MilarNES: Birth of A Civilization

ok ill take the Moai Statues, since they make the most sense. ill spend everything on the UU, next turn ill spend on them statues

EDIT: how about dark red? or green? is ok, pick whatever you want.

your turtle cavalry will cost 2.5 EC each, so you are going to still have 1 EC left from buying the turtles. Do you want to spend the remaining EC in the Moai Statues?

Colour won't matter till tomorrow, which is when I plan to update the map.

I just realised something though, Moai Statues dont encourage growth!, the whole island civilization was destroyed for building them and creating an environmental nightmare. what do you think?

I just realised something though, Moai Statues dont encourage growth!, the whole island civilization was destroyed for building them and creating an environmental nightmare. what do you think?

Well, the Oracle of Delphi wasn't known exactly for the technological advances provided to the Greek people, yet at Civ4 if you build the Oracle you get 1 Free Technology. As many people have already told me, this is just a game.

thats fine, ill build them statues, put the rest of the money on it pleace. ^___^ you are awesome. are my stats correct? please dont go until i know everything is fine.

oh thank god, this means update will be here soon? cant wait! thanks for letting me have the wonderful oportunity of joining your great nes :)

As the world stretches and yawns in its first years, the human nations all along the world have started to develop further than what they were in the past. Some advance in their knowledge of how the world works, while a few start to work on several important architectural wonders that will amaze the future world when visits are made to them and others wither through the ineffectual leadership of those that were supposed to lead them to better times, but instead languish under the inactivity of their leaders and monarchs.

Iin the four corners of the world, a new idea, consisting of expanding the lands that can be considered to be part of the nation, has spread out, as they believe (with reason) that this expansion will bring more power to them, be it a democracy, a monarchy or a dictatorship.

Be it known, however, that even the most experimented peoples in the world can't easily fight against what can be considered the might of religious powers in this world, all of which are attempting to expand their influence within the boundaries known to their world. Many succeed, a few wither, and even less manage to dramatically make themselves important through what they consider “miracles”, sent to them by their god(s), and what unbelievers say are only delusions or coincidences.

Such it is the general situation along the world. Let's inspect the situation in each continent and country, to see more closely how are they faring.

Africa

The nation of Brundagana was certainly the fastest to act of them all. They trained a unit of their powerful Impis and then set all of his army loose in order to make them expand Brundaganan territories along the coast. Some of the people joined the young nation willingly, while others would try to resist the soldiers. However, little could they do against the strength of a powerful, trained army that had their looks set into conquering all lands they could see. It would be one of those people going to the city of Brundagana that would show initially skeptical people that food could indeed be caught from the waters of the sea, thus initializing the first industry the democracy had known. (Fishing (+3 EC), expansion, +1 CP, +3% Tribal Gods)

Further to the north, Damietta also works to expand its possessions, doing everything but the actual work of expanding. They have trained new Slinger units that are eager to enter in combat against the enemies of their gods, but aren't given orders to do so, which makes them quite nervous as they don't seem to have anything to do. Better news for the Damiettan people come from the shores of the Northern Sea and the rivers, where people have caught many delicious animals that live in the water and were currently going upriver, apparently to place their eggs in there. This will surely compliment their wheat bread and wild animal meat diet with some fishes, which some say can give the normal man a bit more of intelligence. (Fishing (+2 EC), +1 CP, +4% Saharan Pantheon Gods)

And, in the west, the Guanches aren't being lazy, neither. After a fortuitous discovery, in which a girl accidentally used a stone of fools gold to make a flint axe and instead managed to make a few wooden sticks burn, the Guanche tribe have been able to make fire at will without the problems it gave them before. This, in turn, has allowed the weapon-makers of the tribe to create more leather slingers and clothes, which were given to the new soldiers of the tribe; and, also, it has driven many people into expansion in all directions, parting from their ancestral homes, in order to make a new life somewhere else. (Fire (+2 EC), expansion, +2% Achamán Worship)

Asia

The Babylonian Empire, after many years of work, has finally managed to work out their first Oar-Ship, which they have directed towards the south, along the river Tigris, in order to expand horizons and borders of the Empire, while the army itself has gone upriver, beating several tribes into submission to the Empire: many within these tribes have turned from their ancient rites upon seeing how wonderful and marvelous the pagan gods are to their taste. (Fishing (+1 EC), expansion, +4% Babylonian Paganism)

Singodia, after a rocky start of the century, managed to recover itself thanks to a very forward and hard-working oligarch, who actually tried to do something for the people instead of hoarding resources like the others tend to do. His efforts in his lands gave birth to the accidental knowledge of fire, and the soldiers (among which the Happy Whistling Clubmen stand out) started to conquer lands for the Council, reaching the sea with their Warriors as the HWC pillaged in the north, bringing back many slaves and resources. An attempt to make a party for the benefit of the cultists met with failure, as it was a very disorganized effort which many faithful didn't enjoy at all. (Fire (+2 EC), expansion, +1 Treasury, +1% Fertility Cult)

From its capital at Bowzer, SNES Land tries to take control of as much of the island they live in as they can. Their Warriors and Slingers spread out, conquering more lands for the Boss and putting more people under their rule. Fire is also discovered in this land, and several new things appear from there: however, many people have “realized” that the religion they follow is nothing but a tall story, and are leaving it in droves. (Fire (+2 EC), expansion, -3% Playerism)

Europe

The Gaulic Confederation has certainly been busy during the last years. After a couple of tries, an attempt to start a trade fair between the cities of the nation seemed to work, although its main purpose, which was to attract barbarians into trading with the Confederation, failed miserably as they weren't interested in anything the Gauls might offer them. Angered by this, the Gaulic Warriors, led by the legendary Kirti, launched an attack against the barbarians, succeeding in conquering many of them, but at a terrible price, as Kirti wasn't able to survive the wounds inflicted on him by a barbarian tribe chief, whom he nonetheless was able to kill before he drew his last breath. An entire company of Warriors was also destroyed in the fights, but it paid its dividends when a long stretch of lands along the river swore loyalty to the Gaulic King and many of them joined the Cults to the Ancestors. Also, the first Gaulic Oar-Ship reached the mouth of the Seine River, settling a colony in there. (Fishing (+1 EC), expansion, -1 Warrior, +2 CP, +6% Ancestor and Personality Cult)

Idyll is currently faring well in their semi-hostile environment. Even there, crops can be grown and feed a big population, which is why the Idyllians are growing and moving from the place where they live to new lands to cultivate. This is helped by their knowledge of the wheel, which takes them further than what their feet alone can. The military success of the army against savage people and barbarians are driving many towards the worship of the warriors as envoys of the gods. (Agriculture (+3 EC), expansion, +4% Militarism)

In the Eastern Mediterranean, the Kingdom of Hellenium is building up a magnificent army, launching it towards the north in an attempt to take as much land as it is possible. A smashing success was met, with the Hellens taking a lot of land before having to stop due to lack of supplies to keep going forward. Also, they have started to investigate several ways to start up fires, which unfortunately hasn't met with success yet, but there are many promising possibilities that the sages have considered but not tried as of yet. (Fire (2/6), -1 Warrior, expansion, +3% Hellenic Polytheism)

The Kingdom of Rome, under the rule of King Romulus, has started to battle against the lethargy that had invaded the country when it was born, and is currently doing its best to do something that will keep the nation safe from any enemies. So far, its first orders have been to start searching for a way to extract resources from the ocean that lies near the city and to send a Warrior company towards the south in order to conquer more lands for the Kingdom. (Fishing (4/5), expansion, +2% Roman Paganism)

In the Anglian islands, the Picts from Pictland have started to bring in animals that live in the northern highlands to take care of them and get more foodstuffs and materials from them in exchange. So far, they have gotten a few successes, but nothing advanced enough to make sure that the animals stay within the required boundaries. Their attacks against the tribes in northern East Anglia have been quite important, bringing under the control of the Monarch all the tribes in the northern highlands, else through attacks with their Woad Warriors (which terrified the enemies) or through bribing of the tribal leaders. (Animal Husbandry (2/5), expansion, +3% Celtic Polytheism)

The United Tribes of Milan, furthering their program to take control of all of the Italian peninsula, have managed to take control of fire-creation through the use of pyrite and flint, giving them the chance of keeping their food safe. Also, the instruction of several new Warriors has driven them into launching the army in all directions, taking special care of the Po River as they feel that it will give them many chances to trade through it. (Fire (+2 EC), expansion, +1% Animism)

North America

In the eastern seaboard of North America, the Holy Empire of Britannia struggles with itself as Emperor after Emperor die, some in very short time spans, without none of them attempting to do anything for their people, who have been driven away from the official religion of Imperialism. (7 EC banked, -2% Imperialism)

Things in the western seaboard are going much better, as the Nootka are clearly working very hard with the crops they are growing in the land, and the army (recently improved through the introduction of new units to it) has done its best to expand in every direction, taking their culture with them and using their Warriors to “convince” the recalcitrant people into accepting the rule of the Nootka Confederation. (Agriculture (+2 EC), expansion, +2% Sun and Moon Worship)

However, the Seri can be said to be the most successful of all North American civilizations, because they have launched themselves into an expansion without limits, crossing the Serian Gulf aboard an Oar-Ship while their army conquers and controls in every direction known to them to contain fertile lands. They have also realized that round rocks can go very fast downhill, and are trying to see whether this can be applied for a practical use. (Wheel (3/5), expansion, +3% Spiritualism)

Oceania

The Sarawak people and their God-Emperor, being alone in the place where they live, have managed to take control of the western part of their island, which they have named Saraw. They have also started to improve their economical output through investment in the pearl catching industry, which provides good money as well as a new item to barter with, for which they use the first oar-ships they have built. They have also managed to understand the rudiments of the wheel, which they are applying to their internal trading routes. (Wheel (+1 EC), expansion, +0.75 Economy, +3% Worship of the God-Emperor)

South America

The Chibchan's fishing efforts gave quite a curious, new capture, as the fishers saw a strange green, four-legged animal swimming towards the coast, where it put many eggs before leaving again. The fishers, amazed and believing this was a signal of Atlaua, god of water, they left the eggs alone, which resulted into the amazing discovery of many small animals like the one who put the eggs months before. Frightening away all the birds that tried to attack the small animals, they decided that the turtle was a true representative of Atlaua to them, so from then on every year they would see the turtles coming and they would keep away all the birds when the eggs hatched. Their army also managed to expand the holdings of the Chibchans in every possible direction, thus bringing many new people into the nation. (Fishing (+3 EC), expansion, +5% Aztec Gods, +5 Giant Marine Turtles :lol:)

The Incan Empire, however, has gone a different direction from what everyone else has gone. Instead of pursuing new knowledge, they have gone forward with plans to build gigantic statues, representing the first Incas (OOC: the Incan Emperors were the ones called Incas, because I think that the Incas referred to themselves as Quechuas, if I am not mistaken) they ever had, using for that stone excavated from the Andes mountains. The construction is advancing nicely, with one of the heads completed, but there are yet many others to be built. Their westward drive also met with success, as the soldiers managed to reach the ocean very fast. (Moai Statues wonder started, expansion, +3% Inti)

A new player has entered into the world stage! Its name is even stranger than that of SNES Land: the people of Darwinia Ultima, being born in the oceanic Galapagos Islands, have befriended the big turtles that live with them in the islands, to the point that the turtles actually let people ride over them! This has been the first time someone has been able to ride over one animal without being in danger of being thrown to the floor, and the Darwinians have risen to the challenge by creating a Turtle Cavalry that, while slow at land, it's really fast when going into the sea (only a few hundred of meters, as people don't know yet how to survive in the sea without enough food), which could give them the advantage in future wars... once they know the way out of their islands. Strangely for people at this time, the most known current of thought is that there isn't any kind of supernatural being “out there” taking care of us, but it's still a minority. Like the Incans, they have also started to build giant statues out from the volcanic rocks in the zone(+Existence, +5% Atheism, +1 Warrior, Animal Husbandry (+2 EC), Moai Statues wonder started)

