SGOTM 10 Rules Discussion

Lexad

oldfart
Does "nuking" include tactical nukes? Won't "complete kills" affect dramatically the finish date because of spies and GSpies?

interestingly... What do Gyathaar think about spy killing? How it will look like? :lol:

Hmm.. does that mean if the civ has spies left, they are not counted as dead with this option on?

if so I may have to reconsider if this option should be left on or not

Yep, killing any civs with spies(which would be everyone) is a pain, making conquest a matter of placing spies all over the map, not actually killing all the civs the fastest.
You can put a spy on every tile of the map, but you'll never be able to see other civ's spies. And even if you be, you can't kill them.

We must (but probably Gyathaar is already do it) test in WB if spies count like other units.
Anyone remember CivIII where often, after conquer all cities of an AI you was forced to find a galley or worse, a galleon with a settler in it? And until then that AI was alive?

(What does complete kills actually mean? That you have to destroy all units as well as all cities?)

yes.. either ICBM or tactical nukes..

and Alan has stated the map size wrong.. its small map :)

Sorry about that. Fixed in the game description.

What if the nuke gets intercepted, does that count as well for nuking or it has to be a successful mushroom? :nuke:

Let me see, 19 nukes for all the world to use, 2 nukes to kill everyone in a tile, Conquest victory without vassals, have to nuke city before taking it... nah, does not compute :D

Cities are created with pop 2 and a few buildings.

Does this mean the cities are already there, or that if you settle a city it starts at size 2? i've never done an advanced start before.

You don't start with any cities, just two settlers and some other units as listed. Each city you build starts with some buildings and two citizens.

Where is the second settler?

Is discussing city location banned from this thread as spoiler? Avoided to not help other teams? Encouraged?

Count the green dots in the full size version of the screenshot. There's one above each of the units except the settler, where there are two.

Nothing to stop you trying to discuss starting strategy here, but public discussion is likely to be more misleading than helpful :mischief:

So, we finally have a date for the new HoF mod.
Well, we have a target date. If it's delayed then so are we. We can't start without it.

An unusual game.
Please see i f i got it: if a team has the best finish date but conquers a city before nukes it will drop to 2nd? and if 2 cities it will drop to 3rd? Not that i think we'll have the best finish, just to avoid woods.
Yes, capturing cities without bothering with nukes would be a good way to work your way down the leaderboard. However, that would not necessarily guarantee you the spoons. They are awarded to the lowest scoring finisher.

As if the first 1000 posts of deciding where to settle weren't enough... now you give us TWO settlers >.<
You could always delete one of the settlers. That would solve your problem, right?

About the complete kills vs spies - why not also make it No Espionage?
I guess that removes any fun that might be had for the teams using spies themselves, but it should make complete kills more viable shouldn't it?

Up to Gyathaar to decide...

I remember in CivIII (or was it CivII) where you could set off nukes using your spies. That was always pretty satisfying :)

Top Bottom