Hot or Cold

Strider

In Retrospect
What do you think of when you think of something evil (a place, person, or object). Do you imagine it being very hot, or very cold? Something in between maybe?

I've always though of evil as being cold (very cold), which was one of the reasons I loved Warcraft III so much (examples:)

Do you see what I mean? So, what do you guys think. Hot or cold?

Temperature is just temperature, a measure of the random molecular motions of the individual mmolecules or a substance. Heat is just the transfer of thermal energy. They are no way connected to morality.

Babbler said:
Temperature is just temperature, a measure of the random molecular motions of the individual mmolecules or a substance. Heat is just the transfer of thermal energy. They are no way connected to morality.

I didn't ask if they were connected, I asked that when you think of something evil, do you think of it as being hot or cold.

I tend to think of "cold evil" as cruel and unemotional and "hot evil" as violent and hateful. For example, that guy Arthas does not seem particularly violent or kill lots of people. He just has a screwed up mind :). I find cold is more evil.

Strider said:
I didn't ask if they were connected, I asked that when you think of something evil, do you think of it as being hot or cold.
Neiter, but then again I don't really think of things as "evil" or not.

Cold,fits better with people descriptions,for example that coldhearted bi***.

Being raised Catholic, I used to think hot. Now, I believe anyplace that one can't ski that is cold must be evil. So, now I think cold.

I generally associate evil with reigning fire balls down upon people :nya: , thus hot.

But this thread has made me wonder, often evil can be 'cold'....hmmm.

Reigning ice balls down upon the land doesn't sound quite as good though. Sounds like snow. So I guess hot is my answer, though there can be some really 'cold hearted' evil.

Babbler said:
Sure there is. At some point there will be such an amount of much energy that life ceases to exist. Whether it is exceedingly high temperatures or exceedingly low temperatures, I consider it the enemy of life and thus evil.

I should have made a poll for this, but oh well.

It depends. When you live where I do, you garner a healthy respect for how cold cold can be, but then, I absolutedly hate heat. Thus, either extreme is evil... but when I think of evil, it can be either. If that made any sense.

it can be either, but i generally think of evil as hot, demons are evil and they are usually accompanied by flames

Quentin said:
I tend to think of "cold evil" as cruel and unemotional and "hot evil" as violent and hateful. For example, that guy Arthas does not seem particularly violent or kill lots of people. He just has a screwed up mind :). I find cold is more evil.

Same here.

For some reason I think that cold evil is more badass. Hot evil seems more human because it has emotions (for example, I feel like I could make something "hot evil" mad). Cold evil, on the other hand, is really immune to all that stuff. Or maybe it is just because we live in a cold world that I find cold evil more badass.

Fifty said:
Same here.

For some reason I think that cold evil is more badass. Hot evil seems more human because it has emotions (for example, I feel like I could make something "hot evil" mad). Cold evil, on the other hand, is really immune to all that stuff. Or maybe it is just because we live in a cold world that I find cold evil more badass.

And cold evil is always mmuch more charismatic and witty.
Look at the Germans lin Die Hard-Alan Rickman's cool unnervedness makes for such an interesting character :)

Hot and Cold can represent evil depending on how you look at it.

Quentin said:
I tend to think of "cold evil" as cruel and unemotional and "hot evil" as violent and hateful. For example, that guy Arthas does not seem particularly violent or kill lots of people. He just has a screwed up mind . I find cold is more evil.
Same here, except I think "hot evil" can also be delightfully sinful. For example, a beautiful woman who persuades you into cheating with her on your wife would be "hot evil."

WillJ said:
Same here, except I think "hot evil" can also be delightfully sinful. For example, a beautiful woman who persuades you into cheating with her on your wife would be "hot evil."
What about the cold heartless chick with icy blue eyes who persuades you to do the same?

I love cold and hate warm. Therefore my evil=warm.

I've gotta get a fan one of these days...

Top Bottom