Mod Land!

Swissempire

Poet Jester
I know there is a thread like this called development and blah,blah,blah, but it was focused on to many things and i wanted to start a new one.

This Thread will be purely about Modding. Ideas for rules, explanations for rules, brainstorming,debates, questions from New Mods... stuff like that

NOTE: This is not annoy mods for updates thread. I swear to god, if anybody post say "Work on the Update" or "UPdate N.A.O" I will personally kill you with my magically delicious lucky charms super laser!

MY first question/debat starter is how do you calculate population, and what are the merits of using a population stat. And would a population stat work in a more modern NES, like the 1800s?

I know there is a thread like this called development and blah,blah,blah, but it was focused on to many things and i wanted to start a new one.

But that thread's still meant for also rule discussion, etc. And even though other discussion also takes place in that thread, I don't really see a point for a new thread.

Judging population: I used to give people a certain amount of population for each city they have, but now I judge how large their empire is, how many mouths they have to feed, and increase the population appropriately. It's easier, faster, and more realistic.

Purpose for population stat? How many people can work your lands, how large an army you can support. I had an idea for economy where it is directly based on population, IE if your population is less than 1000, 1 economy point, if it is less than 10 000, 2 eco points, less than 50 000, 3 economy points, etc.

That may work in the ancient ages,but industrial age and foward on the economy needs to be structured.

Estimate the population from historical levels. A multiple city empire of under 10,000 people is ridiculous.

I don't use population stat since it is too hard to calculate, takes up too much time, it has no use as a stat in itself since people can figure out about how large there population is just by judgement, and a stat used to calculate other stats other particulars can be used (even if this is slightly less realistically, it is only slightly less realistic and in many ways more realistic since in certain cases population has no effect on the amount of soldiers a nation has, see Sparta whose entire male population was part of the army). In essence, using a population stat makes updates take longer and its value is minimal to non-existant.

Top Bottom