom

I'm very much tempted to try out a middle-eastern civ next game (Israel or Ottomans) but I'm having a bit of trouble there right now conquering the Arabs and I can't help but wonder if that terrain is good enough to build an empire out of... I mean, as Israel my only hope of a nice empire would be to try and conquer into Europe... Something the Ottomans would be much better-off attempting...

Rhye,

I have noticed 1 thing that could make this mod better and why it happens. Where Sameria use to be no one builds a city there because Persia Starting location is too close and its Culture influemce will take up the land if you could move Persia over to the left a bit or even up northern a bit this will allow the computer to build where Samuria use to be. I think also u may need to move Babylon up 1 tile too. This is just a thought and Id think it would make the Middle-east more real.

tacfun

Owain said:
The new logo makes me feel like I forgot to put my glasses on. :crazyeye:

Well it shouldn't seem only blurred, it should be a wind effect. I hope it looks that way.

Owain said:
I like all the mods! There need to be more! Variety is wonderful. :D

I hope I haven't wrote too much in the new intro. I hope it doesn't seem offensive to any mod.

tacfun said:
Rhye,

I have noticed 1 thing that could make this mod better and why it happens. Where Sameria use to be no one builds a city there because Persia Starting location is too close and its Culture influemce will take up the land if you could move Persia over to the left a bit or even up northern a bit this will allow the computer to build where Samuria use to be. I think also u may need to move Babylon up 1 tile too. This is just a thought and Id think it would make the Middle-east more real.

tacfun

Thanks for the suggestion. Once it happened, but only once in ten test games. The Middle East borders now seem to be more random.
I'll try and see if anything changes.

Rhye said:
I hope I haven't wrote too much in the new intro. I hope it doesn't seem offensive to any mod.
It's well written and doesn't seem offensive at all.
Your mod simply has a different purpose from the others, and I must say you fulfilled that purpose exceptionally well.

@Blasphemous- If you want a game of all out war, Ottomans are the best middle eastern country for that. If you want to struggle to gain territory, Hebrews are good to use. The best civ in this mod (in my opinion) is Austria. Great starting location etc etc.

@Rhye- For the Xpack, what are the 2nd UU's going to be? Just to see if we all agree. :rolleyes:

Rhye,

If you can? I would like to have the mounted warrior back in the xpack if this is possible. I loved the mounted warrior. I believe you changed it for the brave.

tacfun

Historically, the Iroquois should not be able to build horses until the Spanish arrive. Perhaps replace thier knight? Make it a 4/3/3 Requires: Horses?

Beernuts1987 said:
@Blasphemous- If you want a game of all out war, Ottomans are the best middle eastern country for that. If you want to struggle to gain territory, Hebrews are good to use. The best civ in this mod (in my opinion) is Austria. Great starting location etc etc.
I am now playing through the last excruciating twenty years of my game (where the loading times are back with vengeance) as Austria and I think you're right, they really are very very powerful. I have been able to create an empire that spans all of Europe except for the north (Scandinavia is next in the line of nations for me to invade) and the western portion of the middle east (I've just finished grabbing Arabia's homeland, they're stuck in India now with sucky cities they took away from Ghandi.) I didn't even break a sweat. After the first couple of attempted invasions by France and Rome, whoever I wanted to conquer was mine, and if only I had realized my power I'd probably have gotten down to AFrica and gone through some of Asia by now.

I played Greece and walked on all!!! I played on Monarch level. 2 Things i noticed was Eygpt need buffing badly...!!!!(More Shields!!) I also removed America and the game seemed to play great. I wish computer would be tougher and have bigger armies!

tacfun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom