FfH2 0.40 Changelog

Its a gameoption: Option=GAMEOPTION_BLUE_MARBLE_TERRAIN

Hmmm, took me awhile to figure out how to get done properly. But now I've changed it back to the FfH terrain! :D I hated the blue marble terrain in the Splintered Court scenario. It didn't feel right at all.

I strongly agree. Umbrawood needs the more shadowy FfH terrain. Blue Marble is fine for the Menagerie, Blue Marble grasslands under Ancient forests look horrible.

--------------------

Why did you decide to block us from building Valin Phanuel in the Fall of Cuantine? The text makes it sound like Valin and Rosier should be serving together there. I built Valin my first time, and was wondering why I haven't ben able to since then until I checked ScenarioFunctions.py and found gc.getGame().incrementUnitClassCreatedCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCLASS_VALIN')). I still don't understand the purpose behind this. Did you think it make the scenario too easy? If so, I think adding giving the twisted men Saverous or The Burnt Priest (probably a uniquely named Speaker with some special promotions) would be a better solution.

Why did you decide to block us from building Valin Phanuel in the Fall of Cuantine?

I could build him, but I haven't played the scenario since patch B. So has it changed since patch D?

I haven't downloaded patch D (it didn't change a whole lot and I'd made a few changes I didn't want to bother having to add back again until a patch added something substantial), but as of patch C it is blocked.

Patch 0.40f (unreleased, patch "f" will break save games)

6. Removed the Armored Cavalry tech (Knights and Shadowriders moved to Warhorses).
7. Warhorses tech requires Iron Working and Horseback Riding (instead of Stirrups)
8. Stirrups tech requires Archery and Horseback Riding (instead of Trade, Archery and Horseback Riding), cost reduced from 1600 to 800.
9. Archers can be upgraded to Horse Archers.
10. Axemen can be upgraded to Chariots.
11. Chariots gain -25% attacking into forests and jungles, and can be upgraded to Knights.
12. Champions can be upgraded to Knights.
13. Knights strength dropped from 11/9 to 11/7.
14. Added the Herne world unit (Kuriotate only, starts with centaur, hero and blitz).
15. Centaur Guard unit removed.
16. War Tortoise is now a Knight UU for the Lanun (instead of a war chariot UU).
17. Clan of Embers can't build Horse Archers or Knights anymore (used to be Ogre and Orge Warchief UU's).
18. Ogre is now a Champion UU (you can't upgrade clan axemen to champions/ogres anymore).
19. Stoneskin Ogre is now a Phalanx UU.
20. Ogre Warchief is now an Immortal UU.
21. War Chariot unit removed.

These actually sound pretty good, better than I was expecting from the poll. I tend to think that Chariots should have even bigger penalties from those features though. Oh, and I assume that there is a penalty from Ancient Forests too, or else adopting FoL will be really dumb if your rivals use chariots a lot. Also, I really hope that War Chariots are retained as Dwarven UUs, as the ones pulled by big horn sheep are so much cooler looking than boar riders.

It does seem odd for Ogre Warchiefs to be Immortal. Any new lore to explain why?

Giving the Kuriotates another hero that (presumably) comes a whole lot sooner than Eurabatres seems like a very good idea, as Eurabatres is almost impossible to get in most games. I'd been meaning to add a Centaur hero in my version for a while, but was focused more on python changes. What are Herne's stats and prereqs? Is Eurabatres still considered their hero for the purpose of Resurrection and the Shrine of the Champion, or has that been changed to Hearne?

I really think that the Sheaim need some love now. If the Kuriotates get a second, earlier hero the Sheaim definitely need one, as Abashi is just as late, just as expensive, and weaker than Eurabatres. I'm thinking a dark mage hero would be appropriate, perhaps considered Tebyrn's apprentice. He could have twincast, Unholy Taint, or maybe a special ability to force units he defeats to return and serve his as their demonic/undead equivalent like was done to all dying units in The Black Tower. One of the minor leaders like the half-demonic Averax might make a good hero to. Also, I think that they really need something to make up for the fact that they are the only civ that cannot get Immortals. I like making the Consume Soul spell grant Eaters of Dreams the immortal promotion.

Maybe the new Ogre Warchiefs are an homage to DnD Ogre Mages? Those tend to have a ridiculous rate of regeneration, though the "mage" part of their name would lead you to think they're a lot squishier. Maybe "advanced Ogre" or something would've been a more fitting name. *shrugs*

Anyhow, I look forward to checking out the alternatives presented in patch F.

Fantastic stuff. I'm downloading and testing this for the first time as we speak.

As some of you know, my wife tends to go with Luicurp. And now I will not only have 80's pack och clinking iron-golem stacks of doom to contend with.. they will also be invisible. :eek:

Luichurp did not need the ability to make their units invisible.. and I might quietly disable that building in the version we play. ;)

I really think that the Sheaim need some love now. If the Kuriotates get a second, earlier hero the Sheaim definitely need one, as Abashi is just as late, just as expensive, and weaker than Eurabatres. I'm thinking a dark mage hero would be appropriate, perhaps considered Tebyrn's apprentice. He could have twincast, Unholy Taint, or maybe a special ability to force units he defeats to return and serve his as their demonic/undead equivalent like was done to all dying units in The Black Tower. One of the minor leaders like the half-demonic Averax might make a good hero to. Also, I think that they really need something to make up for the fact that they are the only civ that cannot get Immortals. I like making the Consume Soul spell grant Eaters of Dreams the immortal promotion.

That or some really big extraplanar beast, to break up the pattern of sheaim dark mages.

Lies! If he was a hero, he should always start with the hero promotion!

But seriously, the Sheaim are fine. Pyre Zombies, Planar Gates, All the stuff that comes out of planar gates, the summoning trait, eaters of dreams, and a big bad dragon make them quite potent and in no need of additional 'love'.

Hi folks -- sorry for the n00b question, but where do you find patch notes for the "letter" releases. I see you all cutting/quoting patch notes but I have never been able to find them. Where, for example, are the notes for the current .40 "p" release? Thanks!

Might be nice to inlcude the patch number in the Fall From Heaven changes of civopedia. Players can then check what version / patch they are running very easily.

I want know the History fo some players like decius.The game is excelent congratulations guys !!!!!

Have an possibility to translate the game to Portuguese? It will be very cool to understanda all the game concepts!!!!!!

Realy thanks and Good Joob !!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom