AoD2 Latest version: Download here!

2. Unzip to your C4C \Mods\ folder. A new folder called \AgeOfDiscoveryII\ will be created.
the only mods folder i have is in "C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\MODS"

is that correct? i'm unsure, because my other Civ4 games have a mods folder directly in their program files

Just create the Mods folder in the program files folder yourself. :)

Hey Dale,

First off, thanks for the mod. I like the extra images/music/videos as much as anything else!

I remember playing a game about a month ago where my European King won by trading victory. It was essentially a runaway victory, as I was not nearly close enough to winning. I think I read that this might have been some sort of bug: if so, has it been fixed with v1.10? Or is there a workaround? Thanks.

Hey GA. :) That bug is fixed in 1.10. The King can't score an eco victory now (or production or pirate victory either).

Wow! I downloaded this patch yesterday and it's really GREAT! It's so military oriented you will enjoy it profoundly. I should have played as the Spanish for even greater enjoyment. Anyway, I started the game and noticed a BIG change, GUN price in Europe is second to only silver.

- now before I continue, you have to see that: Silver requires no processing, you just mine and dump 'em, guns on the other hand, go through TWO stages, ore --> tools --> guns. what's more from 1 mountain with silver (or river), you get 6 units max a turn with 1 man (silver miner), from the same mountain you get 12 guns a turn with 3 men (1 ore miner, 1 blacksmith, 1 gunsmiths).

BUT, guns are still the NEXT silver in this patch because the building requirements are so simple, and also, the manufacturing process is tied in with the development process (you will build tools anyway), so the infrastructure for the gun industry is so very simple, and extremely profitable!

anyway, so, as I launch my game, having noticed this, I build nothing else but gun and tool buildings, I even rush buy several buildings from the start when I have money.

Then I sell back to Europe loads and loads of guns.

My Colony is an arm dealer industry, nothing else! runs on lumber and ore and food, so simple to manage, beautiful!

I got luck for getting 2 master gunsmith and a master Blacksmith early so it helps me with a head start.

Around turn 50 on, I started buying Veteran Soldiers and horses from Europe instead of raising them, and create an army of Dragoons and then run around and kill off everybody! It's so much fun!

Buy turn 100+ with everybody else almost dead and their ships keeps running around, I got bored so I just quit, my population by that time is a mere 60+ colonists with an army of 10 veteran soldiers maxed out with promotions.

I also noticed that it seems the AI got FRIGATES spawned automatically for them? For I bought Frigates from Europe as well to kill of everybody on the high sea as well, but was not very successful, once my 3 (heavily promoted) frigates rushed in and kill off 2 Spanish Frigates and no other ship is around and it's on the high sea (the area to leave for Europe), all of a sudden, next turn, a Spanish Frigate just appear right there and sink 1 of my Frigates! :o

So I guess every time you kill of enemy frigates they just get new ones free? I don't enjoy that part so much, though with no land to land anymore, they are but dead meat anyway. It's like the AI is cheating, by turn 100+ there are like 30+ ships from all nations running around everywhere any moment. it's just impossible to control the sea as well as in land.

My game was a Revolutionary level, large map, cheers! ^^

Which is very useful against MoWs. :)

I know I posted this in another thread, but I had to look back and see any mention of this. I've tried a few games now and in each one of them, my cannons won't fire on enemy ships... they did in 1.09 though. I assume the requirements are simple? Cannon + in fortress = fire on enemy ships?

Doesn't seem to work, over several games tried.

Bug, or intentional?

Bug .

Hi, this may seem like an obvious question to those more computer literate than me, but I have saved the AoD 1.1 mod and the 1.01 patch and installed them both. The mod can load but it makes no difference to the game and I am unable to use the new civs or anything. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi, this may seem like an obvious question to those more computer literate than me, but I have saved the AoD 1.1 mod and the 1.01 patch and installed them both. The mod can load but it makes no difference to the game and I am unable to use the new civs or anything. Can anyone help?

That sounds a lot like the problem that I had. Where did you get the 1.01 patch? There does seem to be slightly different patches floating around. The 1.01 patch that worked for me was here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=315714

Hope that helps.

1.11b Released!

See first post for details. :)

1.11b Released!

See first post for details. :)

Is this latest release different from the 1.11b beta that we've been testing for a week or so? I'm re-DLing it, but not sure if I needed to.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Yeah it's different. :)

Dale,

I'm excited to try out the new release (v1.11b), however, the "weplayciv.com" site is blocked at my work location where I can download big files pretty quickly (I don't think I want to attempt downloading via slow dial-up from home).

Any chance you'll host this downloadable file elsewhere--like on civfanactics.com?

Cheers!

Dale,

I'm excited to try out the new release (v1.11b), however, the "weplayciv.com" site is blocked at my work location where I can download big files pretty quickly (I don't think I want to attempt downloading via slow dial-up from home).

Any chance you'll host this downloadable file elsewhere--like on civfanactics.com?

Cheers!

At 413 meg it's not able to be uploaded to CFC. Is there any way you can bounce off a proxy to mask where you're downloading from?

Dale,

Cheers!

Tread cautiously, not a good idea!!! I know of several people at my former employer, who were terminated for personal use of the company computer. It is against most company's policies and they do monitor activity for this purpose.

Do what I do, find a friend with high speed, let your dial up load all night or load little by little over the course of days. The last two options are if you have program like Internet Download Manager that will allow resumption of most downloads.

Good luck and be smart.

Agreed. Definitely a no-no to use any form of proxy with or to mask use of my company's intranet. Thanks for the suggestion, Dale, but I'm going to have to bug a neighbor or friend to D/L this update (one of these days).

buck_beach's comments are right on (as far as my company is concerned--definitely cause for termination).

Agreed. Definitely a no-no to use any form of proxy with or to mask use of my company's intranet. Thanks for the suggestion, Dale, but I'm going to have to bug a neighbor or friend to D/L this update (one of these days).

buck_beach's comments are right on (as far as my company is concerned--definitely cause for termination).

What about this link?

Dale,

Thanks for trying with the new link. That one is blocked too.

Definitely looks like I'm going to have to plead with my next-door neighbor to do some seriously downloading (AoD v1.11b) soon.

Top Bottom