MAP IN HERE!
Spoiler :

FINIS (till next update)

@Everyone: I am very sorry for how much I have taken to write this, but between the delay required by Vertinari118, then the arguments with Abaddon, then Dreadnought arriving late and the last-minute inclusion of stalin006, it's been pretty chaotic to keep everything in mind about the orders and such. If any of you think part of this update sucks, it's the fault of my half-asleep mind. I'll update the stats and then hit the bunk. Map to be post tomorrow as early as I can.

Also @ Everyone: so that incidents like Abaddon's don't happen again, I'd like you to say in the thread that you have sent the orders. If I haven't received them, I'll tell you on a PM and ask you to send them again. Also, try to stick to the Order Template I have in Post#4 (just under the BIG map). Also have been creating a couple of new technologies, but I won't put them in the Tech Tree until I have finished the descriptions. Your suggestions for possible Wonders and Techs are very welcome (10 Techs/Age from Dark Age to Enlightenment and 15 Techs/Age from Industrial Age to Future Age).

I really hope that you have liked this first update of MilarNES: Birth Of A Civilization.

@stalin006: you should have seen CrezNES: ARTOR. If you think this is good, then CrezNES was fantastic!

@Cynovolans: would you mind sending me the description of your Iker soldiers? I fear that I forgot to write it in my orders document, and then I erased the Update 0 orders.

Last words before I close the computer for a well-deserved rest: you can get culture points, which might be needed in the future to build the better wonders and can help you acquire other nation's lands without a need to fight. Read the ruleset at the start or ask Crezth, he knows about the culture-flip thing (I took the idea from him).

A Warchief’s Tale
Night Fire 2

After the Moon Dies

Another day done, another rite of passage, the world moves on as they talk to the great sage.
Gaven Rul once again gathered the children to the story fire. He looked across the room. The fire was bright. Above, the moon was ‘dying’ as called when it is completely covered by the darkness.

He gathered his thoughts, his story is old. “For three nights and four days the young hunter was borne, to the hamlet of High Chief Yurth.”

He sprinkled a red herb and some charcoal into the fire and started after he was enveloped by a cloud of white smoke and sparkeles in the air.

The town was proud, on a hill, its gates made of Oak. On the side, toward the river is a harbor where he soaked.

He was carried, by no less than four, toward a large stone door. Rolled out of the way, was a bunch of hay and room for not much more.

Into this cave, pushed was he, and he thought as they snickered, “I will get you all one day and my resolve will never flicker!”

Day in and day out, he practiced his strength. He heard all about the news. The some guards are tough and old while others are weak through and through.

The moon grew smaller and smaller, he remembered how they trained. He saw how they built their boats and how they fought unrestrained.

This he remembered in his mind, to teach his own people home. For one day he will come back and drive them off this loam!

As the nights grew darker, he knew who was weak.

Who doesn’t pay attention and who acted meek.

The day the moon died, when all was dark and still.

He pushed away the great stone door ready to kill.

OK, people, the map has been posted. Also, a couple of corrections to some mistakes in the stats have been made to reflect the changes in the update. Remember that, if you see any mistake in them, you can ask for me to correct it. Also, I still accept any suggestion about other Techs and Wonders, as well as any possible rule (you still have to make your opinion about Arian's "knowledge through friendship" known)

EDIT: Rome is weaker because they have yet to get the Free Tech. I would have given them one, but when you said that you wanted to get Rome I left the choice to you. Once you give them a good tech, your economical power will be more or less similar to the others' (Pictland will still be less powerful, economically speaking).

EDIT 2: DEADLINE FOR THE NEXT UPDATE IS THE NEXT MONDAY 2ND MARCH AT 2 PM GMT+1 (8 AM EST). PLEASE DO NOT MISS IT.

Top Bottom