Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
tacfun said:
Rhye, I set the AI back to Regent but I was wondering if we set it to Chieften what would it play like? What has been your experience?? Or how about Warlord for the computer??

tacfun

I didn't try to set it below Regent. AI would face less happiness problems and less corruption. Probably large empires like Russia and China would benefit more than the other civs. But it could be tried, in case somebody feels that Demigod (the highest difficulty level supported by this mod) is still too easy. But that's never happened until now

tacfun said:
Sorry for another post..But I have found an error in the Civapedia...Under Myon on the second page of the history read up on the race the last Paragraph it has was (thie r) the r is seperated. Just thought you might want to know.

tacfun

Myon?
thie r?

I don't find it. Can you be more specific please?

Tacfun. There is an aussie mod out there which gives the aussies a Anzac as the UU. i think its for vannila or play the world but the unit should work. Another one gives the Aussies Light cavalry and the Huey helicopter. This is for C3C.

P.S the version you released last has that got australia or are we still waiting?

I really am excited about the idea of adding the aussies to RoC, if done right it will be awesome.

Rhye said:
I didn't try to set it below Regent. AI would face less happiness problems and less corruption. Probably large empires like Russia and China would benefit more than the other civs. But it could be tried, in case somebody feels that Demigod (the highest difficulty level supported by this mod) is still too easy. But that's never happened until now

Are you saying that levels below regent are harder htan above for this mod? :confused:

Rhye said:
I read that it contained wine. But I don't remember where. I'm not completely sure.

I am not sure that there are that detailed descriptions of the Gardens. No description made by contemporary Babylonians have been discovered. Most descriptions comes from Greek historians, many who never had seen the Gardens, and they describe a garden of fruits, flowers and trees.
Anyway, I believed you introduced the resource requirements to make the wonders more regional specific, and since... Just found wine near Jerusalem - ignore my remarks...

Rhye,

Congrads on the map! Can't wait to use it in a new mod of mine.

Also I will in the future add the Aussies to the mod! I have never added a unit to a mod so Im not sure what to do? I know how to change all the things of America into Aussie but have never added units.

Can anyone give me a good explanation on this?

tacfun

Rhye, can u let me know when its going to be done as biq? I need that version of map!

tacfun

Ok guys... I have added Australia to the mod. I need City name list and Great Leader name list and Science Leader name list. I also still need to add a unit for them or they are getting the F-15..LOL! I have the Art work all done and added. Please help me.

tacfun

I'd be intereste din playing as Australia if you replaced say, Israel or Netherlands with them... Seems sort of contradictory to remove the US and replace it with Australia. If you're going ot have the aussies you should have the americans imo.

Playing as the aussies in such a game would be a unique challenge due to thier isolation. What did the Australia mod use as a UU? You could just copy that....

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=90897

Looks like htey have two UU's... Maybe this would be a good thing to do after Rhye releases the X-Pack since he'll have 2 UU's then if I understand correctly?... I know his standards differ in regards to civ-selection, but I like the civs to be a little more spread out. I was sort of planning on waiting for the X-Pack and then doing a little civ switcharoo with Australia and Tibet and possibly another American civ... I like the look of the Haida...

Anyway, its all just about preference, but it looks to me like you could pretty easily just stick the aussies in by taking advantage of the already-developed mod that includes them.

Thanks for input. I do understand what you mean by leaving America. I choose to remove America so Europe could colonzie and I only add Australia because that area of the world map was empty and it was kinda a neat idea. I have everything done even the names are now done. I just need to know how to add the UU unit? I have decided to give them the Huey Uh1 chopper! I have the unit ready just not sure how to add it and I don't want to mess up the file system or something if I do it wrong. The only thing I haven't done and won't do is update the CIVEAPEDIA!!

Help me Rhye with how to add a unit???

tacfun

PS.. What color for Australia? I have them as the American blue for now.

Edit the F-15, rename it, and change the Civilopedia entry to PRTO_XXXX
where XXXX is the name of your_unit separated with "_".

Put the anims in the \art\units\XXXX folder and check that there's the .ini Its name should be exctly XXXX.ini

Then, open the pediaicons.txt and add the line
#ANIMENAME_PRTO_XXXX
XXXX
in the animname section.
In pediaicons you add the link to civilopedia pictures, too.

For civilopedia text, you must edit civilopedia.txt instead.

Thanks for link...Ahhh screw it. Im leaving them with the F-15 and if someone wants to mod my mod and add another unit so be it! I will upload it shortly in 2 zips.

tacfun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom