Rallying call for Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

Not quite..

It is definately possible to spawn settlers/workers on different tiles/on different turns without messing up gameplay. Trust me, I couldn't wait for Rhye to finally release this so I'm attempting to run my own 'simulation' - and it works nicely with 1 upt. :)

What about the starting military units?

Also, units can definitely exist in the same tile. It is even possible for a unit to sit on the tile of another civilization's city. You just can't move to these positions (except when moving into unexplored areas that are crowded with units) and you can't end turn in this situation. There also seems to be some dll stuff going on that can "bump" units (the AI's for sure, maybe yours) so that you don't end in a >1upt situation without movement to get out of it.

I haven't explored how this affects Lua spawning. This is just observation from playing >1000 hrs.

you can spawn multiple units on a plot, you'll just have to move them out.

What if the plot is surrounded for some reason? What do you do if all the plots you could legally move to are occupied by foreign units? I imagine this could be a problem in Europe.

Don't know about civ5, but in civ4, if a unit had to be kicked out of a plot and there was nowhere for it to go, it just disbanded. This could lead to some new exploits to kill civs on spawn.

There's a killNeighbors function in the Civ IV RFC python. I know nothing of lua, but I'm sure it's possible.

What if the plot is surrounded for some reason? What do you do if all the plots you could legally move to are occupied by foreign units? I imagine this could be a problem in Europe.

Don't know about civ5, but in civ4, if a unit had to be kicked out of a plot and there was nowhere for it to go, it just disbanded. This could lead to some new exploits to kill civs on spawn.

Units can be converted/killed in the area of the new civ spawning.

:bump:

I'm severely looking forward to this mod. :)

I think this project won't continue till the DLL is out, and it won't be out until Civ 6 will be out. And Civ 6 won't be out yet, until they get bored with DLCs and patches. By the way, there is no new patch and no new DLC in whole Autumn, so who knows? Maybe they started to work on it and Civ 6 will be out a few years later?

Rhye could always come back to civ 4 :D. I bet there is loads of neat things that could be added to RAND (Also the Greek world thing is waiting for some love)

Hey all - with Rhye announcing his deserved retirement from Civ4 modding, I really don't think there's any way to continue with this mod, unless some coder appears out of nowhere.

Sorry to disappoint.
it dead

Top Bottom