[MODMOD] Age of Further Discovery v0.04 Alpha Test - Bugs Report Thread

We will release the next version of RFCEurope soon
Then I will look into this (and the 0.03f), hopefully I can fix a few things...

You guys still working on this mod? Really would like to have a workable version again.

A while back I played with 0.04c and it worked nice. But now 0.04c isnt available anymore. Anyone can reupload 0.04c? Dont want the other ones as they have more bugs in them.

Thanks.

Hey!
I am very much intend to continue this, but the last few months were pretty rough...
But the good news: Summer is coming ;)

Hi!

Did you start working on this again? Would really like to have a working version soon.

I got a couple real life projects added to my usual modding projects, so didn't really have time for this
Sry, but you guys have to wait some more :/

That's alright. As Shigeru Miyamoto said, a project that takes a long time is always free to be made better, even if one must push back its release, but a bad project will always be bad.

I want to change the Goodie File so that the Fountain of Youth has a greater chance of happening. What weight should be given to this in the goodie file.

Presently the Fountian of Youth is listed under the burial groung goodie with the goodie weights as follows:
war 25
treasure 65
fountain of youth 10

Those are chances
25% of hostile enemy (war with natives), 65% of finding treaure, and 10% for fontain of youth

I also noted that the FOY can happen only once.

This text makes that so.

<bUnique>1<bUnique>

So I suppose that if the AI trigger's this, the human player will never get it.

I would rather have the Founding Father, Ponce de Leon. cause this event to happen or have the possibility of more than one occurance from a burial ground goodie.

Having another Founding Father (explorer Like DeSoto or Coronado) trigger "El Dorado" and that event would give immagration bonus or gold.

Anyone know how I would go about fixing the gun required for buildings issue?

The problem is connected to promotions.
If a servant, criminal or free colonist wins a battle while in a colony and gets promoted, you get charged for the guns and horses. It is a bug that is costly to have. It forces you to pay the fee of get stuck in a can't build situation.

Does it happen with any specific promotion or all of them?

edit: Wait, by promotions do you mean ability promotions or when a unit upgrades into a new one?

Does anyone know if this is Mac-compatible?

Okay, I ran a playtest out a few turns to see how it went. Most of what I saw was good, the early game features worked. Indian raids were a very unpleasant surprise! I got into sloop vs. caravel and sloop vs. sloop combat with the AI, so that seems solid so far.

The first significant problem that I noticed, and verified with the Reveal Tile tool in worldbuilder, is that the AI did not appear to do any land scouting. I was picking off unvisited Indian villages and goodie huts well after turn 50, right outside their borders. I couldn't find a single scout for any of the AI players, seasoned or otherwise - just one Portuguese missionary roaming about. Their ships didn't seem to choose "Meet With Chief" either, as I saw Dutch ships enter villages and they remained tappable by my units later.

The second issue I noticed was some weirdness in AI trade. I sank Portugal's initial carrack with my first sloop. He built a sloop, but never did seem to do any more trading with Europe. His cities stagnated, and he never built a third, which suggests that he wasn't moving new colonists in from Europe either. Is it possible that the AI ship selection code is treating the sloop as a cargo vessel, and therefore not triggering either the purchase of new trade ships, or that the King giving you an emergency ship in exchange for a tax increase failed? France did wind up with two galleons, but after a late sinking of the original Dutch Fluyt by my sloop, I never did see another ship from them, either.

Top Bottom